Login

russian armor

Why OKW has resource penalties - Justification?

Are OKW penalties justified now?
Option Distribution Votes
32%
68%
What needs to be done?
Option Distribution Votes
36%
16%
38%
10%
Total votes: 220
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
6 Nov 2015, 18:01 PM

Wanted to make a formal thread regarding this core argument .
Taking the whole point of this faction as stated by relic -
Crippling resource penalties compensated by very powerful units and vet 5.But is this reality anymore?

Where are the very powerful units of release - Ober,KT,stuka,sturmoffizer,sturmpio -All toned down or nerfed into relative non-use.

2nd point -Veterancy.Vet4 and 5 -much rare in competitive games except on cheapest volks(which have shit vet bonuses due to nerf).So another marginal feature.

So what is currently the excuse for these brutal penalties?
Does the original premise even apply anymore?
6 Nov 2015, 18:30 PM
Patrion 14

I don't understand the poll. First you talk about changing resources, but then suddenly you speak about a complete faction overhaul.
6 Nov 2015, 18:44 PM

I agree with topic starter they should move swherer panzer and medtruck to the basearea.
6 Nov 2015, 19:29 PM

I don't understand the poll. First you talk about changing resources, but then suddenly you speak about a complete faction overhaul.

First question is are resopurce penalties justified right now with vet 5 being a marginal feature and most of powerful units from release nerfed(these 2 being the reason that okw had penalty)

Second question is how would you solve okw situation?
6 Nov 2015, 19:36 PM

I'd say keep vet 5. But a much needed look to ehat gets buffed. I'd say stay off the vet abilities of the following tanks: JP4, Pz4, Panther, KT, Stuka zu fuss and Luch. All infantry should be looked at
6 Nov 2015, 19:39 PM

The abilities are useless if u can't get to them regularly.
OKW design feature made vet a HUGE thing -enough in part to warrant such a crippling penalty.The reward should be commensurate with the drawback.
6 Nov 2015, 19:41 PM

"I won't be making anymore threads"

-ostherlitz 05.11.2015
6 Nov 2015, 19:42 PM

"I won't be making anymore threads"

-ostherlitz 05.11.2015

When did i say that?Anyway couldn't answer the main question so resorted to personal needling?
6 Nov 2015, 19:57 PM

When did i say that?Anyway couldn't answer the main question so resorted to personal needling?

You're right, my mistake, it was angrykitten.

Apologies.

Proceed with the spam.
6 Nov 2015, 20:27 PM

Apologies.

Proceed with the spam.

Apology accepted,commissar katitof.Will do.
6 Nov 2015, 20:59 PM

OKW has had the strong units and OP vet earlier on in its life cycle. It was decided that this wasn't working and they should be adjusted

I don't think we should go backwards a new direction might not only achieve better balance but i think the playnstyle and feel of the faction could also benefit greatly. They were sort of "Balanced" at some points in time but there have been alot of frustrating times to play them and i think this is their biggest problem
6 Nov 2015, 21:07 PM

OKW used to be designed about better units. Now they don´t have them any longer. It is ridiculous to see Panthers struggle with pretty much any British tank short of the Cromwell.

Slight buff to Volks and reduce vet requirements so that vet5 is more common. I never ever had a vet5 Panther or King Tiger.
6 Nov 2015, 21:15 PM

Resource conversion/salvage exists for a reason.

It's ultimately an advantage, if you use it properly. Go ahead and play a mod that gives OKW standard resource income and changes nothing else and see how fun that is.

As for vet 4/5, I wouldn't mind if some units had their requirements tweaked but I definitely don't want it removed or made too easy. Vet 4/5 are regular occurrences in longer games just fine.

If you're not building the mechanized command and using resource conversion, you are gimping yourself. Unfortunately the metagame right now is BHQ--> Panzer so that's why you feel gimped on money.

Instead of homogenizing OKW, try playing a few games with proper usage of conversion and salvage. You'll notice the difference right away.

6 Nov 2015, 21:19 PM

It's ultimately an advantage, if you use it properly. Go ahead and play a mod that gives OKW standard resource income and changes nothing else and see how fun that is.

As for vet 4/5, I wouldn't mind if some units had their requirements tweaked but I definitely don't want it removed or made too easy. Vet 4/5 are regular occurrences in longer games just fine.

If you're not building the mechanized command and using resource conversion, you are gimping yourself. Unfortunately the metagame right now is BHQ--> Panzer so that's why you feel gimped on money.

Instead of homogenizing OKW, try playing a few games with proper usage of conversion and salvage. You'll notice the difference right away.

Neither the vaunted conversion or salvage(both of which are joke tbh) will stop the allied blob horde of doom from overrunning you.
6 Nov 2015, 21:19 PM

Permanently Banned

Apologies.

Proceed with the spam.

I see I have made quite the fan base. I said I won't make any threads about OKW being shit anymore, please for the love of god if you start the damage control patrol, get your facts straight :snfPeter:
6 Nov 2015, 21:21 PM

Permanently Banned

You won't. It can't stop rifle hordes, let alone with flamers.

Apart from that, what am I supposed to salvage if my opponent makes nothing but riflemen with bars and bazookas or flamethrowers? The dead or scorched bodies of my meatshield volksgrenadiers?
6 Nov 2015, 21:26 PM

The stuff just got nerfed too much infantry wise. Buff up the infantry
6 Nov 2015, 21:42 PM

You won't. It can't stop rifle hordes, let alone with flamers.

Apart from that, what am I supposed to salvage if my opponent makes nothing but riflemen with bars and bazookas or flamethrowers? The dead or scorched bodies of my meatshield volksgrenadiers?

That's not a problem with okw, the problem lies in USF being way too strong right now, instead of buffing okw they should nerf usf to balance everything
6 Nov 2015, 21:46 PM

Permanently Banned

That's not a problem with okw, the problem lies in USF being way too strong right now, instead of buffing okw they should nerf usf to balance everything

I know, that is why I made the argument that salvaging won't do anything for you. But then again Dullahan never made any sense in any of the posts he made.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★