Login

russian armor

CoH2 DLC Prices Revealed

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
24 Jun 2013, 21:38 PM

Well they must have realised given the OP nature of Infantry Conscript Commander that it would not have been a good idea, The information on this Commander is WRONG. It has actually been completely replaced in game by a Different Commander with an IS2, Recon and some other garbage. Yes it is better for balance but for the product advertised to be totally different from that offered on steam its such poor marketing and communication, someones head should roll for this, people buying 1 thing and getting something completely different very bad business practice.

DLC in general is bad business, this is not an MMO with dedicated servers that need continual maintenance so there for a need for a constant income stream is absolute BS. This is an RTS on P2P for it to succeed it needs to be balanced so by offering OP commanders to people who can afford it, it just breaks the fundamentals if the game. I have no problem with pay for skins but NOTHING and I mean NOTHING should be payed DLC that has an actual effect on Gameplay and Balance. Very bad Relic/Sega. Unfortunately I can see this going the way of COHO both with P2W and it being dead in a few months after release especially without Ladders and Anti Cheat. Tsk, Tsk. Just my 2 cents, cheers Grund.
24 Jun 2013, 22:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2013, 20:27 PMamonsot
why nazies, commies and buddhists wants to see the west burn.

they arent better.
24 Jun 2013, 22:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2013, 21:38 PMGrund
...DLC in general is bad business, this is not an MMO with dedicated servers that need continual maintenance...

CoH has been running for 6+ years. It costs money to create and support the infrastructure for the online system, not to mention all the patches. Without an additional revenue stream there is no incentive for a company to continue supporting a game once it will no longer make them money.

CoH1 did not have a team dedicated to supporting the game after the launch. The patches that we got were the bits of time here and there that were available. CoH2 has a live team who's job will be to create new content and patch existing content. They'll be doing that more or less full time (as I understand it). That's a pretty big benefit to us (the players), the question is: will the cost be too high?
24 Jun 2013, 22:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2013, 22:09 PMBridger

CoH has been running for 6+ years. It costs money to create and support the infrastructure for the online system, not to mention all the patches. Without an additional revenue stream there is no incentive for a company to continue supporting a game once it will no longer make them money.

CoH1 did not have a team dedicated to supporting the game after the launch. The patches that we got were the bits of time here and there that were available. CoH2 has a live team who's job will be to create new content and patch existing content. They'll be doing that more or less full time (as I understand it). That's a pretty big benefit to us (the players), the question is: will the cost be too high?

Hey Bridger! Cool to see you back!

Regarding your point... WELL SAID! THat's why i went ahead and purchased the full Collector's edition. I want to support my favorite game like a fan would support his team. What many fail to realize is that if you don't patronize the store/product/company the store/product/company disappears. It's simple economics.

Instead we get comments about companies 'selling out' or 'cashing in' or 'milking' and it just makes me simultaneously angry and sad. It's like the average person grows a completely unsubstantiated sense of entitlement.
24 Jun 2013, 22:22 PM

I agree that DLC is a good idea for business continuity. As long as the commanders open new strategies without risking balance. Oh, and one more thing, xbox 1. Feel privileged you have a PC lol.
24 Jun 2013, 22:26 PM

I'm not a big fan of day 1 dlc (why not just include it with the game if its already made) and $2 skins is way overpriced but the "p2w commander" QQ'ing is getting old.
24 Jun 2013, 22:38 PM

To Bridger; As I stated, I have NO problem with DLC that has ZERO impact on game play i.e skins, they should feel free to make and sell as many of them as they want but DLC that effects balance in an RTS will lead to its eventual decline. So please no more Commanders/ maps/ abilities /units. as DLC, Skins, single player content and maybe co-op theater of war stuff is fine.

I understand companies need to make an income stream to maintain a game and I know this game is very different to a game like Guild Wars 2 but they have done it so well for the community there. No subscription, DLC is for skins and non-gameplay impacting content only and they manage to maintain over 40 dedicatd servers accross Europe and North Amrica. In addition to this they add NEW content nearly every week. If done right this game can succeed but coming from a Total War background (Sega) I understand all too well how much DLC units (which effect game play) are a massive detriment to the competitive community within a game. Anyway this is just a pet peeve of mine and I had to bridge my concerns. Don't get me wrong I love the game and will continue to support it, its just very dangerous territory they are treading here if they want this game to last competitively.
24 Jun 2013, 22:44 PM

hm. I think,commanders are not expensive. they're worthy.

but, Skins are kinda expensive.

maybe Relic thinks "Skin is not necessity. it's just luxury"
24 Jun 2013, 23:05 PM

Just a thought, why cant they make all content unlockable in-game via Grinding at least then there is an avenue for those less fortunate to obtain the DLC and not have to swipe daddies CC details. If it takes 500 games with each faction so be it, there should be an option to do this but ahwell gaming today.... Companies going public and having to make super normal profits to appease shareholders is what the problem is but too late to go back now. I applaud independent developers like Stardock, fantastic games (Sins of a Solar Empire and Fallen Enchantress) from a small crew making games to appease the community not the shareholders. Rant over.
24 Jun 2013, 23:06 PM

I'm all for DLC as long as they continue to support their game by balancing, listening to the community, and stopping cheating. That's fair. Just don't make a shitty game and I won't mind. As of right now, I'm still up in the air about the level of shit so we'll have to see.

Also, where do I buy the DLC that turns off blizzards? Thanks.

24 Jun 2013, 23:13 PM

Oh shit! really good idea!!! hahahahaaa
24 Jun 2013, 23:19 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Well I just log in into COH2, gave a look at all the commanders and honestly the first 4 ones I had from the start are the best ones by far :)
24 Jun 2013, 23:24 PM

I'm all for DLC as long as they continue to support their game by balancing, listening to the community, and stopping cheating. That's fair. Just don't make a shitty game and I won't mind. As of right now, I'm still up in the air about the level of shit so we'll have to see.

WHat about DLC "Coats for your soldiers" that makes them immune to weather.
24 Jun 2013, 23:27 PM

I can buy DLCs for fair price and if company gives me a finished product at first place. How many DLCs I have to buy to get ladders in this game?
24 Jun 2013, 23:36 PM

You guys make me sick, your all a bunch of pathetic cheapskate losers, you all know this game will be great and you will be playing it for years and Relic has been very good to us as a community even despite what a bunch of pukes you all are. As for me I am going to buy everything for this game I love and support this great company so that it will keep coming. Adios Losers
24 Jun 2013, 23:42 PM

You guys make me sick, your all a bunch of pathetic cheapskate losers, you all know this game will be great and you will be playing it for years and Relic has been very good to us as a community even despite what a bunch of pukes you all are. As for me I am going to buy everything for this game I love and support this great company so that it will keep coming. Adios Losers

Hi

Keep in mind that some of us preordered the game for the price that is slightly lower than the DLC's price right now. This was when COH2 was still under THQ.

Thanks
24 Jun 2013, 23:45 PM

Adios Winner, say hallo to Charlie Sheen
25 Jun 2013, 01:01 AM

Where is the ladder DLC????
25 Jun 2013, 01:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2013, 22:09 PMBridger

Here Here Bridger!
25 Jun 2013, 01:41 AM

Those price are decent in my opinion. It's less than the $6 LOL skins ok.

But being able to buy new OP doctrines is a meeeh.. But I don't care as the price suits me.

ANYWAY, here are my personal thoughts about friendly DLCs.
I would totally pay $25 for a pepsi skin, I would totally pay $25 for a SNF skin.
I started to make my own pepsi skin (some of you guys have seen my vcoh jeep) but the fact that my opponent can see the new skin during the game change it all.
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 38
unknown 29
Germany 9
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W