Login

russian armor

Rangers

30 Oct 2015, 18:08 PM
Patrion 14

Rangers got self heal at vet2, para got that at vet3.

they both get passive heal at vet 2.
30 Oct 2015, 18:09 PM
Senior Editor Badge

How do Rangers do with 3 BARs?

Also, if they have 5 men and 3 weapon slots, why do paratroopers only have 2 weapons lots with 6 men?

I want 4 BARs on my paratroopers, thank you very much.
30 Oct 2015, 18:23 PM

How do Rangers do with 3 BARs?

Also, if they have 5 men and 3 weapon slots, why do paratroopers only have 2 weapons lots with 6 men?

I want 4 BARs on my paratroopers, thank you very much.

I assume that it is a way to big risk to have a squad that cost 180 munition. It is probalby better to spread out the bars on rifleman.
30 Oct 2015, 18:26 PM

Why are people comparing Rangers to paratroopers? Different units different commanders. They work just fine, in use with the smoke barrage they are able to close in very well and do good damage
30 Oct 2015, 19:05 PM

Come out earlier? Same CP cost at 3.

I confused it with something else
30 Oct 2015, 19:08 PM

I'm confused as to how the community doesn't get $ega's business practices yet.

I don't think you are, really, are you? :thumbsup:

Paraphrased, You can fool all of the sheeple all of the time.

Put in a really powerful commander, get the masses to buy it, have Relic clean up the mess later

Relic have been doing this same shit since ToV, the final add-on for COH1 when they released it with the so obvious it was deliberate badly broken US T17 'snipewagon'. Destroyed the automatch game to the point everyone just went out and bought ToV and played US as there was just no point playing any other faction vs the effective equivalent of a T4 Wehr Ostwind available long before PE could field any AT, and Wehr were struggling to get out even a single PAK from T2.

It's been all too apparent in COH2 right from the outset. After buying it (digital CE Ed) with hope filled expectation only to have them dashed rejecting it as the crock not long after it released, coerced by ever dwindling activity on the COH1 server I came back to the game at the time of the last sale a few months ago buying all of the modules available at a 'little to lose if it's still a crock' -75% off committted to giving it a fair go and re-evaluaton. My verdict? Nothing's changed for the better.

It's self-evident to anyone with the IQ equivalent of their numerical shoe size why, as a game, it's a flop in comparison with what it could be. Does it make good money for Relic & SEGA? IDK or care. Not from me it doesn't and won't -ever. But like I said in my initial sentence, the DLC greed grab model is obviously what drives Relic and SEGA both, so I presume it must.

Relic don't give a monkey's about balance or player satisfaction. The 'for public consumption' official PR spin from Relic's PR pony is just that. Ultimately, observe actions, analyse whether they concur with what is said. They don't. So then ask youself, from each DLC Premium OP IMBA PTW Commander release, cui bono? Not the game. Not the wider community of players, so who then?

It's already apparent the game is fundamentally ergonomically flawed in its stupidly ultra-intensive mechanics to the point few people play COH2 1v1 auto whereas in COH1 that was most heavily populated arena of all.

And now yet again even more of this USF PTW Premium Com BS with Rangers and Pershing trying to get 'the community' to identify with them as something they wanted/it's ours by a 'naming (attachment and sense of idenfication with their development) contest'!!!

Give me a break. Relic certainly knows where the sheeple live who butter their bread.
30 Oct 2015, 20:44 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

lol rangers have 51% received acc at vet 3

Definition of OpieOP
30 Oct 2015, 21:02 PM

Well, I think we should not simply compare Ranger in isolated situations, like most other units. As a whole, this commander seems fine (maybe in need of some fine tuning but it's nothing like OKW commander). So IMO, rangers are fine, definitely not UP.

You have Rifles which are great, you get extra utility on them, smoke, Combined arms which is a bit underrated, and finally a Pershing (Which IMO should get slight damage nerf and HP buff). Rangers are there to fill the gap in urban maps or choke points. Their mid and close DPS are also quit good. I have to say I haven't played with them, but I've watched a couple of games.
30 Oct 2015, 21:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2015, 05:10 AMJadame!
Paratroopers are better. And cheaper.

+1
paratroops are for real better with same tompsons
Maybe we will cry about it and relic will buf them :D
30 Oct 2015, 21:09 PM

Self heal @ vet 2 is pretty damn cool..
30 Oct 2015, 21:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

lol rangers have 51% received acc at vet 3

Definition of OpieOP

What are Rifles at now, again?

(Actual question without rhetorical argumentation)
30 Oct 2015, 21:24 PM

Rangers are perfectly fine, but I would like to see Panzergrenadiers as fine as them too..
30 Oct 2015, 21:25 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2015, 21:19 PMVuther

What are Rifles at now, again?

(Actual question without rhetorical argumentation)

at vet3, 59%

30 Oct 2015, 22:09 PM

Permanently Banned
51% at vet 3 isn't actually uncommon for elite infantry. Panzergrenadiers also have the same at vet 3. Just worse guns and smaller squad. It only seems high because rangers can plow through ostheer infantry no problem.
30 Oct 2015, 22:20 PM

Isn't obers rec acc similar/higher then that?
They have 0.8 by default and are getting double -29% rec acc bonus
31 Oct 2015, 00:36 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2015, 22:20 PMKatitof

At vet 4, that received accuracy doesn't really matter if they can just suppress all your squads and make them retreat :foreveralone:
31 Oct 2015, 00:46 AM

That would give a whopping .4 recieved accuracy, which is insane
1 Nov 2015, 01:59 AM

The real mystery is why the Rangers don't have their Ardennes Assault voice acting.
1 Nov 2015, 03:17 AM

When?
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight