Login

russian armor

Pershing & Rangers Speech Audio is Bland

1 Nov 2015, 12:15 PM

Hi,
I'm new in this forum, just wanted to post my opinion on the new US Heavy Calvary Commander. I find that the speech audio for the rangers and the pershing tank is bit too bland, they just don't have fun bravado audio like the old Company of heroes. If Relic is reading this forum I hope you guys will at least change their speech audio using the old Company of heroes files for this particular 2 units in the game. Thanks for the good work keep it up.
1 Nov 2015, 12:19 PM

agree, overall the audios arent as good as in vcoh..a big step back..:(
1 Nov 2015, 12:20 PM

relic was too lazy to give them actual new voice lines
1 Nov 2015, 12:23 PM
Patrion 14

TFW I can't copy and paste ranger and pershing lines from COH 1 into COH 2 :foreveralone:
1 Nov 2015, 12:24 PM

Rangers do have their own voice acting. The Pershing doesn't because Relic never planned to make it until people begged enough. It only uses generic tank lines.
1 Nov 2015, 12:29 PM

I don't blame them, I don't think they'd bring the voice actors back just to voice one or two units.
1 Nov 2015, 12:33 PM

Just reuse vCOH audio, seriously Relic this is lazy even by their standard.
1 Nov 2015, 12:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Nov 2015, 12:29 PMF1sh
I don't blame them, I don't think they'd bring the voice actors back just to voice one or two units.

hmm nice point still thx relic for a heavy tank for usf :)
1 Nov 2015, 12:46 PM

Voice actors are expensive I guess.. Although yeah, the speech is quite bland. And Pershing's engine sound is so lame. I think it has the same engine sound as a Jackson.
1 Nov 2015, 12:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Nov 2015, 12:46 PMKhan
Voice actors are expensive I guess..

Good thing they're selling it then.
1 Nov 2015, 13:12 PM

How is reusing vCoH audio not lazy too? The Rangers already have their own voice actor anyway, so really they should just record a few new voice lines for the Pershing with the same voice actor who voices all US armor.
1 Nov 2015, 14:06 PM

Rangers do have their own voice acting. The Pershing doesn't because Relic never planned to make it until people begged enough. It only uses generic tank lines.

I wonder if the ranger's voice were purposely recorded for the unit or did they used an old voice they had.

The actor's alright, the script is just a bit generic. Certainly not up to the vcoh (or even british) standard.
1 Nov 2015, 14:54 PM

COH2 speech is quite bad, but the Brits is exceptionally good.
1 Nov 2015, 17:21 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I wonder if the ranger's voice were purposely recorded for the unit or did they used an old voice they had.

The actor's alright, the script is just a bit generic. Certainly not up to the vcoh (or even british) standard.

They were in Ardennes Assault, so they got their lines from there.
1 Nov 2015, 17:31 PM

Relic should keep a list of missing/lacking audio, and once the list is long enough, they should re-invite the voice actors again to fill the gaps.

There is many unpolished voice-overs. Sturmpioneers have a different voice when placing barbed wire, Rangers obviously use a very generic voice-over that was probablly made in advance to fill in for whatever unit they'd add in the (then) future. Many doctrinal abilities have very generic annoucements like 'unit ready'... or none at all. The 'new' combined US weapon rack upgrade has no announcement when finished or issued. When Obersoldaten are finished, the announcer gives us a lame 'unit ready'; even the old 'Honor Guard Ready' line, though no longer befitting the name of the unit, was a lot better and sounded much more powerful.

^^Here, Relic, start a list and use it to fill the voice-over gaps one day when it is long enough to justify the effort :P

Sadly, I don't think such thing would happen, as many think that no money is to be gained from game-polish.
1 Nov 2015, 17:34 PM

Voice actors are expensive I guess.. Although yeah, the speech is quite bland. And Pershing's engine sound is so lame. I think it has the same engine sound as a Jackson.

I remember Relic Record M47 Patton engine sound (For use in King tiger :ph34r: )

http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2014/06/13/company-of-heroes-2-the-western-front-armies-tank-audio-recording
1 Nov 2015, 18:03 PM

Duffy would make a good pershing commander's voice
1 Nov 2015, 18:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Nov 2015, 17:31 PMFluffi
Relic should keep a list of missing/lacking audio, and once the list is long enough, they should re-invite the voice actors again to fill the gaps.

This.
1 Nov 2015, 18:17 PM

There's really no excuse for it. When tales of valor came out every single new unit had their own new voices like the M18 Hellcat or Getschuzwagen.

Just seems they didn't want to put much effort into it. As someone else pointed out, they could've reused the vcoh lines.
1 Nov 2015, 18:20 PM

They can't.

There's a lot more legal entanglement here than y'all understand. They'd have to pay all the old voice actors just the same as they had recorded new lines. It'd be better to record new lines for the same cost and have more responses to new units etc in coh2.

When Dawn of War 2 retribution came out, they had to re-record dialogue for every single unit. They weren't able to use any voices from the original release or the first expansion. I forget why they had to do it, I believe it had something to do with the game beng a standalone release that was utilizing steamworks rather than GFWL.

There's also the matter of budget. An expansion like Brits will get far more resources allocated to it than commander DLC.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★