Login

russian armor

Why OKW has resource penalties - Justification?

7 Nov 2015, 15:40 PM

Because 5 vet, best tech options and KT like ordinary unit.

Vet 5 largely useless in competitive games,never seen KT in competitive game either.
And tech alone can't stop the humiliation of this faction time and again to allied forces.
7 Nov 2015, 15:52 PM

Because 5 vet
Just for you the vet bonuses of the KT and Tiger again:

Tiger B 'Königstiger'
1) Unlocks the 'Combat Blitz' ability
2) 20% scatter, +40% weapon rotation speed, +20% accuracy
3) Unlocks the 'Spearhead' ability
4) 45.8% sight range, +30% ac/de-celeration
5) 30% reload

Tiger I
1) Unlocks the 'Blitzkrieg' ability
2) +5 range, +20% accuracy, -20% scatter
3) -30% reload, +20% rotation speed, +20% speed, +20% ac/de-celeration

Let´s compare:

- Vet1 is about equal I would say.
- Vet2 definitely goes to the Tiger I. +5 range is better than the weapon rotation speed hands down. The other bonuses are the same.
- Vet3 on the Tiger I is pretty much better than the vet 4 + 5 on the KT combined. I value movement speed - and thus not losing your tank - higher than sight range. The Tiger simply gets more agility bonuses.

This leaves the KT with worse base vet + one more ability.

All this to justify an income penalty and less vehicles. The vet 5 is overrated. In fact on some units it is worse than the regular vet 3 because you simply need more xp to get there.
7 Nov 2015, 16:34 PM

No, you're not.

Sturmpioneer Squad
1)Unlocks the 'Medical Supplies' ability
2)-30% weapon cooldown, -23% received accuracy +33% repair rate
3)Unlocks the 'Concussive Grenade' Ability, +25% construction rate
4)-23% received accuracy, +20% accuracy
5)No longer takes extra damage while repairing, +40% accuracy

Panzergrenadiers
1)Unlocks the 'Field First Aid' ability
2)-25% weapon cooldown, -29% received accuracy
3)+40% accuracy, +25% grenade range

Let´s compare:

- Vet2 is about equal I. 6% received accuracy or 5% weapon cooldown I think equal too.
- Vet3 on the Panzergrenadiers is pretty much worse than the vet 3 + 4 + 5 on the Sturmpioneer combined. +20% accuracy, +11% received accuracy & cheat stun grenades is much much better.
7 Nov 2015, 16:49 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

- Vet3 on the Tiger I is pretty much better than the vet 4 + 5 on the KT combined. I value movement speed - and thus not losing your tank - higher than sight range. The Tiger simply gets more agility bonuses.

And Speadhead is, as told be Cruzz, trash because in addition to what it states (increases sight in a forward cone and traverse speed at the cost of preventing the turret from turning around past 90 degrees in front of it), it increases scatter.
7 Nov 2015, 16:50 PM

Let´s compare:

- Vet2 is about equal I. 6% received accuracy or 5% weapon cooldown I think equal too.
- Vet3 on the Panzergrenadiers is pretty much worse than the vet 3 + 4 + 5 on the Sturmpioneer combined. +20% accuracy, +11% received accuracy & cheat stup grenades is much much better.

In this example Vet3 vs Vet5 maybe is arguable better but ... hardly worth resource penalties and vet requirements ... Also compare those vet5 bonuses to cheaper vet3 conscript/rifle?

Then again when was the last time u seen vet5 sturms? Because I get/see vet3 rifles,cons all the time.
7 Nov 2015, 18:04 PM

Then again when was the last time u seen vet5 sturms? Because I get/see vet3 rifles,cons all the time.

Then again when was the last time u seen vet5 Koning? Butcher start this crap "4-5 vet is so bad". I see a lot volks 5 vet somtimes obers or Fusi. No see 5 vet liegs thx god anymore.
I don't like OKW design (I do not like design all fractions except Wehrmacht) but resource penalties is pay for OKW advantages.
7 Nov 2015, 19:50 PM

Then again when was the last time u seen vet5 Koning? Butcher start this crap "4-5 vet is so bad".
Well, it is not "sacrificing a third of your fuel income + 20% of your ammo income"- good either. Vet 5 is hardly ingame (except for Volks) and as shown not better on some units. The fact that it is indeed only on par with regular vet in some cases, yet harder to reach, is a joke.

If you do not see the point I´m making here, I have nothing further to discuss with you.
7 Nov 2015, 19:57 PM

Well, it is not "sacrificing a third of your fuel income + 20% of your ammo income"- good either. Vet 5 is hardly ingame (except for Volks) and as shown not better on some units. The fact that it is indeed only on par with regular vet in some cases, yet harder to reach, is a joke.

If you do not see the point I´m making here, I have nothing further to discuss with you.

Exactly this.
7 Nov 2015, 20:46 PM

No, you're not.

Sturmpioneer Squad
1)Unlocks the 'Medical Supplies' ability
2)-30% weapon cooldown, -23% received accuracy +33% repair rate
3)Unlocks the 'Concussive Grenade' Ability, +25% construction rate
4)-23% received accuracy, +20% accuracy
5)No longer takes extra damage while repairing, +40% accuracy

Panzergrenadiers
1)Unlocks the 'Field First Aid' ability
2)-25% weapon cooldown, -29% received accuracy
3)+40% accuracy, +25% grenade range

Let´s compare:

- Vet3 on the Panzergrenadiers is pretty much worse than the vet 3 + 4 + 5 on the Sturmpioneer combined. +20% accuracy, +11% received accuracy & cheat stun grenades is much much better.

Great, so let's nerf sturms to bring it in line with pzgrens, just like what lelic did to pggrens in order to bring in line with stormtroopers.:)
8 Nov 2015, 06:26 AM

Well, it is not "sacrificing a third of your fuel income + 20% of your ammo income"- good either.

Because 5 vet, best tech options and KT like ordinary unit.
8 Nov 2015, 10:19 AM

Best tech options + non-doctrinal KT is in no way a reason for the resource penalty. People backed up their arguments and proofed you wrong. You are making excuses. Oberkommando is the weakest faction at the moment and for a reason. That reason is not having an equal compensation for the income penalty.
8 Nov 2015, 10:35 AM

all hail the glorious i win button called king tiger:crazy:
8 Nov 2015, 13:42 PM

Best tech options + stong troops + 5 vet is in no way a reason for the resource penalty.

:huhsign:
8 Nov 2015, 13:46 PM

Beacuse 2 of those features are currently non-functional -namely extemely strong units all nerfed and vet 5 hardly ever seen in comeptitive matches(except volks who got vet nerfed).
8 Nov 2015, 13:50 PM

KT is a useless overpriced tank, better getting an Ostwind + jp4 or p4s/p5s.

Vet 5 units come late and by that time allied vet 3 + counter units are on the field.

Resource penalty (especially muni) is a joke, denies 3/4 of the faction's abilities.

Volks are trash (only good for AT) --> no mainline infantry.
Sturms can get focused down easly with 2 squads.
Kübel gets countered by M20/M3a1 or ATGs.
Obers got 2x nerfed.
Most vet 5 adds nothing good (not the Sturm, Ober).
ISG nerfed.

Strong, aggressive early-game? Nope :P
8 Nov 2015, 14:08 PM

KT is a useless overpriced tank, better getting an Ostwind + jp4 or p4s/p5s.

OK just remove them. Or put into some commander like Tger and IS.

Vet 5 units come late and by that time allied vet 3 + counter units are on the field...
...Most vet 5 adds nothing good (not the Sturm, Ober).

OK remove 4-5 vet too. Nothing change, right?

Volks are trash (only good for AT) --> no mainline infantry.

Ok. Remove shreks, add 1 member and 3 doc. SMG.

Sturms can get focused down easly with 2 squads.

Like all infantry.

Kübel gets countered by M20/M3a1 or ATGs.

And M20/M3a1 gets countered by Puma or Puphen. And so what.

Obers got 2x nerfed.

Poor men. Remove them too i'm sure all breathe easy. Or put into some commander like Schoks and etc.

Resource penalty (especially muni) is a joke, denies 3/4 of the faction's abilities.

If you do everything I wrote above, not mind. And not forget about increases tech fuel price. x1.33 be fair for all buildings.
8 Nov 2015, 15:16 PM

Nice you put words in my mouth I never wrote by editing my quote. OKW does not have stronger troops any longer.

The Vet5 system is flawed and in some cases even worse than regular Vet3 - as people showed you. In some cases it is on par and in the few cases where it is better, it is so only by a small margin. As Butcher told you it is even harder to get to Vet5 than to Vet3, making it arguably worse in the end. Totally not justifying the resource penalty. Stop living in denial.
8 Nov 2015, 18:25 PM

Nice you put words in my mouth I never wrote by editing my quote. OKW does not have stronger troops any longer.

Ober is weak? Panther is weak? Jagd4 no best medium TD? Puma no best light TD? And King Tiger no strongest heavy? What game do you play?
If you want to remove the penalties on resources then necessary to raise the fuel prices of all buildings of 33%. Remove 4-5 vet and change 3 vet at line the remaining fractions. Increse prise doc arty. Remove shreks from volks and many other things. You can not just and remove penalties without compensation.
8 Nov 2015, 19:22 PM

Ober is weak? Panther is weak? Jagd4 no best medium TD? Puma no best light TD? And King Tiger no strongest heavy? What game do you play?
If you want to remove the penalties on resources then necessary to raise the fuel prices of all buildings of 33%. Remove 4-5 vet and change 3 vet at line the remaining fractions. Increse prise doc arty. Remove shreks from volks and many other things. You can not just and remove penalties without compensation.

Only jagdpanzer is best,rest not cost effective.
No one is saying remove penalties without compensation.Vet 5,teching will be changed too.
11 Nov 2015, 18:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Nov 2015, 16:49 PMVuther

And Speadhead is, as told be Cruzz, trash because in addition to what it states (increases sight in a forward cone and traverse speed at the cost of preventing the turret from turning around past 90 degrees in front of it), it increases scatter.

Used to be true but was recently fixed...patch notes linked by BC in King Tiger thread.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★