Login

russian armor

2v2 is done

5 Nov 2015, 08:43 AM
Donator 22

I mostly play 2vs2 randoms. allies and axis. There are many factors like maps, skill level opponent & mate, teamplay etc. ahhh and of course bugsplats -_-
but when I play OKW/OH i've by far more problems against USF.
5 Nov 2015, 08:46 AM

There is no cost-effective counter to allied infantry blobs,no amount of romanticism will change this fact.

Yes there is. Just important is to use it well. Sadly as axis you will sweat more than allies.

Vs USA it's good to make a flak HT cover by AT guns(but you must make them really fast after flak) and use it defensivly. Green cover all the time, use sturmpio when enemy is focusing your other units, kubel in early game helps a lot and most of all remember not to split your forces too much

But definitely it all depends on who's USA teammate.

And do not blob! :D
5 Nov 2015, 08:47 AM

Play better how?How do u make volks stop rifle terminators?Why don't you show them how to win with OKW vs usf regularly.

Well first off, stop relying on volks.

I'm working on some OKW builds, actually. I'm fairly successful in the 100-200 bracket, breaking my way into the top 100 atm. I feel like the games I lose I lost because my opponent had better tactics, or I made a mistake, rather than anything inherent with OKW.

But regardless, things like vehicle support, mines and flanking can always be done better. Good positioning matters more than anything else at higher levels of play.
5 Nov 2015, 08:51 AM

Well what you need to do is just leaving the Axis, let's play Company of Allies.:foreveralone:
5 Nov 2015, 09:24 AM

2v2 Randumb is dead, and AT need Military-Level communication and co-ordination if you want to win as Axis (and by axis I mean double Ostheer).

Both the snowballing and the synergy Allied factions have is amazing. Maps are also problematic. OKW needs big changes, and Ostheer needs early game buffs and slight T4 price buff.
5 Nov 2015, 09:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2015, 09:24 AMRMMLz
2v2 Randumb is dead, and AT need Military-Level communication and co-ordination if you want to win as Axis (and by axis I mean double Ostheer).

Both the snowballing and the synergy Allied factions have is amazing. Maps are also problematic. OKW needs big changes, and Ostheer needs early game buffs and slight T4 price buff.

Ostheer doesn't need buffs, they're fine in every way right now imo (atleast in 2v2), the problem lies in usf and ukf overpreforming
5 Nov 2015, 09:42 AM

Ostheer doesn't need buffs, they're fine in every way right now imo (atleast in 2v2), the problem lies in usf and ukf overpreforming

Well that would also solve the problem, but I thought buffing one faction would be easier than nerfing 2 (because LeLic). Although their T4 still needs a slight price buff.
5 Nov 2015, 09:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2015, 09:42 AMRMMLz

Well that would also solve the problem, but I thought buffing one faction would be easier than nerfing 2 (because LeLic). Although their T4 still needs a slight price buff.

Nerfing is always better than buffing, since if instead of nerfing something that is way too strong, you buff something else to counter it, the buffed units becomes a balance issue for other factions/units, right now since okw is underpreforming and ukf/usf over preforming nerfing is the right choice, Osth and soviets are both fine, but something needs to be done about usf and okw

Edit: The reason for nerfing instead of buffing is to prevent powerstacking (Don't know if it was called that but you get the point I guess) which is a big problem in some RTS/MOBA games
5 Nov 2015, 09:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2015, 09:24 AMRMMLz

Are you aware of your -4 streak as Usf in 2s? This is probably what happend - you played axis and lost every game and then raged over to allies and lost even more. In-between that you spilled your rage in this forum.:clap:
5 Nov 2015, 10:03 AM

Permanently Banned
I tried 2v2 last night, had a good laugh though.
5 Nov 2015, 10:06 AM

Permanently Banned
What do you think guys? Will we see less than 50 % winning rate for OKW too this week? Place your bets!

Whenever I face USF as OKW, it feels like I have been strapped down into a mental hospital wheelchair, with legs that can't reach the floor to move myself forward and a nurse is trying to move the wheelchair backwards whilst I have to race a formula one car for a best of three laps.

It feels handicapped from the start.
5 Nov 2015, 11:34 AM

Play better how?How do u make volks stop rifle terminators?Why don't you show them how to win with OKW vs usf regularly.

Why should volks be the only counter part of the rifle blob? thats limiting yourself. go watch streamers if you want good advice.
5 Nov 2015, 12:55 PM

Are you aware of your -4 streak as Usf in 2s? This is probably what happend - you played axis and lost every game and then raged over to allies and lost even more. In-between that you spilled your rage in this forum.:clap:

I haven't played the "game" for almost 2 weeks dude. My ranks will soon go "on Hold". But it's still irrelevant, my skill, rank or streak has nothing to do with the game balance or my argument.

Educate yourself please.
5 Nov 2015, 13:14 PM

Why should volks be the only counter part of the rifle blob? thats limiting yourself. go watch streamers if you want good advice.

Don't twist words,u can't deny that volks are ur main core infantry so u have to build some because sturmpio alone can't do anything due to short range and cost,kubel 5 min unit,mg34 doctrinal and shit anyway.
5 Nov 2015, 13:52 PM

@ Austerlitz
@gman1211

Victory can be achieved with axis on 2v2 but on randoms is verry difficult. If you have a partner and you play AT, it should be more easy.

So, in short, if we want to have a good chance to win, me and my partner go dual OKW or OKW + Lostheer.

It better works on smaller or tighter maps, but this is what we do in general:
- for dual OKW we both play with med truck on the field and mg doctrines.
- for OKW + Lostheer we do the same, with the difference that Ostheer player relies only on mgs, mortars and engineers, and zero grenadiers. This is the way ostheer plays while building as many fuel caches as possible and placing as many AT mines as possible. Then directly T4. Yes, T4, while chosing a pak43 doctrine (preferably festung armor - is the best for this job). The lack of AT for light vehicles and tanks such as stuart, T70, Su76, halftrucks is fulfilled by raketen and shrecked volks + one Jagdpanzer in early game. in middle game pak43 makes a nice addition to the arsenal, then the T4 units come and it's kinda over.

The infernal shooting done by 4-5 mg42s and mortars that support OKW units is somthing we didn't see defeated untill now.

Is ostheer supposed to rely on team weapons? Good. We just spam them so that OKW units can resist and break their way through. It's not nice, it feels rough and stupid, but it works.

So if you want just try this, like I said, with your partner, on smaller maps. Hope that helped, that is the purpose I wrote this.
5 Nov 2015, 14:32 PM

Could the high win rates for Allied is due to NEW British army and New Pershing? I see more people searching as Allies now than Axis.
5 Nov 2015, 14:35 PM

Could the high win rates for Allied is due to NEW British army and New Pershing? I see more people searching as Allies now than Axis.

Why would that be? Number of games has no correlation to win ratio.
5 Nov 2015, 14:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2015, 08:35 AMStark
Honestly playing axis right now gives my more pleasure than if was before patch. Centaur doesn't wipe all my infantry anymore, croc doesn't wipe whole pak wall in 1 sec, pak howi doesn't kill all my infantry before even face the enemy.

I don't mean everything is fine, there is still a plenty things to balance ( like for example: 280MP for British AT gun which has features like axis one and cost 40MP less ).

Guys but most of all there is counter to everything, the key is to find it and use it correctly.

40 mp more but target weak point? deal made!
5 Nov 2015, 16:05 PM

@ Austerlitz
@gman1211

Victory can be achieved with axis on 2v2 but on randoms is verry difficult. If you have a partner and you play AT, it should be more easy.

So, in short, if we want to have a good chance to win, me and my partner go dual OKW or OKW + Lostheer.

It better works on smaller or tighter maps, but this is what we do in general:
- for dual OKW we both play with med truck on the field and mg doctrines.
- for OKW + Lostheer we do the same, with the difference that Ostheer player relies only on mgs, mortars and engineers, and zero grenadiers. This is the way ostheer plays while building as many fuel caches as possible and placing as many AT mines as possible. Then directly T4. Yes, T4, while chosing a pak43 doctrine (preferably festung armor - is the best for this job). The lack of AT for light vehicles and tanks such as stuart, T70, Su76, halftrucks is fulfilled by raketen and shrecked volks + one Jagdpanzer in early game. in middle game pak43 makes a nice addition to the arsenal, then the T4 units come and it's kinda over.

The infernal shooting done by 4-5 mg42s and mortars that support OKW units is somthing we didn't see defeated untill now.

Is ostheer supposed to rely on team weapons? Good. We just spam them so that OKW units can resist and break their way through. It's not nice, it feels rough and stupid, but it works.

So if you want just try this, like I said, with your partner, on smaller maps. Hope that helped, that is the purpose I wrote this.

I'll log back on and give this a shot, seems like a pretty radical strategy.
5 Nov 2015, 20:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Why would that be? Number of games has no correlation to win ratio.

Up to some point. In the worlds of CoH2 matchmaking, it means that there's a higher chance that MMR is skewed towards the faction with more players upon arming a match.

Note:
-Difference should be around 5 points, at most 10. What we have now is crap
-AT makes a lot of difference and i'll love seeing stats for it.

PD: i'm doing fine with the so called "Lostheer" with sniper play and skillplanes. Early on i'll rather have a teller than a LMG.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★