Login

russian armor

CoH2 DLC Prices Revealed

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
25 Jun 2013, 13:39 PM

Completely blindsided by this. I thought the SEGA transition was removing gameplay-affecting DLC from the game, especially given this from the AMAA:

how many commander's will their be total for each army when the game is release?

5 per faction for a total of 10 at launch.

That's per Greg Wilson five days ago, and it turns out it's complete bullshit. There's seven, apparently, and they just didn't mention that two per side were paid DLC. Really quite frustrating. I hate this model. That Commander that Inverse linked is a textbook example of why paid Commanders are a bad idea-- it's just rearranged abilities, but "all-star" commanders are really good.
25 Jun 2013, 13:49 PM

DLC = Downloadable Content. Suffling the existing doctrine abiblities and creating new commanders contains ZERO new content to download. It's simply put anethical and abusive. It's unacceptable for me as customer.

And before anyone comes back with the cheapskate comments, I would have gladly paid a 10-20€/year subscription if that got them to support the game properly with balance fixes and new content. But paying for someone to sell me the original content back in a different order? No!

/Edit

Also, in comptetetive games, you absolutely HAVE to know how all the enemy doctrines work in order to fight back, so in essense this forces you to buy them in order to stay competitive. Kind of a pay-to-win , or pay-not-to-lose situation
25 Jun 2013, 16:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2013, 13:18 PMkrunsh
I'm surprised by how conservative some people are around here. To me:
- There is nothing wrong with digital (Less plastic stuff to be thrown in the garbage in a few years, less money going to big distributors and more money directly to the devs.).
- Nothing wrong with pre-orders (Many of the people who complain about big publishers such as ''EA'' will also complain about pre-orders; which is contradicting considering how this is all about giving money to the devs for a product that you want even though it is not finished. Devs don't have much money of their own, it allows us the players to become the ''publisher'' and to have an influence on how they will be making the game.

This is not necessarily true. A lot of the times, this is only the case if there is no "publisher" at all. For instance: Bohemia Interactive and their store. They publish their own games, so a digital download saves them on Steam, Gamestop, or whatever.

In the case of a game like CoH2, where Relic does have a publisher (Sega), what sometimes happens is: The developer gets paid depending on certain conditions set by the publisher (AAA game quality, a certain rating to measure "success" and so on) as well as a cut off the number of copies sold. The digital distribution is probably only saving money for Sega, who was going to dish out the cash for the discs and stuff, not Relic.

So... most likely, you are not giving more money to the Devs, but to the Publisher.
25 Jun 2013, 17:09 PM

This is not necessarily true. A lot of the times, this is only the case if there is no "publisher" at all. For instance: Bohemia Interactive and their store. They publish their own games, so a digital download saves them on Steam, Gamestop, or whatever.

In the case of a game like CoH2, where Relic does have a publisher (Sega), what sometimes happens is: The developer gets paid depending on certain conditions set by the publisher (AAA game quality, a certain rating to measure "success" and so on) as well as a cut off the number of copies sold. The digital distribution is probably only saving money for Sega, who was going to dish out the cash for the discs and stuff, not Relic.

So... most likely, you are not giving more money to the Devs, but to the Publisher.

Steam is probably taking a fairly big cut of the profits as well. After all, why are games usually more expensive on Steam than as physical copies?
25 Jun 2013, 17:13 PM
Patrion 14

Those who do not like the idea of a DLC can obviously voice their opinion by not spending money on them :)

If only they would instead of whining.
25 Jun 2013, 17:37 PM

Yes wouldn't that be nice
25 Jun 2013, 17:39 PM

Rly...? This should be included in game by default. Someone link Angry Joe here to review this bs

EXACTLY... he should review this shit... PAY to get mor advantage..... WTF...
14 Nov 2014, 02:54 AM

And here I thought we were getting new commanders with AA

How was this thread bumped anyway without a post?
14 Nov 2014, 03:28 AM
Patrion 14

hs king made a low brow insult post and was like invised right away.

p.s. i was fooled at first, too, lol
14 Nov 2014, 22:05 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %