Login

russian armor

Your opinion about OKW

3 Nov 2015, 22:51 PM

I think relic wanted to show there that okw has the most powerfull starting unit. But in fact with how bad flak HT is right now there is no way to play agressivly as okw. Its all about farming vet and preserving squads to become more powerfull late game in this patch and there is no doubt that it is the weakest 1v1 faction now.

In team games they can be carried to super heavies, as they have best heavy armor in game but in fact there is no need for it as ostheer is in every situation at least as good and usually better, especially if you use snipers.

That is very damn true!
3 Nov 2015, 23:00 PM

Ugly designed faction.
2 vs 2 and more Depends on how risky you place your trucks and protect them. Either you succeed and you vehicles are covered in the middle on a map by Schwerer panzer and swarming infantry around with shrecks or not and you lose.
4 Nov 2015, 00:40 AM

At the moment i'm successfully winning 4v4 randie matches <snip>

Says all self-illustrating why you could conclude;

Either way i'm having tons of fun with the OKW and i don't see what people have against them,

Play them 1v1 automatch a while for sufficient matches to come up against against ranked human opponents with ½ a clue and OKW's vulnerability will immediately become apparent.
4 Nov 2015, 00:48 AM

Says all self-illustrating why you could conclude;

Play them 1v1 automatch a while for sufficient matches to come up against against ranked human opponents with ½ a clue and OKW's vulnerability will immediately become apparent.

But thats the point. I don't see the OKW having any potential or being at all effective in 1v1's so I don't play them in that form of matchmaking. They are too reliant on manpower and cant churn out the infantry they need to get an advantage in the early games so any soviet or american player only has to spam blobs and your dead... OKW barely have any infantry killing potential, at least not until the late game. Being spread too thin is what kills OKW players.
4 Nov 2015, 03:11 AM

But thats the point.

Well no, that wasn't the point you were inferencing with your statement. What you said was clear in your previous post as I quoted.

They are too reliant on manpower and cant churn out the infantry they need to get an advantage in the early games so any soviet or american player only has to spam blobs and your dead... OKW barely have any infantry killing potential, at least not until the late game. Being spread too thin is what kills OKW players.

Which again illustrates how you don't truly understand OKW at all. The above is so wrong.

OKW have THE strongest opening infantry in the game bar USF spam BS assisted by their BS Premium Commanders. But, sans that BS Prem Inf insta vet inf commander, even in 1v1 they can counter USF by seizing the initiative early. They are a defense through offense, highly mobile, fast and early hard hitting faction.

SturmPios (StP) at close range can gun down anything UK or Sov can field opening setting up a massive numerical and MP IMBA and capped point/resource deficit, and 1 on 1 vs US RE or pre 'nade and BAR early squads, can screw the latter over good too if they can close. OKW inf is so much better than Ostheer's, and all importantly 5 men who don't require time, fuel or MP for building of T1 to spam right from the start allowing instant fielding of at least numerical equality if not in the superiority. The combination of plentiful 5 man cheap VolksGrens (VGr) and StP is a cheap and lethal opening combo.

Importantly, VGr squads can operate independently squad for squad and in sufficient numbers without having to retreat vs everything they come up against in critical opening. This is crucial. Massed like US into a blob, is what you will see most 1v1 OKW players do, they are deadly.

OKW's weakness is not its MP model, nor inability to field effective infantry fast or cap fast (VGrs are cheap), nor even its lack of a non-doctrinal HMG/MMG, but its utterly rubbish fuel and muni resource model the former impacting absurdly when played 1v1 leaving OKW vulnerable to fast-tech SHOCK armour and other early over-run vehicles before they have an effective hard counters. And they can't even OP capped points to try and diminish/overcome it. As for resource transfer, well we know that was implemented by some tosser at Relic with a warped sense of humour who has never played OKW, or the game except perhaps in a 4v4 random auto once a year on April Fool's day.

When I play OKW I seldom fall over in opening where it is so easy to dominate, or even mid game. In fact that's what is so utterly infuriating! The problem I identify is that OKW just can't sustain an attritional fuel bleeding attritional armour battle/challenge, which forces them to fight with 'shrecked infantry rather than numerically equal hard counters vs Allied armour, USF in the particular. Lose a Pzkpfw IV J or JagdPanzer IV/70 Lang, and it's situation critical for OKW. All the Allied factions can sustain such a losses being so much easier to replace with their capped point OP capability and superior resource models.

Worst of all is OKW versus US. USF indirect and prolific call in arty supported by PACKs, vehicular mounted mortars and or Stuart Howitzer BS that just rapes, with OKW having to fall back to being overly reliant on Inf with soft inadequate relatively immobile armour counters that can't reach those units raping them.

Squad for squad, OKW squads can deal with USF infantry, but not out of green cover vs US in green cover nor vice versa. As the game progresses, those ranged offensive weps force OKW to commit to assault or just stay where they are and bleed to death.

As OKW invariably lose vetted squads en masse to arty and other push button USF kill skillZ, the attritional MP bleed, fielded numerical superiority at an particular place or point in time and quality loss become unsustainable and completely unequal. At that stage, the MP bleed overwhelms exponentially and OKW just loses any chance of retaining territorial and thus resource control in an ever spiralling descent. Game over.

IMV&E, in a 1v1 between reasonably skilled vs equivalent, OKW do not have the viable mid-game and strong end game current COH1 PE do if you survive opening and early game. In 2v2 AT auto or other AT auto multi, any faction's weaknesses will be less apparent or overt in opening due mass and partner buffering. Whilst I haven't played the several thousands of games in COH2 that I have in COH1, I don't see double OKW played much in COH2 2v2 AT automatch, and where I have, it's never been a loss to us that I can recall.

I'd like OKW to be rebalanced so as to be loveable, but they ain't. Fixable? Probably. But neither Relic nor SEGA have any intent of even acknowledging that necessity, ipso facto absolutely none of doing so.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★