Login

russian armor

Volksgrenadiers / Flame grenades / shreck spam

5 Nov 2015, 08:33 AM

How do you manage to get 2 shrecks per squad on 5 Volks?

Picking up a shreck from another dead volks.

It is quite nasty since you now have a 5 man, dual shreck anti tank 5 star machine. Keeping 1 near lolkatenwerfer is an awesome way to punish Allied tanks if they are silly :p

I laugh when an Allied Panzergrenadier dual shreck dies with both shreck on the ground, because I get pick up shreck, then research combat package for maximum shreck :D - Oh the wonders of 4v4 :p
5 Nov 2015, 16:45 PM

How do you manage to get 2 shrecks per squad on 5 Volks?

I thought there were 2shrecks per squad because I see it often. Maybe just like mortiferum said.
But anyway also against 5 Shrecks u cant make any move with a tank.

And its not about "learn how to play" or "silly moves" when its quite easy to send 5 Volks make a hit and then retreat with some lost but still recrew on Truck and come back. Thats way easier than to react with allies on it. And thats why I call those shreck spammers noobs...

With every move the shreck spam does the allies have more casualties than the shreck player and so get weaker and weaker. And if then the german tanks join its over and you almost have no chance to get back in the game with allies.

How u want to defend against the german tanks then ? The Infantery you use to fight the shrecks cant do anything. Your tanks will be killed by shrecks and enemy tanks faster than you can see.
And katyushas will be, once spotted attacking by the enemy, rushed and killed by their tanks.

You need a lot of luck to get back in the game then and if the axis player is not a total noob then you have almost no chance...

If shrecks would not be OP, axis players would not spam them !! Especially the noob players...

Everyone who contradict that is ignorant or an Axis player who wants to defend himself...
5 Nov 2015, 22:35 PM

Had some *nice* battles today again... I made some screenshots to show you what I mean:

I mean... WTF... We managed to survive long but lost so much Units while they grow and grow their spam... We lost with enemy points at 1 !!!!!!

We are all experienced players, I have more than 2000 hours played coh2... And after last update we loose to newbies with their shrecks ??? This is not normal...

After last update this game had become a total joke...

AND YES THEY HAVE 2 SHRECKS:
5 Nov 2015, 22:43 PM

Tip:

Don't play 4v4

What else do you expect?
5 Nov 2015, 22:47 PM

I expect a well balanced game in which I have a real chance in 4x4. I dont want to win every game but this is just *pudding*
5 Nov 2015, 22:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

That moment when 4v4 yolo random is more balanced than 1v1 :P
5 Nov 2015, 23:03 PM
Donator 11

AND YES THEY HAVE 2 SHRECKS:

Those are panzergrenadiers.

Are you sure that you're not fighting an axis team turbo charged by luftwaffe supply?

5 Nov 2015, 23:10 PM

Really, just go Advanced Warfare Tactics and get a PPsH Conscript/Shock Trooper blob backed by a couple of Maxims and some SU-76s. Or even go Terror or Anti-Infantry Tactics. It's really not that hard to beat this. Just adapt.
5 Nov 2015, 23:19 PM
Patrion 15

Steppes is particularly bad for volk blobs. Stick with t1-t2, get some shocks, don't spend fuel on vehicles and pic a doc with a nice call in. That's just the nature of 4v4's though
6 Nov 2015, 00:01 AM

4vs4 swagger blobs. Honest question here, why don't you get 2 Katties or something that punishes blobs?
6 Nov 2015, 00:53 AM

Not if there are 5 Volks squads with 10 shrecks... Then your vehicle disappears magically in under a second bro !

Bait them with infantry then. I really think you should give demo charges a try, they are marvelous against blobbers.
These kind of players usually don't have a ST pio with a minesweeper near the blob.

Another useful thing to do is to put a flare on top of or near a demo charge, so when the flare reveals the blob you can properly blow the whole thing without risking a veihcle or infantry.
6 Nov 2015, 01:01 AM

these guys have next to none AI, stick a couple vet 3 ppsh conscripts up their face and watch them school these guys, prepare a katyusha to barrage their truck once they all retreat.
6 Nov 2015, 03:15 AM

Ahhh now I remember why I don't play 4v4.

Back on topic, I hate to just say "L2P" but this does reek of L2P. If you're at the point where an OKW player has 5+ high vet Volks with Shreks then that means that something happened earlier in the match that resulted in the OKW player getting enough of an advantage to get to that point. Late game SS just proves you got crushed - now how or why.

Furthermore if an OKW player is going heavy on shreks then you definitely need to screen your tanks with infantry or else of course they are going to get shreked down.
6 Nov 2015, 04:32 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Right now the counter is allied infantry, volks get rekt by anything with a weapon unless you are getting into some seriously lopsided engagements and expecting to win.
6 Nov 2015, 08:20 AM

4vs4 swagger blobs. Honest question here, why don't you get 2 Katties or something that punishes blobs?

^This.
6 Nov 2015, 11:01 AM

I tried ! But even with 3 abilities set my katyushas hit spam and they retreat immediately. So maybe 2 or 4 kills. Not much in a blobb of 25.

Instead of the german rocket vehicle katyusha fires its rockets in 4 parts, thats just stupid cause they will retreat after the first hit and the first will kill nothing only if u have a bit luck you hit 1 or 2.

The Trucks are most time to far away to hit them with katyushas unless u dotn want to loose them.

And I cannot hear that L2P shit anymore. OK ok you are Internet heroes and everyone else sucks...
Most times I hear it from Axis players who use OP Units and win easily...
6 Nov 2015, 11:41 AM

You seem to be confusing volksgrenadiers (1 shrek) with panzergrenadiers (2 shreks). That reeks L2P. Anyway, people said here a lot of good advices, from demo charges to rockets. My personal addition would be propaganda artillery, a underused ability with nice impact. Apso, PPSG cons in conscript support tactics can do wonders with the flame barrage. Maybe try a little more, these are good times for those like better the Allies.
6 Nov 2015, 16:16 PM

I am just an Allies player... Never tried Axis and dont want to... So I dont know every Unit.
And this L2P shit is just offending and not useful in this thread.
I will try the advices I got here...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight