Login

russian armor

Graphic card suggestions

22 Jan 2016, 22:35 PM
Benefactor 115

just reinstall steam itself to the same directory as the files. All the games should work then
Seb
22 Jan 2016, 22:38 PM
Admin Black Badge

If you want to play in 1080p, with a GTX 970 or above you're going to be limited by CPU before reaching 60 fps.

That thread has a lot of info, as well as tools and explanation how to actually see if you are currently limited by CPU or GPU (bottom of page 1 + page 2).
23 Jan 2016, 03:44 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2016, 16:15 PMJewdo
So I copied all my game folders (not steam backup through steam) there is no way to add them back to steam without re downloading? :(

put it in the install directory. if you're using a standard setup it's "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2". if there isn't a directory then make one. steam (unlike origins) will automatically detect the files.

that's why i brought up multiple HDD/SSDs btw, i have all (~~600GB) of my games on D:\ and when i do a reformat i just have to reinstall steam and it automatically finds everything.
23 Jan 2016, 05:20 AM

The benchmarks I've read indicate that a 2-4 core cpu (anything over that is a waste) plays a moderate role in FPS. Though, the game is heavily GPU dependent.

Suprisingly, there's a user on these forums who runs CoH2 @ 4k using a single 280x - it is custom/OC, but still...
23 Jan 2016, 09:41 AM

put it in the install directory. if you're using a standard setup it's "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2". if there isn't a directory then make one. steam (unlike origins) will automatically detect the files.

that's why i brought up multiple HDD/SSDs btw, i have all (~~600GB) of my games on D:\ and when i do a reformat i just have to reinstall steam and it automatically finds everything.

I tried that though, it gives a app crash and then steam tried to 'add' (download) coh.

I saved a link at home, to a thread that stated you have to add some file, which states the game is installed.

@ipkai

If this solution of mine does not work, or I cannot find that file, I will give your way a shot.
23 Jan 2016, 09:44 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2016, 09:41 AMJewdo

I tried that though, it gives a app crash and then steam tried to 'add' (download) coh.

I saved a link at home, to a thread that stated you have to add some file, which states the game is installed.

@ipkai

If this solution of mine does not work, or I cannot find that file, I will give your way a shot.

huh. i have never run into that issues and i've reinstalled steam at least once a year on average; could be a recent change. i also haven't installed steam on a single drive setup in quite a while so that could be part of it. my path is "D:\Games\Steam\..." it's worked perfectly this way for 5 years.

apparently with origin you have to tell it to start downloading the file, pause the download, copy the files into the new install folder, and upon resuming origin will detect the new files. bit of a pain in the ass though.
23 Jan 2016, 09:55 AM

huh. i have never run into that issues and i've reinstalled steam at least once a year on average; could be a recent change. i also haven't installed steam on a single drive setup in quite a while so that could be part of it. my path is "D:\Games\Steam\..." it's worked perfectly this way for 5 years.

apparently with origin you have to tell it to start downloading the file, pause the download, copy the files into the new install folder, and upon resuming origin will detect the new files. bit of a pain in the ass though.

W/e works. I just dont want to redownload everything, much more trouble.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★