Login

russian armor

CoH2 DLC Prices Revealed

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
24 Jun 2013, 15:47 PM

I never liked the idea of DLC Commanders.

I'd be all for a Commander expansion, which includes new commanders, units and stuff in a bundle, the reason being expansion packs tend to be better planned and thought out (exception: OF).

With DLCs,s you run the very high risk that your product is shenannigans, built on the get go, and nerfed so bad in the near future that your money is wasted.
24 Jun 2013, 16:04 PM

They're fucking over Aussies again. Commanders $4 and skins $3.75

That's because people there are stupid enough to pay whatever price they're being ripped off on - of course then they'll go whinge about it on theage or whatever - but if you're dumb enough to pay 110k for a 3 series - then you're dumb enough to pay $4 for this DLC cr@p.

Not that you're dumb - I'm referring to the general bogan Aussie mentality there who didn't realize just how much they were getting ripped off till they all got iphones...LOL

And seeing all this DLC now - with only a few hours till it goes official - I'm really glad I'm not getting this game anymore, I found over the last week, knowing the "free" COH2 time I had was going, I still didn't really want to play it, it just wasn't as much fun or rewarding for me.

So that said - best of luck to those who chose to get in on day 1 - hopefully it gets a lot better!
24 Jun 2013, 16:16 PM

24 Jun 2013, 16:23 PM

This skin pricing is just lol, I could undrestand selling skins in pack for that price, but you have to buy separatly skin for your light, medium and heavy vehicle... And we were affraid of EA could buy Relic ;)
24 Jun 2013, 16:30 PM

That's because people there are stupid enough to pay whatever price they're being ripped off on - of course then they'll go whinge about it on theage or whatever - but if you're dumb enough to pay 110k for a 3 series - then you're dumb enough to pay $4 for this DLC cr@p.

Not that you're dumb - I'm referring to the general bogan Aussie mentality there who didn't realize just how much they were getting ripped off till they all got iphones...LOL

And seeing all this DLC now - with only a few hours till it goes official - I'm really glad I'm not getting this game anymore, I found over the last week, knowing the "free" COH2 time I had was going, I still didn't really want to play it, it just wasn't as much fun or rewarding for me.

So that said - best of luck to those who chose to get in on day 1 - hopefully it gets a lot better!

I'll have you know all of my mates are well informed in the price ripoff going on over here, but there is absolutely nothing we can do about it, due to the "core gamer" hobby being quite a rare one down here.

I hope you generalise australian people around those "dumb aussie bogans" mate.. You're crusin' for a brusin' if ya keep acting like a poof
24 Jun 2013, 16:30 PM

Those prices are perfectly fair imo. If anything I think skins should be a bit pricier. League of legends skins cost way more than that. I think its good that commanders are cheap since they're important to gameplay but I don't really care what skin pricing is.
24 Jun 2013, 16:34 PM

LoL is free to play and feels more complete then coh2. (Im talking early lol too)
24 Jun 2013, 16:35 PM

I'll have you know all of my mates are well informed in the price ripoff going on over here, but there is absolutely nothing we can do about it, due to the "core gamer" hobby being quite a rare one down here.

I hope you generalise australian people around those "dumb aussie bogans" mate.. You're crusin' for a brusin' if ya keep acting like a poof

LOL - well maybe I'm an expat?

LOL

I really feel bad for Aus mate.

Next time you're at a JB Hi-Fi - just look for the bogan and the iphone seeing what they're able to buy that for OS.....it's actually pretty funny when you start noticing it.
24 Jun 2013, 17:40 PM

I don't preorder any games because I don't pay for stuff that hasn't been developed yet - unless it's a indie kickstarter.

I don't buy dlc's unless there is a reasonable relation between time put, money it costs and its value to the game.

I don't play pay-to-win games.

I f*cking hate any kind of premium services.

I buy the games I play instead of downloading them somewhere.

I will wait some time to buy coh 2 - although I am anticipating it very much. If they seriously do this sh*t, too, I'm done with it.
24 Jun 2013, 17:49 PM

I don't preorder any games because I don't pay for stuff that hasn't been developed yet - unless it's a indie kickstarter.

I don't buy dlc's unless there is a reasonable relation between time put, money it costs and its value to the game.

I don't play pay-to-win games.

I f*cking hate any kind of premium services.

I buy the games I play instead of downloading them somewhere.

I will wait some time to buy coh 2 - although I am anticipating it very much. If they seriously do this sh*t, too, I'm done with it.

+1.

Seriously - they broke the game by essentially making the commanders useless so it didn't effect game play - just so they can get an extra $2.99??

Are you kidding me?

I'm really lost here - I gladly paid the $30 or whatever it was for the EXPANSIONS to COH1 - why isn't this model of income generation viable today? What changed?

I really don't understand that to be perfectly honest - the gamers out there all happily paid for OF, hell, even TOV - but they felt the DLC model was "where it's at"?

And in doing so - they nerfed one of the greatest things of COH - the individuality of the doctrines and the impact of it on gameplay.

No matter how many patches they release - I don't think they can fix that.
24 Jun 2013, 18:24 PM

+1.

Seriously - they broke the game by essentially making the commanders useless so it didn't effect game play - just so they can get an extra $2.99??

Are you kidding me?

I'm really lost here - I gladly paid the $30 or whatever it was for the EXPANSIONS to COH1 - why isn't this model of income generation viable today? What changed?

I really don't understand that to be perfectly honest - the gamers out there all happily paid for OF, hell, even TOV - but they felt the DLC model was "where it's at"?

And in doing so - they nerfed one of the greatest things of COH - the individuality of the doctrines and the impact of it on gameplay.

No matter how many patches they release - I don't think they can fix that.

DLC is more viable because it is cheaper to develop them, and widely available to just about anyone with the purchased game. Low income is not a problem. Also, expansion packs can be pirated, DLCs are less pirated simply for the fact that people say "fuck it, its only 2.99".

Take zynga for instance. Even when only like 3% of FarmVille players actually purchased in game assets, that still represented like $300k a day for 'em.

Right now, CoH2 is listed as one of Steam's top selling games, that alone tells you how much money they'll do off these DLC's.
24 Jun 2013, 18:44 PM

Permanently Banned
pay-to-win commanders... failfailfail.
ntd
24 Jun 2013, 19:23 PM
Admin Black Badge

DLC is a good revenue option because it allows them to extract more money out of the hardcore players. The way it stands now for developers is that no matter how much or little you use their products they still get the same amount of money and DLC allows people who are willing to pay more to spend more money.
24 Jun 2013, 19:26 PM

I like it, the commanders doesn't seem to be a requirement for top-level play (though I'll probably get some of them anyway, who doesn't like new shiny stuff?), and it provides an ongoing income to fund support, balancing, development (more free maps!!1!1!11), and possibly sponsored tournament prizes!
24 Jun 2013, 19:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2013, 14:54 PMPorygon
WTF? That expensive?

Microtransactions cannot exist when credit card companies are involved. They take a minimum out of every transaction, which means every time you buy a song for $.99 on iTunes the credit card companies probably take $.20-$.30 out for themselves. This is why Apple will not process your transactions on the same day. You may notice that you'll get a receipt for the transaction in your email 2-3 days later. Apple is hoping you'll make several purchases within a few days so they can make a single large transaction instead of multiple small transactions.

This is also the reason why so many companies convert money into a "points" system. You can buy 1000 "points" for a single transaction of $10 and then spend them on things in very small increments without the company losing a ton of money to the credit card companies.

It's an unfortunate reality because everybody would probably make more money on these things if they were cheaper and more 'impulse' buys.

The upside is we get more content, the downside is that payable content ultimately splits teh community into "haves" and "have nots." Relic is trying to walk the line where the haves and have nots can actually play together without issue. We'll see if it works.
24 Jun 2013, 19:34 PM

Oh my god,I allways thinking Relic is good guys after this ;(

Can anybody tell me who made Vcoh are they same guys like in coh2 or completly new team just whit same name Relic.
Vcoh masterpiace everything after much worse then vcoh
To be honest I enoy coh2 but this all pay to win stuff and thng that coh2 is much less skill intensive then vcoh.
Vcoh was all about macro and micro,coh2 is all about abillities that troops have
24 Jun 2013, 19:43 PM

I have just one question: Will you be able to unlock all of these commanders with playtime or only with money?
24 Jun 2013, 19:50 PM

I don't simply play coh. It's not even enough to say I care about it. CoH is something I'm passionate about. In the intense matches, I will sweat to the best of my ability and when the game is over I will convince the nearest person that what I was doing was cool. Do you know how much I payed for vcoh? Maybe 30 dollars. I absolutely ripped off Relic. In the last couple years, I wasn't playing for myself. I was playing because it was all I could do to keep giving back to the game.

If I buy dlc, it will be because I owe it to the game.
24 Jun 2013, 20:00 PM

Downloadable Content For This Game
2,49€
COH 2 - Soviet Commander: Conscripts Support Tactics
2,49€
COH 2 - Soviet Commander: Anti-Infantry Tactics
2,49€
COH 2 - German Commander: Joint Operations Doctrine
2,49€
COH 2 - German Commander: Spearhead Doctrine

Rly...? This should be included in game by default. Someone link Angry Joe here to review this bs
24 Jun 2013, 20:27 PM

This abuse of capitalism is the reason why nazies, commies and buddhists wants to see the west burn.
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS