Login

russian armor

[HETZER] Images

30 Oct 2015, 00:05 AM

30 Oct 2015, 00:08 AM

Looks cute.
30 Oct 2015, 00:13 AM

Permanently Banned
So stupid how they didnt put the iconic remote controlled mg and lazily put in a top gunner.
30 Oct 2015, 14:52 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Moving this to the Lobby, as it is not related to modding.

They also kept the original barrel underneath, giving it a two-part look, when really it was just one piece. It is also missing the optic on top of the mantlet.

30 Oct 2015, 15:26 PM

So stupid how they didnt put the iconic remote controlled mg and lazily put in a top gunner.

I'm pretty sure adding a top gunner requires more effort than not having a top gunner.
30 Oct 2015, 15:33 PM

THIS :megusta:
30 Oct 2015, 15:38 PM

Might still be possible for modders to remove the top gunner and make it act as if it's remote controlled. The gunner is specified in the EBP, and removing the entry would make him disappear without (hopefully) affecting the gun's functionality. Also (hopefully) the hatch's open/close state can be controlled through another action.
30 Oct 2015, 15:45 PM

I'm pretty sure adding a top gunner requires more effort than not having a top gunner.

Not really. I don't know about this engine, but in many other engines, you have "Sockets" which you can "attach" different entities like weapons. They have a fully attachable and animated "Top Gunner" for all German tanks, and they just added that to 38t. Although, it wouldn't be that time consuming to actually model and animate the remote gun. Don't know why the did that.

PS: What is that written in the unit description? Effective against tanks?
30 Oct 2015, 15:49 PM

Now i want this machine without flamethrower
30 Oct 2015, 16:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2015, 15:45 PMRMMLz

Not really. I don't know about this engine, but in many other engines, you have "Sockets" which you can "attach" different entities like weapons. They have a fully attachable and animated "Top Gunner" for all German tanks, and they just added that to 38t. Although, it wouldn't be that time consuming to actually model and animate the remote gun. Don't know why the did that.

PS: What is that written in the unit description? Effective against tanks?

I modded CoH1 for years, adding a remote controlled machine gun would just require someone to allow it to rotate, give it markers for muzzleflashes and tracers, and that would basically be that, as far as I know. You are required to do all that with a topgunner too, except you then also have to add the top gunner position itself, so this is why just making a remote controlled MG would require slightly less work. I'm pretty sure the guys working on the model just didn't realise it was a remote controlled MG when looking at photos for reference.
30 Oct 2015, 16:32 PM
Honorary Member Badge

The pintle gunner is already made, so the only things needed are to animate the hatch and position the bone.

The remote control machine-gun requires horizontal, vertical, and recoil animations. Then there is the muzzle flash FX and SFX, shell ejecting FX and SFX, tracers, states, behaviours, actions, etc.

It might take longer to set all of that up, whereas most of it is done for the pintle gunner, with the exception of the hatch animations.

I do agree that it has less to do with Relic being lazy and more to do with lack of proper references or simply just the "rule of cool".
30 Oct 2015, 16:35 PM

Burn hetzer Burn discoinferno
30 Oct 2015, 17:33 PM

I modded CoH1 for years, adding a remote controlled machine gun would just require someone to allow it to rotate, give it markers for muzzleflashes and tracers, and that would basically be that, as far as I know. You are required to do all that with a topgunner too, except you then also have to add the top gunner position itself, so this is why just making a remote controlled MG would require slightly less work. I'm pretty sure the guys working on the model just didn't realise it was a remote controlled MG when looking at photos for reference.

That's why I said it would not make such difference at the end of my post. Anyway, you're probably right. There are some other small details which they've forgotten to add. Scope is another one. Lazy modelers I guess.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★