Login

russian armor

Volksgrenadiers / Flame grenades / shreck spam

4 Nov 2015, 06:34 AM

Hello !

Normally I do not complain about loosing. A good balanced game causes this from time to time.
But I get angry last time about how Volksgrenadiers evolved. I saw several guys spamming Volksgrenadiers with 5 Stars and shrecks. I think thats not fair anymore when my IS-2 went down in a second without causing any damage. No chance to do any move with tanks with that much shrecks on the map. And even with Infantery its hard to do anything. MGs are easily knocked out with flame grenades (better after it was nerfed). So Allies have nothing to conter it. Vehicles fail totally against that number of shrecks, and Infantery is difficult too. The only chance is to pin them down with MGs and attack the spam with Katyushas but then they conter with Panthers. If they have that number of shrecks and some Panthers supporting there is almost no chance to get back in the game for Allies. I just think it is not normal if a player just spams one kind of Unit and is winning easily with it. In my opinion shrecks should be limited by player, Volks should be killed with tanks easier or the damage of the shrecks against tanks should be lower. Otherwise there is no chance to comeback into game for Allies and its just ruining the competition and the game totally...

Pls developers do something against this !

4 Nov 2015, 06:54 AM

im really sorry to say but that is more of an "learn to play" issue. volks is the weakest of the weakest at the moment and allied infantry just walks over them.
4 Nov 2015, 06:58 AM

I'm honestly baffled that people can't defeat Volks blobs. Just spam Shock Troopers/MGs/Conscripts/Riflemen/artillery units and you win.
4 Nov 2015, 08:12 AM

Hello !

Normally I do not complain about loosing. A good balanced game causes this from time to time.
But I get angry last time about how Volksgrenadiers evolved. I saw several guys spamming Volksgrenadiers with 5 Stars and shrecks. I think thats not fair anymore when my IS-2 went down in a second without causing any damage. No chance to do any move with tanks with that much shrecks on the map. And even with Infantery its hard to do anything. MGs are easily knocked out with flame grenades (better after it was nerfed). So Allies have nothing to conter it. Vehicles fail totally against that number of shrecks, and Infantery is difficult too. The only chance is to pin them down with MGs and attack the spam with Katyushas but then they conter with Panthers. If they have that number of shrecks and some Panthers supporting there is almost no chance to get back in the game for Allies. I just think it is not normal if a player just spams one kind of Unit and is winning easily with it. In my opinion shrecks should be limited by player, Volks should be killed with tanks easier or the damage of the shrecks against tanks should be lower. Otherwise there is no chance to comeback into game for Allies and its just ruining the competition and the game totally...

Pls developers do something against this !

I feel your pain .... :(
Maybe at the start volks arent thet good but as soon as some armore comes and they spam shreks they get this fast vet ...vet 5 volks are unfear i know with shreks even more and with this granades even more .
I play usf mostly and i find it impusbel to win late game ...

Only thing you can do is rush okw from the start dominate the map and pray god so he will surennder , try to bleed his man power by none stop fights

4 Nov 2015, 08:16 AM

They don't have any real AI but the schrek is painfull indeed. I'd suggest to read all infantry squads + stats wise so that you can see that volksgrenadiers are the weakest infantry squads. Even on vet 5. The point is that he blobbed 4-6 volks with schreks, which indeed is a pain in the ass to deal with. But, rush in some good old fashion shock troops will slaughter them quickly.
4 Nov 2015, 08:25 AM

They don't have any real AI but the schrek is painfull indeed. I'd suggest to read all infantry squads + stats wise so that you can see that volksgrenadiers are the weakest infantry squads. Even on vet 5. The point is that he blobbed 4-6 volks with schreks, which indeed is a pain in the ass to deal with. But, rush in some good old fashion shock troops will slaughter them quickly.

so u say thet a spam of 6 volks wont kill 1 sock ?
4 Nov 2015, 08:34 AM

I talked in plural, so multiple shocks.
4 Nov 2015, 08:45 AM

that blob counter hard by Katy..1st katy make him retreat 2nd katy aim at their base..u good to go
4 Nov 2015, 08:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2015, 08:25 AMbicho1

so u say thet a spam of 6 volks wont kill 1 sock ?

But 2 shocks would kill 6 shreck volks if used properly. Believe me.
4 Nov 2015, 09:00 AM

But 2 shocks would kill 6 shreck volks if used properly. Believe me.

If used properly 6 volks will stand near the torent/ mg
At high ranks okw is weak you are right but for players above no/300
Its really hard to play vs okw
4 Nov 2015, 09:16 AM

relic plz i cant A-move Rofl stomp axis plz nerf this unit : the thread and like many other thread that allied fanboys are starting to counter axis buff thread so to keep axis shit like this.

also lol at people above acting all innocent like relic help axis so strong shreck kill my army vet 5 not fair plz nerf them....in reality they are just dominating axis so much that it ain't even funny
4 Nov 2015, 09:22 AM

You know what deals well vs situation like the one on screenshots?

PPSH conscript spam.
Alternatively, in team games, ask your brit team mate for the Vickers.
4 Nov 2015, 09:22 AM

I haven't played 4v4 for almost a year I think, but as far as I remember, there is always one Soviet player who rushes, and then spams Katys (like 3-4 katys). If you play 4v4 Randumb, then there is no counter just GG and quit. But if you have an AT, 2 katys will win you the game. Fire one at the blob and the other one at Med Truck. He stays, he dies. He retreats, he dies.

But after all... 4v4...
4 Nov 2015, 12:08 PM

At the moment the only counter I know is MG with Katyusha.
If you know where his truck is with a bit luck you can attack it but often you cant reach it.
Late game there will also be Panthers that will rush you and kill Katyushas.
Last game we had 3 players spamming shrecks and Panthers... In the beginning we dominate them but in the Endgame there were about 15 shreck Squads on the map that are 30 shrecks (They have 2 I think) so u cant do any move with vehicles.
Its not about to kill their shreck spam only... they will come with Tanks also.
And now try to kill them with Inf only while they have Panthers. NO CHANCE...
I would prefer to limit the shrecks per squad so they have only one and also the squads per player so they can build 3 or whatever but not 6 for every enemy player.
And you cant tell me they are not OP so why so many would spam them ????

im really sorry to say but that is more of an "learn to play" issue. volks is the weakest of the weakest at the moment and allied infantry just walks over them.

Then I am think its sad that the weakest of the weakest Units in a spam can kill an IS2 in a second. There might be something wrong in so many ways then...

And no! Its not about "learn to play"... Its more about "learn to balance a game"
4 Nov 2015, 12:18 PM

They spam Volk squads because all the other OKW infantry are mediocre for the cost(at Vet 0) and in team games, due to the arty spam, OKW wants to use its only strength, manpower, so it builds its cheapest infantry in droves. Building 2-3 Obers and having some Kattys one shot them is insanely annoying and costly, losing 1-2 of 6 Volk squads isn't as painful.

Panthers don't have good AI, so one of you spam Maxims into Shocks/PPsh Cons into Kattys and the other spam Maxims into Zis guns into T34/85s or ISU or IS-2 (just keep them behind the maxims).
4 Nov 2015, 12:32 PM

>Play 4vs4 as allies because why the fuck not
>haven't had my 10 ranked games yet
>Mate is USF, max prestige
>starts with RE spam...sure bro why not
>goes Lieutenant, gets a .50 cal out asap
>2nd .50 cal
>"hey b-bro, what about some rifles?" - "No I build caches"
>rushes his Lieutenant into enemy lines, gets him wiped
>researches Captain
>"hey bro you need Rifles as USF!" - "No, Riflemen are weak, lose to Sturmpios"
>gets 2 57mm AT guns, a third .50 cal, builds another Lieutenant, goes Infantry company and a MHT out
>blobs all his team weapons together
>"hey B-bro please spread your units a bit" - no answer
>enemy rushes 222, destroys his MHT, 1 Mortar and one Gren take out his complete team weapons, 2nd Lieutenant gets wiped by walking into a HMG42
>"Damn dude, what are you doing?" "STFU fuc.king noob, this is how you play USF"
>drops 10 secs later

such is life as a 4vs4 swagger
4 Nov 2015, 13:36 PM

A well placed demo charge usually wins the game against these A move volks spammers, it`s really easy to bait them with a veihcle.
5 Nov 2015, 07:43 AM

A well placed demo charge usually wins the game against these A move volks spammers, it`s really easy to bait them with a veihcle.

Not if there are 5 Volks squads with 10 shrecks... Then your vehicle disappears magically in under a second bro !
5 Nov 2015, 08:01 AM
Patrion 310

Not if there are 5 Volks squads with 10 shrecks... Then your vehicle disappears magically in under a second bro !

How do you manage to get 2 shrecks per squad on 5 Volks?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★