Login

russian armor

JU-87 AT Strafe Loiter is broken

30 Oct 2015, 14:07 PM

The 200mun Ostheer AT strafe is plain broken.

It not only attacks vehicles, which is fine, but it also targets infantry (suppresses and kills), destroys decrewed team weapons and often exceeds its range to chase retreating infantry or vehicle units.

The cost efficiency you get for 200mun is ridiculous, you basically need to withdraw all your forces from the area. It gets especially annoying when the game is in the late late game stage and 200mun arent a big deal.
30 Oct 2015, 14:23 PM
30 Oct 2015, 14:26 PM

Thanks for the info. Gotta abuse the hell outta this now.
30 Oct 2015, 14:31 PM

Meanwhile the Soviet IL-2 strafe sits and cries in the corner.

TBH I haven't used it much since they changed it to 2 planes... which I think might be part of the problem since even though they lowered the damage there are now potentially 2 targets that are getting hit. Though it's less RNG-y as far as CAS suddenly exploding your Jacksons, etc.
30 Oct 2015, 14:32 PM

30 Oct 2015, 14:40 PM

Get a Centaur, that's why they are broken as hell, on the ground. :foreveralone:
30 Oct 2015, 14:53 PM

Typhoons do the same thing (except their rockets don't hit vehicles very well). Meanwhile in the Eastern front... IL-2s die fiercely for the rodinu...

Stuka CAS and Typhoons need slight nerf, IL-2 needs slight buff.
30 Oct 2015, 15:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2015, 14:40 PMPorygon
Get a Centaur, that's why they are broken as hell, on the ground. :foreveralone:

yeah getting a centaur is so easy as usf. and its always fun to see to see the m15 AA HT die to it.
30 Oct 2015, 15:11 PM

Took you 2 and a half year and couple of dozens of threads about, but you've finally noticed it :romeoHairDay:

Its cost effectiveness is broken for over a year now.

@RMMLz
Typhons are fundamentally different.

There is one plane that attacks vehicles and one that attacks infantry, neither of them really rolls over its designated target.

SCAS on the other hand uses 2 anti all planes which are hard to shoot down(hardcounter sov and USF AA units), apply permanent crits to vehicles and as it was said, suppress infantry and obliterate team weapons and infantry alike.

No other loiter is as powerful as SCAS, but typhons are on far 2nd place with soviet IL-2 crying in the corner, being able to tickle infantry at most.
30 Oct 2015, 15:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2015, 15:11 PMKatitof
Took you 2 and a half year and couple of dozens of threads about, but you've finally noticed it :romeoHairDay:

@RMMLz

There is one plane that attacks vehicles and one that attacks infantry, neither of them really rolls over its designated target.

SCAS on the other hand uses 2 anti all planes which are hard to shoot down(hardcounter sov and USF AA units), apply permanent crits to vehicles and as it was said, suppress infantry and obliterate team weapons and infantry alike.

No other loiter is as powerful as SCAS, but typhons are on far 2nd place with soviet IL-2 crying in the corner, being able to tickle infantry at most.

the more threads the more attention is drawed onto it. relic pls. pls.
30 Oct 2015, 15:38 PM

another thread for axis nerf i mean why dont we see many axis buff threads where many axis units are just underperforming...no wonder relic is gonna nerf axis to hell
30 Oct 2015, 15:48 PM

another thread for axis nerf i mean why dont we see many axis buff threads where many axis units are just underperforming...no wonder relic is gonna nerf axis to hell

because the AT strafe is clearly overperforming. I do agree that Axis needs buffs in other areas, but im sure that Relic is capable of managing multiple balance issues and changes at once. i believe.
30 Oct 2015, 15:54 PM

because the AT strafe is clearly overperforming. I do agree that Axis needs buffs in other areas, but im sure that Relic is capable of managing multiple balance issues and changes at once. i believe.

or or or make other planes good but u know relic can't do thzt they can make planes either op or up i want abilites to be like coh 1 expensive but powerfull when used right all the abilites and offmap are ass in coh2 only one ability is the goat.....*Close the pocket* such a fun ability
30 Oct 2015, 15:57 PM
Donator 22

Thanks for the info. Gotta abuse the hell outta this now.

the ju87 plane attacked support weapons and inf before patch. At least support weapons long time ago.

because everytime when the plane should attack tanks, it attacked AT guns -__-
30 Oct 2015, 16:01 PM

Permanently Banned
I like the ability :megusta:
30 Oct 2015, 16:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2015, 15:11 PMKatitof

@RMMLz

I don't see much difference. You pay 200 to counter everything in the area, and they both arrive to the field so fast which is also another problem. Typhoons Shred infantry, they are less effective versus fast moving tanks (mostly mediums like PIV) but still, very effective. I'm not even considering other abilities in that commander.

Both need slight nerf, IL2 needs slight buff (and I push so much emphasis on the "Slight nerf" because relic might simply divide their damage by 10, and multiply IL-2s by 10 in their "normal" buffs and nerfs.)
30 Oct 2015, 16:12 PM

Permanently Banned
Its 240 munitions last I remember, can someone prove me wrong? Unlike hawker typhoon it has an actual delay when being called in, and as far as I know is more expensive. The ability was just nerfed in terms of its alpha strike damage. I find it hard to believe it is still OP, but I havent used it.
30 Oct 2015, 16:30 PM

This thing kills everything in the area, for everybody says it fine, P-47 loiter, IL-2 or strafing support is nowhere near as broken as this, IL-2 is shit, P-47 only target vehicles and rocket can miss, Typhoon is essentially 1 P-47 and 1 better IL-2.
30 Oct 2015, 16:36 PM

They aleady nerfed it right?
30 Oct 2015, 16:44 PM

This has been on going for years. For the large team game modes try a CAS player and a player with the Loiter. Pure hell from the sky.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 24
unknown 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak