Login

russian armor

Yay. Axis team game is hopeless now.

PAGES (9)down
3 Nov 2015, 16:18 PM

Okay Axis stop crying. Relic did a phenomenal job in their "attempt" to balance large team games. The addition of Brits helped bridge the gap between USF and Soviets mid game's. We all know how Axis army had a field day in large game modes before the Brit release.

Ummm allies have been OP in team games for a while now - not sure what you're talking about; not to mention 'axis had a field day before the brits' is a terrible terrible reason for not balancing something. Its also a reason why fanbois should stay away from balance discussion.

Allies have had the advantage in team games for quite a while now, its only been exacerbated with the release of the UKF.

Axis are too little, too late. You cannot stop the pressure of allied infantry, coupled with light vehicles, with smaller squad sizes and a pak. Axis are simply getting overwhelmed.

I can't help to see flashbacks of coh1. Allies completely dominating every facet of the game. Snipers becoming more and more potent. Allied fanbois still under the impression germans are op. Its 2009 all over again.
3 Nov 2015, 16:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2015, 16:15 PMGrumpy

Awesome comeback. Good job of keeping it civil.

:lolol:

The only game mode where there is a huge difference in win rates is 2v2. In that mode, the to 200 axis players have less than half of the games played compared to the top 200 allied players (all factions combined). This skews the win rate for the same reason that 3v3+ can get skewed. If synergy was the cause, why don't the 3v3 and 4v4 win rates show the same pattern?

Many of the axis players on this thread were really good at using the platitudes before (l2p, l2adapt, allied units just look cooler, shouldn't play with randoms, people want to be the good guys, search rates don't mean anything, etc). Why aren't you using platitudes now?

I recalled I could an Ost Panther in like 10 mins in a 4v4. Then how can you NOT calling its a scrub mode / troll game?

The game is designed for 1v1, those Panthers / Churchill / Comet stuff are intended as LATE GAME UNIT, and they are EARLY GAME UNIT in 4v4. :foreveralone:
3 Nov 2015, 16:55 PM

The game is designed for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4. Saying you can't balance one because you have to balance the other is a bullshit lazy excuse.

Besides, they're not capable of balancing 1v1 apparently, so why not put your effort into the game modes people play the most? ignoring 75% of the game modes is pretty stupid.

This game will never be competitive or an esport, so why this tunnel-vision with 1v1?
3 Nov 2015, 17:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2015, 16:18 PMGdot

Ummm allies have been OP in team games for a while now - not sure what you're talking about; not to mention 'axis had a field day before the brits' is a terrible terrible reason for not balancing something. Its also a reason why fanbois should stay away from balance discussion.

Allies have had the advantage in team games for quite a while now, its only been exacerbated with the release of the UKF.

Axis are too little, too late. You cannot stop the pressure of allied infantry, coupled with light vehicles, with smaller squad sizes and a pak. Axis are simply getting overwhelmed.

I can't help to see flashbacks of coh1. Allies completely dominating every facet of the game. Snipers becoming more and more potent. Allied fanbois still under the impression germans are op. Its 2009 all over again.

+1 I play all factions equally and want to enjoy playing as any faction, and currently I do not enjoy playing axis because i'm getting stomped with them.
3 Nov 2015, 18:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2015, 16:18 PMGdot

Lol, yea Axis had a very tough job fighting USF paper armor, weak late game Riflemen and no late game. Don't call someone a fan before looking up his/her player card. I play all factions FYI.
3 Nov 2015, 18:25 PM

No one give/gave a fuck in 4v4 balance.

Like many things you post, this is incorrect. We've just become salty and have come to accept this poor state of balance (for large team games).

The game is designed for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4. Saying you can't balance one because you have to balance the other is a bullshit lazy excuse.

Besides, they're not capable of balancing 1v1 apparently, so why not put your effort into the game modes people play the most? ignoring 75% of the game modes is pretty stupid.

This game will never be competitive or an esport, so why this tunnel-vision with 1v1?

Aye, +1 to this.
3 Nov 2015, 18:38 PM

I care about 3v3 and 4v4 balance, as do, I assume, the half of the player base which plays it. It is not fun to not have 2 game modes available because they are so horribly lop sided that anyone can win just by selecting one faction.

The changes to the game modes have resulted in much better balance in 3v3 and 4v4, although it still has a little way to go. I understand 1v1 and 2v2 are out of whack right now, and I hope that Relic returns to balance them as well. However, disregarding larger team games because you don't play them or because you don't think they require "skill" is silly.

I understand 1v1 and 2v2 are where the most competitive games are, but I dare say that 3v3+ have some serious competitive games if you can find good teams paired up against each other.
3 Nov 2015, 18:44 PM

I care about 3v3 and 4v4 balance, as do, I assume, the half of the player base which plays it. It is not fun to not have 2 game modes available because they are so horribly lop sided that anyone can win just by selecting one faction.

The changes to the game modes have resulted in much better balance in 3v3 and 4v4, although it still has a little way to go. I understand 1v1 and 2v2 are out of whack right now, and I hope that Relic returns to balance them as well. However, disregarding larger team games because you don't play them or because you don't think they require "skill" is silly.

I understand 1v1 and 2v2 are where the most competitive games, are but I dare say that 3v3+ have some serious competitive games if you can find good teams paired up against each other.

Great post! I believe some tournaments had even 3 v3 + competitive games.
3 Nov 2015, 18:51 PM

Yes, but I think balancing 1s/2s helps to balance 3s/4s, to a degree. Essentially, especially on maps like city 17, the game is basically broken down to a 2v2 on each respective side, at least the first 20 minutes. Its much easier to balance a 1v1 game than a 4v4 game due to the sheer number of factors.

I think the 3s/4s 'not requiring skill' was thrown out after the league of heroes tournament, where 3v3AT/4v4AT teams dominated 4-man teams comprised of 1v1 all-stars.
3 Nov 2015, 19:35 PM

You can regard bigger teammatches as important part of the balance and include thousands of players which will keep the game alive, or you can have 100 players jerking off to who's the best among them (while the game/franchise will die).
3 Nov 2015, 19:44 PM

Allies have o.7 winratio to axis 0.475, which is CLOSE TO TWO GARDENING TIMES MORE (probably even more than two, considering how much those winratios should be affected by AT teams and bad MM, which both serve as heavy stabilization factors).

Yet, still some fanbois believe that allies are underpowered.

Remember those 6 mounths of obers killing squads in two bursts and kubel ACE able to win game before it begins? Balance of current days is same absurd stupidity turned upside-down.

And any of you who is arguing it or saying "b-b-but poor allies suffered for so long" fully deserved what was back then and what probably would come when relic unavoidable overbuffs axis to bring them back into the game.
3 Nov 2015, 21:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2015, 18:51 PMGdot

Yes, but I think balancing 1s/2s helps to balance 3s/4s, to a degree. Essentially, especially on maps like city 17, the game is basically broken down to a 2v2 on each respective side, at least the first 20 minutes. Its much easier to balance a 1v1 game than a 4v4 game due to the sheer number of factors.

Sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't.

The difference between larger and smaller game modes is more than the number of players the engage in combat. For instance, in larger games, like City 17, although it can become two 2v2 games, the way in which the resource points are in contention and the number of OP points a player can benefit from are wildly different from any 2v2 game.

@Jadame! when you are done beating up helpless straw men, the conversation continues below. Relic is trying to balance game modes so that all types of games are fun, hence why Brits were almost exclusively a team faction at release.
3 Nov 2015, 23:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2015, 00:37 AMRollo
Pretty fun watching you qq on the forums rather than learning to play

6 pounder is a direct clone of the pak fyi, kinda funny to see people get salty over it and call Axis AT crap in the same post.

don't agree with everything by OP but just bc 2 units are equal doesn't mean it isn't IMBA. UKF has superior infantry late game with dual bren possibility plus squad size upgrade. Wehr is supposed to make up for that with superior support weapon teams and ATG as well as slightly better armor. This is still true vs SU and USF but it isn't true vs UKF. So against the UKF, unless you go Ostruppen you are at a disadvantage in every way except for a slightly better sniper although Wehr sniper can't damage armor.
Hat
4 Nov 2015, 04:22 AM

Ostheer v Soviets in team games is still a good matchup.

Brits and OKW really throw the balance off.
4 Nov 2015, 06:17 AM
Donator 11

Ironically, 4v4 is the most balanced mode in the game right now. 2v2 is a neverending uphill battle as Axis. Allied early game snowballs into an equally dominating late game. There's no longer a point where Axis has the upper hand in 2v2.
http://coh2chart.com/
4 Nov 2015, 06:39 AM

don't agree with everything by OP but just bc 2 units are equal doesn't mean it isn't IMBA. UKF has superior infantry late game with dual bren possibility plus squad size upgrade. Wehr is supposed to make up for that with superior support weapon teams and ATG as well as slightly better armor. This is still true vs SU and USF but it isn't true vs UKF. So against the UKF, unless you go Ostruppen you are at a disadvantage in every way except for a slightly better sniper although Wehr sniper can't damage armor.

LOL generally speaking the brits has better version units at every way except pwerfer and sexton.Such as cheap 6 pounder AT,vickers, long range mortar pit,sniper can anti vehicles ,5 men basic infantry,dubble brens,medium tank cromwell,fast vet speed on tanks,cheap heavy tier tech cost,better offmap abilities,better elite infantry,etc.
4 Nov 2015, 17:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2015, 06:39 AMatouba

LOL generally speaking the brits has better version units at every way except pwerfer and sexton.Such as cheap 6 pounder AT,vickers, long range mortar pit,sniper can anti vehicles ,5 men basic infantry,dubble brens,medium tank cromwell,fast vet speed on tanks,cheap heavy tier tech cost,better offmap abilities,better elite infantry,etc.

Precisely why comparisons in a vacuum fail. Every unit must be looked at through lens of the general make up of the army it is a part of as well as what it's opponents can field.

For instance if I was the US, I would be happy to pay a higher price than UKF for one of their Churchill's Precisely because it fills my biggest weakness late game. But considering how strong the USF is in early infantry, light armor, etc it wouldn't be good balance to let them field such a unit for late game even if one existed historically (which it didn't).
4 Nov 2015, 23:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2015, 06:39 AMatouba

But everytime you point that out you will be lectured wehrmacht is 'support weapon faction'.Reality check -british have equall or better support weapons and equal or better armor,yet no one tells british to use support weapons .They can still play around tommies and commandoes.

But the minute you ask for better grens or pzgrens all the allied fanboys are up in arms saying learn to use support weapons-wehrmacht is not meant to have great infantry.Oh really wehr can't,but british can both have the cake and eat it ?No questions asked there,huh?
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS