Login

russian armor

Wehrmacht- A no show

5 Nov 2015, 15:37 PM
Patrion 14

You mean.... like commandos, thompson paras, shock trops etc...(Such tactics. Many micro)? No, we don't need those.
Yes, that was absolutely, 100%, precisely, unironically, what I meant. "I guess you want to have infantry that takes zero thinking to use, like the other factions have". That the point of that sentence. You interpreteded it in a correct manner. Points for reading comprehension, I guess?

If you are unhappy with Panzergrenadiers that's okay, but they are good. They are not commandos, but then, they are cheaper and non-doctrinal.

Shock troops, rangers etc. are a bludgeon. Swing and hope you hit something. Panzergrenadiers are a scimitar. They need to be wielded with finesse. It's not micro tax, it's using cover, which you should be doing. They are defensive infantry, they bleed if used as assault troops without support. Yes, they require more thought and tactics to use properly than Shocktroops do. Yes, this means Allied players have more infantry versatility at their disposal. Yes, I understand you think that is unfair towards Ostheer.

Did you seriously ever have a situation "damn I could really use right now some sort of shocktrooper equivalent to just wreck that .50cal wall the US player used to lock down half the map." :D
5 Nov 2015, 15:43 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

5 Nov 2015, 15:50 PM

5 Nov 2015, 17:51 PM

Yes, that was absolutely, 100%, precisely, unironically, what I meant. "I guess you want to have infantry that takes zero thinking to use, like the other factions have". That the point of that sentence. You interpreteded it in a correct manner. Points for reading comprehension, I guess?

If you are unhappy with Panzergrenadiers that's okay, but they are good. They are not commandos, but then, they are cheaper and non-doctrinal.

Shock troops, rangers etc. are a bludgeon. Swing and hope you hit something. Panzergrenadiers are a scimitar. They need to be wielded with finesse. It's not micro tax, it's using cover, which you should be doing. They are defensive infantry, they bleed if used as assault troops without support. Yes, they require more thought and tactics to use properly than Shocktroops do. Yes, this means Allied players have more infantry versatility at their disposal. Yes, I understand you think that is unfair towards Ostheer.

Did you seriously ever have a situation "damn I could really use right now some sort of shocktrooper equivalent to just wreck that .50cal wall the US player used to lock down half the map." :D

The only problem here, dude, is that you accuse people who are thinking that Pzgrens are not what they should be, by saying that they want some terminator squads that require almost zero micro and that can run across the map killing ever infantry they meet. What I pointed out is that Allied already have such infantry units so your accusation is more than awkward and inappropriate.
5 Nov 2015, 18:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2015, 15:50 PMBurts
This thread :snfPeter:

But my dad can beat up your dad!
5 Nov 2015, 18:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2015, 15:33 PMShanka

You just verified my sentence, if someone counter fact you, you can't reply and having a discussion about the fact that Pgren are better than commandos and can take on shocks aswell :snfPeter:

Aha. I think whatever actual arguments there are have been exchanged long ago, but if you think that Pgrens have anywhere near the same degree of utility/impact as Commandos than that straight out baffles me. Also, my offer still stands, we can meet behind the schoolyard (ingame) and fistfight like two civilised 14 year olds and shake hands afterwards, or we can talk on the forums. ;)
5 Nov 2015, 19:08 PM

For crying out loud dude, this is getting more absurd by the minute. Look up my playercard, I have a whole lot of experience using PGrens and facing them. PGrens, monsters, lol? Tell me, why do we see so very few Pgrens in high level play?

They do beat commandos when they (commandos) just charge, I believe someone posted a video about that, but commandos beat them when they ambush out of cloak. They also are a million times better at actual firefights. Can't say that Pgrens are strictly better than commandos, but they are certainly awesome and cost-effective, especially vs USF and Sov.
5 Nov 2015, 19:43 PM

Assymetrical balance.

Due this also OKw does not have equivalent to mg42
Due to this USA does not have equivalent to british , russian and OSTHEER sniper.
Due this USA does not have normal mines while all factions have them
Due this british does not get good mid game vehicle
Due this russian team weapons are wrose then ostheer ones

I can cotinue for 2 days and this wont be complete.

Simply deal with it , adapt , veto close quarter maps , use combined arms and superior tank or outspam enemy with lmg grens and SCAS cheese.

Or go dueble sniper and you will find much better bleeding equivalent.
5 Nov 2015, 19:44 PM

Off topic: Longer I´m on these forums , more i want to be sarcastic. (due LOLthreads)
5 Nov 2015, 19:46 PM

Also update, we played one game, Rollo won, very barely, with Osttruppen, but did not want to play another game now. Still, Kudos to him for showing up.
5 Nov 2015, 19:50 PM

Guys, if you don't mind, could you upload and link replay afterwards, please?

he was supposed to be using commandos but w/e went rifle company instead, fun game anyways

http://www.coh2.org/replay/44295/pgrens-up
5 Nov 2015, 20:10 PM

I was supposed to be using commandos? Didnt I tell you in this very thread I dont even have Brits? ;)
5 Nov 2015, 20:13 PM
Patrion 14

Why people forget all the time about Panzergrenadiere? They really aren't that bad, with vet they are pretty damn good imo.

Not saying they can take on with a Shock squad, but you can surely give them a try.
Hat
5 Nov 2015, 20:56 PM

The only problem here, dude, is that you accuse people who are thinking that Pzgrens are not what they should be, by saying that they want some terminator squads that require almost zero micro and that can run across the map killing ever infantry they meet. What I pointed out is that Allied already have such infantry units so your accusation is more than awkward and inappropriate.

You have tanks for that.
5 Nov 2015, 21:09 PM

I was supposed to be using commandos? Didnt I tell you in this very thread I dont even have Brits? ;)

Doesn't matter, flamer rifles seem to be the apex of wehraboo butthurt atm

5 Nov 2015, 21:25 PM

Ostheer: average utilitarian units, infantry can be upgraded and teaching linear. Cheapest army to maintain and equip, but by contrast has slowest teching. Solves problems by building hard counters, or having a lot of soft counters.

Soviets: fast, specialized units that don't scale well, but are easily replaceable. To offset resources required to replace units in lategame, has the best wipe capabilities of an army. Crappy teching prohibits strategic flexibility. Solves problems by hardcounters and zerging cheap stuff.

USF: fast utilitarian units that deal great damage but are frail. Every component of army is self sufficient and the faction has early game potential to snowball because it has the best infantry. However, this has a hefty price in MP, and the units fragility mean they are always on thin ice. USF units scale exponentially when used in numbers due to utility, but can also be upgraded.

OKW: generally slow, powerful, and specialized units that are good at everything but costly. Faction can not use combined arms due to strange teching and resource scarcity; however, all units scale (hypothetically) very well due to vet 5, and teching up confers unique on-map bonuses. Solves problems by slowly grinding enemy down with better units, and preservation.

UKF: Allied version of Ostheer, only with cheaper teching and better, cheaper units. To offset this proper combined arms is not possible.
6 Nov 2015, 05:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2015, 20:56 PMHat

You have tanks for that.

Of course. I have units that require fuel for building, fuel for teching, besides alot of mp and amo upgrade.
Are you pussyking reloaded?
6 Nov 2015, 08:07 AM

Aha. I think whatever actual arguments there are have been exchanged long ago, but if you think that Pgrens have anywhere near the same degree of utility/impact as Commandos than that straight out baffles me. Also, my offer still stands, we can meet behind the schoolyard (ingame) and fistfight like two civilised 14 year olds and shake hands afterwards, or we can talk on the forums. ;)

Don't my mind my salt yesterday, i was a bit off :snfPeter:

But you see how Pgrens perfomed, i still think they are a great counter to commandos, and to shock, i would love to see them getting a received accuracy buff to make them a viable choice in high skilled palyers battle :D
6 Nov 2015, 08:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2015, 21:09 PMRollo

Doesn't matter, flamer rifles seem to be the apex of wehraboo butthurt atm

/thread, rollo did 150kills with 5 pgren

conclusion: wehrmacht- a show
6 Nov 2015, 09:08 AM

Also update, we played one game, Rollo won, very barely, with Osttruppen, but did not want to play another game now. Still, Kudos to him for showing up.

from what i been reading here, im actually surprised you showed up to that game. XD
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★