Login

russian armor

CoH and CoH2

28 Oct 2015, 11:41 AM

I played some campaign level before (original soviet campaign). I think its very great!!! I will play it just once. But all missions. Because multiplayer is priority for me. But I think campaign is really great. All this drama+gameplay+hollywood.
28 Oct 2015, 11:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 11:24 AMSeven

SO, CoH2 is not so monotonous like CoH1, isnt it?

Existence of so many doctrines alone with new coming out now and then means the game is fresh and you can go hipster and use some unorthodox strats.

To me its incomparably more varried and interesting then coh1.
28 Oct 2015, 11:48 AM
Donator 11

Wehrmacht is a solid choice, when used correctly it is the best faction in game in any game mode now. The problem with it is that it plays completely different than any other faction, only brits are kind of similar. That means it's somewhat hard to master thing but if you have solid coh1 wehrmacht experience you should get it quickly.

Btw there are a few major differences between coh1 and coh2:
1. Capping circles instead of flags mean you can stay in cover during capping or even cap with set up mg, mortar or AT gun.
2. Camo works only in cover, you cannot camo a sniper in the open field any more.
3. There are no zombie squads that come out of medic facilities, you can heal units but not ressurect them.
4. Commanders are linear and unlock abilities by themselves once you lock them.
5. Units gain vet for delt/got damage not for kills.
6. Infantry snares do engine crit only if after the damage snare does tank has less than 80% of hp. It means you need to hit them first with something else or another snare if you fight any medium or heavy tanks. Snares also usually hit even if you run out of range, to avoid them you need to stay out of range.
7. Produced units also come off map instead of coming out of buildings.
8. You can reverse vehicles without clicking 2 meters behind them.
9. Vehicles can get abandoned and recrewed just like any other weapon.
10. You can vault fences.
11. Team weapons can't be killed while manned, you need to kill the crew first.
12. You can decide what direction should your mg face while it is in a building manually.\
13. Army size cap is static and set to 100.
14. Because of the static army cap strategic points wont give you more of it, instead they also give some muni and fuel.

Well that's it. I may have missed sth but this is definitely the solid overview on differences. Gl on the battlefield!
28 Oct 2015, 11:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 11:43 AMKatitof

Existence of so many doctrines alone with new coming out now and then means the game is fresh and you can go hipster and use some unorthodox strats.

To me its incomparably more varried and interesting then coh1.

I have same thoughts. I havent played COH2 multiplayer before. But variety that is the main point why I want move to COH2. And players community, multiplayer service, of course.
28 Oct 2015, 12:01 PM

Hi Seven.
In my opinion CoH2 is in general an improvement over CoH. I never liked the ability to buy veterancy for Wehrmacht in CoH, nor did I like the mechanic whereby the British could only earn veterancy through their officer units. The implementation of the British Forces in CoH2 is better - both because now all factions earn veterancy the same way (hooray!), but also because you have a choice about what teching up you do and how you play the faction, which wasn't the case in CoH1.
The true Line of Sight, ability to mantle and other small tweaks also make it better.

The negative side of CoH2 is the Commander system. In my opinion the doctrine system in CoH was superior - it offered more in the way of choice during matches and I really don't like the idea of "premium" commanders.

Of course there are balance issues with CoH2, but there were with CoH as well and these are subject to improvement.
28 Oct 2015, 12:03 PM

Wehrmacht is a solid choice, when used correctly it is the best faction in game in any game mode now. The problem with it is that it plays completely different than any other faction, only brits are kind of similar. That means it's somewhat hard to master thing but if you have solid coh1 wehrmacht experience you should get it quickly.

Btw there are a few major differences between coh1 and coh2:
1. Capping circles instead of flags mean you can stay in cover during capping or even cap with set up mg, mortar or AT gun.
2. Camo works only in cover, you cannot camo a sniper in the open field any more.
3. There are no zombie squads that come out of medic facilities, you can heal units but not ressurect them.
4. Commanders are linear and unlock abilities by themselves once you lock them.
5. Units gain vet for delt/got damage not for kills.
6. Infantry snares do engine crit only if after the damage snare does tank has less than 80% of hp. It means you need to hit them first with something else or another snare if you fight any medium or heavy tanks. Snares also usually hit even if you run out of range, to avoid them you need to stay out of range.
7. Produced units also come off map instead of coming out of buildings.
8. You can reverse vehicles without clicking 2 meters behind them.
9. Vehicles can get abandoned and recrewed just like any other weapon.
10. You can vault fences.
11. Team weapons can't be killed while manned, you need to kill the crew first.
12. You can decide what direction should your mg face while it is in a building manually.\
13. Army size cap is static and set to 100.
14. Because of the static army cap strategic points wont give you more of it, instead they also give some muni and fuel.

Well that's it. I may have missed sth but this is definitely the solid overview on differences. Gl on the battlefield!

I thought I will not see here any new adiiotonal and useful answers. But that is awesome/ Thanks. SO, If you are right I will not have big problems playing Wehrmacht in CoH2 because of CoH1 exp. So, just organize defense and start produce tech up units as queclky as it possible.

Crew of venicle could be killed and venicle could be captured 0_0 wow

Also, no invisible snipers anymore... LoL... SOmething new. but True SIght system... Great! I thihkn CoH2 looks like llittle bit more realisitc ^^
28 Oct 2015, 12:04 PM

Hey! Welcome aboard.

Pretty much what Katitof said. Wehrmacht has a buttload of decent commanders currently, and the core faction is strong enough to help you try a number of unorthodox commander choices/builds if that's your jam. I find it to be among the more forgiving factions, too, if your micro lets you down or your cat gets stuck in your CPU or something and you end up losing an engagement or two.
28 Oct 2015, 12:10 PM

Wehrmacht is the most balanced faction currently, still very competitive without having any too OP units.
The problem is that all the other factions have some obviously over-performing units now , like Kv8, LeiG, pak Howie, Centaur etc. But those are getting fixed/adjusted soon, so future looks good.
It's also the closest resemblance to its CoH1 equivalent of all, wide array of units, reliance on combined arms.
The main difference with CoH1 is that there is no bought vet, and Wehrmacht is not as strong late game, but early game is stronger now and game performance is more evenly distributed overall, no win early for allies or survive late to win for axis.
28 Oct 2015, 12:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 12:01 PMQuercus
Hi Seven.
In my opinion CoH2 is in general an improvement over CoH. I never liked the ability to buy veterancy for Wehrmacht in CoH, nor did I like the mechanic whereby the British could only earn veterancy through their officer units. The implementation of the British Forces in CoH2 is better - both because now all factions earn veterancy the same way (hooray!), but also because you have a choice about what teching up you do and how you play the faction, which wasn't the case in CoH1.
The true Line of Sight, ability to mantle and other small tweaks also make it better.

The negative side of CoH2 is the Commander system. In my opinion the doctrine system in CoH was superior - it offered more in the way of choice during matches and I really don't like the idea of "premium" commanders.

Of course there are balance issues with CoH2, but there were with CoH as well and these are subject to improvement.

I agree with you. But Im bored with doctrines in CoH1. it makes game monotonous. some of doctrines is absolutely shit (like defensive doctrine of Wehrmacht). a lot of things is not useful. I wrote about it before. The problem is after a lot of matches I realized I dont see big difference betwean it. Just except some of it.
28 Oct 2015, 12:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 12:10 PMSkinner
Wehrmacht is the most balanced faction currently, still very competitive without having any too OP units.
The problem is that all the other factions have some obviously over-performing units now , like Kv8, LeiG, pak Howie, Centaur etc. But those are getting fixed/adjusted soon, so future looks good.
It's also the closest resemblance to its CoH1 equivalent of all, wide array of units, reliance on combined arms.
The main difference with CoH1 is that there is no bought vet, and Wehrmacht is not as strong late game, but early game is stronger now and game performance is more evenly distributed overall, no win early for allies or survive late to win for axis.

"no win early for allies or survive late to win for axis."(c) The best moment ever. B-) Finally game has variety and more different matches. I dont like balance in CoH1. Allies can not stop Wehrmacht at all, if they havent did it in the start. Maybe I liked comeback of Wehrmacht in CoH ( I rememeber one game where me and my freind almot have lost all map, but we stopped allied assault, produced our tanks and after we've smashed them. it was cool). But Im bored of monotonous way of almost every match. Its not like that in StarCraftII, for example. And I bored from not realistic moments of COH1, like US ranger squads. When I see this rangers Im always thinking their abilities must be different, and mechanic of game must be different. I think CoH2 has more kinds of realism, but CoH1 has more kinds like that is StarCraft II lol :D:lol: but at last CoH1 is more old game. Of course modern RTS has more variery. CoH2 too. And that is great.

I think now I have all information which I need. I will wait for Steam discount and buy CoH2 then.
28 Oct 2015, 12:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 11:41 AMSeven
I played some campaign level before (original soviet campaign). I think its very great!!! I will play it just once. But all missions. Because multiplayer is priority for me. But I think campaign is really great. All this drama+gameplay+hollywood.

I personally think that soviet campaign is really boring and dull.

What made me buy that game was the USA campaign of Coh1. I remember I downloaded a pirate copy of the game and I tested it by playing the campaign, I got amazed (specially the mission in where you had to deffend a city from german waves and you had 5-10 minutes to get ready before the invasion). That made me buy the full game and expansions, and after that, continue with Coh2 franchise.

28 Oct 2015, 12:26 PM

But I still dont get one point - British Forces/Western Front Armies add-on's giving me possibility to play for new factions, but without it I will not see this faction in multiplayer at all (I mean playing against it). So, players without any add-on has their own sector in muliplayer. they could play only with themselves, isnt it?
28 Oct 2015, 12:30 PM

I personally think that soviet campaign is really boring and dull.

What made me buy that game was the USA campaign of Coh1. I remember I downloaded a pirate copy of the game and I tested it by playing the campaign, I got amazed (specially the mission in where you had to deffend a city from german waves and you had 5-10 minutes to get ready before the invasion). That made me buy the full game and expansions, and after that, continue with Coh2 franchise.

Havent played campaign in CoH1... But its classic now, I think. And still could be great choice for some players.
28 Oct 2015, 12:36 PM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 12:26 PMSeven
But I still dont get one point - British Forces/Western Front Armies add-on's giving me possibility to play for new factions, but without it I will not see this faction in multiplayer at all (I mean playing against it). So, players without any add-on has their own sector in muliplayer. they could play only with themselves, isnt it?

Everyone can play against everyone regardless of which armies or commanders you own.
28 Oct 2015, 12:38 PM

You can play against all factions on all automatch maps in an automatch vs players or CPUs as long as you buy any one of the multiplayer add-ons. You can only choose from the factions you bought though.
28 Oct 2015, 12:40 PM

One big pool of players. I didnt have brits, but played against brits, now I have brits, and I still play against brits. :)
28 Oct 2015, 12:59 PM

Thanks to everyone for explaining!
28 Oct 2015, 13:01 PM

P.S. there is still allies and axis teams like in CoH1?.. US forces cant fight with British Forces, Oberkommando West can not fight against Wehrmacht, Red Army can not fight against US Forces, isnt it?..
28 Oct 2015, 13:09 PM

Multiplayer ranked: allied armies vs axis armies.
Custom: whatever you set it to be like.
28 Oct 2015, 13:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 13:09 PMKatitof
Multiplayer ranked: allied armies vs axis armies.
Custom: whatever you set it to be like.

LMAO... British Forces vs... Brtish Forces?.. Is that possible? :D :D :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight