Login

russian armor

CoH and CoH2

28 Oct 2015, 09:28 AM

Hello all!

I was thinking about gameplay in CoH and in CoH2. So, I would to know - which difference in this two games, if you are playing for same fraction from CoH1 in CoH2. I mean, I always playing for Wehrmacht in CoH1. What about gameplay of Wehrmacht in CoH2? IS it the same?

Also, British Forces in CoH2 can not deploy their truck anywhere, like in CoH1?

Also, I dont understand about units... In CoH2 there is all units are available for each fraction from the beginning? Or you have to reach special level and unlock it?
Does Wehrmacht has Panthers in CoH2?

Well, I have so many quations about CoH2, but I hope it will not be boring to answer me. Im playing on CoH since 2012. Now I want to buy CoH2 in Steam.
28 Oct 2015, 09:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 09:28 AMSeven
I always playing for Wehrmacht in CoH1. What about gameplay of Wehrmacht in CoH2? IS it the same?

No. Wehrmacht it's a sturdy faction in COH, in COH2 it looks nice and shiny, great concept but in battles will disappoint you quickly. They are verry weak.

Yes, they have, as expensive and almost unreachable like in coh1. Good units, alltough but you pass trough hell untill you build one.

Well, I have so many quations about CoH2, but I hope it will not be boring to answer me. Im playing on CoH since 2012. Now I want to buy CoH2 in Steam.

I don't think it's such a good idea unless you are bored and want something new. After playing COH2 since beginning I begin to think that COH1 was a better game. Be ready to spend money on DLCs and OP commanders that you will want to buy to win.
28 Oct 2015, 09:43 AM

Wehrmacht is nog very weak in battle, don't let biased people fool you.
Gameplay is indeed very different, I'd say just play the game and discover :)
28 Oct 2015, 09:48 AM

Wehrmacht is nog very weak in battle, don't let biased people fool you.
Gameplay is indeed very different, I'd say just play the game and discover :)

Ok, so not verry weak but still weak like hell. Is this fine?
28 Oct 2015, 09:50 AM

Hello all!

I was thinking about gameplay in CoH and in CoH2. So, I would to know - which difference in this two games, if you are playing for same fraction from CoH1 in CoH2. I mean, I always playing for Wehrmacht in CoH1. What about gameplay of Wehrmacht in CoH2? IS it the same?

Also, British Forces in CoH2 can not deploy their truck anywhere, like in CoH1?

Also, I dont understand about units... In CoH2 there is all units are available for each fraction from the beginning? Or you have to reach special level and unlock it?

It's not the same, but it's still a solid faction. The tech up system with Phases -> Building is still the same. You start with your HQ which builds Pioneers and MG 42, you can build T1 with your starting Pioneer and it contains your Grenadiers, Mortar, and Sniper. T2 has your Scout Car, Panzergrenadiers, Anti-Tank Gun, and Half-Track. T3 gives you the StuG III G (AT), Panzer IV, and Ostwind. Finally T4 is more like a bonus tier, hard to reach but good units, containing the Sturmpanzer IV, Panther Tank, and Panzerwerfer.

British Forces in CoH2 can not move their HQ, the closest thing is the German Oberkommando who can deploy their HQ Trucks in any friendly territory, but can not move them. British can make a forward HQ, which is just a tent surrounded by sandbags that they can retreat, reinforce, and arm themselves at. USF and OKW also have forward retreat points. Wehrmacht and Soviet do not have forward retreat points, but do have Half-Tracks.

As for units, it's mostly the same, the only difference is most factions can build their basic infantry right away. USF and OKW's HQ are more like a T1 to them, because they can build more from them than other factions. All factions still have to tech up to reach new units as the game goes on, and each faction does this in their own ways. Wehrmacht has Battle Phases and Buildings, Soviets have Buildings, USF has Officers, OKW has their Trucks, and British have prefab Buildings.

If you want a more solid idea on how the game plays, check out Imperial Dane's casts, or some popular Streams like HelpingHans, Romeo, Rogers, Ciez, Luvnest, VonIvan, or Stormless. They'll show up in the Livestreams window to the right of the page when they're active. You could watchless popular players, but I don't know if that'd teach you much.
28 Oct 2015, 10:27 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Hello Seven and Welcome to COH2.ORG! :D

Explaining you how COH2 works and how it differenciate from COH1 is a pretty big thing to do and it would take anyone a lot of time. Luckily for you, you can find both on our community and on the official website some good guides on how COH2 works and how to learn the basics of it:

Official COH2 Guides: http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2015/08/27/coh2-beginners-guide-0
COH2.ORG Guides list: http://www.coh2.org/guides/category/1/beginner-guides

The gameplay of Wehrmacht in Company of Heroes 2 is a bit different, Volksgrenadiers and Grenadiers from COH1 are unified into the Grenadiers of COH2, which is a unit that scales well in the late game. A good combination of MG42/Grenadiers (perhaps with a sniper too if you like them) is the meta in COH2 atm. Teching works exactly the same and most of the units you had in COH1 are present in COH2 too, even tho some are absent and others are just new/different.

British Forces don't have trucks anymore, their base is static but it's still unique in the way it can be used, I suggest you to watch a few videos or follow our streamers to get an idea of how they play out.

Teching among the various factions is a bit different but the main design concept is equal, you start with your main base and a starting unit. You then need resources to either:

a) Tech up and then build the next building that unlocks you new units (Wehrmacht in COH1 and Wehrmacht in COH2)

b) Build different buildings in a certain order (Americans in COH1 and Soviets in COH2)

b+1) Oberkommando West in COH2 features a different system, similar in some way to the British trucks of COH1. You start with a static HQ (that looks like a truck). Every 180 seconds another truck spawns: you can place it where you want in friendly territory and upgrade it to one of the three different HQs available, each one with unique bonuses. The moment you place it the countdown of 180 seconds starts again (you cannot have more than 1 unupgraded truck on the field at the same time). You can't move trucks after having settled them down.

c) Unlock already existing buildings via tech upgrades (this is new and it works for British Forces and Americans in COH2). Americans get also an officer when you upgrade the three available tiers. (lt, captain and major) Officers come in a squad and they are unique combat units or utility units (not like Brits of COH1 where you attached them to infantry sections to boost them)

Wehrmacht has panthers in COH2 in their last building. I suggest you following our streamers, casters and youtubers to get a better idea if COH2 is a game you could like. Personally I like it! :)
28 Oct 2015, 10:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 09:48 AMJohnnyB

Well, I had the same thoughts about Wehrmacht in CoH1 first. I thought US ranger squads is unstoppable terminators... But after I have realized how to organize good defense to buy time for tech up. And well, poor rangers, ahahahah!
Maybe in CoH2 Wehrmacht also could organize good defense?..
28 Oct 2015, 10:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 09:48 AMJohnnyB

I've been playing loads of wehr in 2v2 and up and they are not weak.
28 Oct 2015, 10:46 AM
Patrion 14

Invissed one flame post.

28 Oct 2015, 10:52 AM

It's not the same, but it's still a solid faction. The tech up system with Phases -> Building is still the same. You start with your HQ which builds Pioneers and MG 42, you can build T1 with your starting Pioneer and it contains your Grenadiers, Mortar, and Sniper. T2 has your Scout Car, Panzergrenadiers, Anti-Tank Gun, and Half-Track. T3 gives you the StuG III G (AT), Panzer IV, and Ostwind. Finally T4 is more like a bonus tier, hard to reach but good units, containing the Sturmpanzer IV, Panther Tank, and Panzerwerfer.

British Forces in CoH2 can not move their HQ, the closest thing is the German Oberkommando who can deploy their HQ Trucks in any friendly territory, but can not move them. British can make a forward HQ, which is just a tent surrounded by sandbags that they can retreat, reinforce, and arm themselves at. USF and OKW also have forward retreat points. Wehrmacht and Soviet do not have forward retreat points, but do have Half-Tracks.

As for units, it's mostly the same, the only difference is most factions can build their basic infantry right away. USF and OKW's HQ are more like a T1 to them, because they can build more from them than other factions. All factions still have to tech up to reach new units as the game goes on, and each faction does this in their own ways. Wehrmacht has Battle Phases and Buildings, Soviets have Buildings, USF has Officers, OKW has their Trucks, and British have prefab Buildings.

If you want a more solid idea on how the game plays, check out Imperial Dane's casts, or some popular Streams like HelpingHans, Romeo, Rogers, Ciez, Luvnest, VonIvan, or Stormless. They'll show up in the Livestreams window to the right of the page when they're active. You could watchless popular players, but I don't know if that'd teach you much.

Thank you for advice of streams. I will try to watch it =) Also, how I understand retreat points is interesting idea. But, I dont understand what about British defensive structures?? Pounder-artillery guns, anti-tanks guns, bunkers, mortar-replacements (covered with sand-bags) utc? And what about Priests and SAS troops?..

Also, how I understand, Germans still have half-track with rocket artillery?..

My favorite doctrine in CoH1 was Terror. And 2 of my friends playing for Blitzkrieg. Or one of us are taking Panzer Elite. But mostly we are playing for Wehrmacht. I like using Firestorms and V1 rocket =)
But all this commanders in CoH2... I must buy them separate?.. And without buying any additional game will not be soo interesting or?..
I think I dont get it.
FOr example, I want to find smg like Terror doctrine from CoH1 in CoH2. Is it possible?
28 Oct 2015, 10:55 AM
Honorary Member Badge

28 Oct 2015, 11:04 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 10:52 AMSeven

But all this commanders in CoH2... I must buy them separate?.. And without buying any additional game will not be soo interesting or?..
I think I dont get it.
FOr example, I want to find smg like Terror doctrine from CoH1 in CoH2. Is it possible?

I'll point you her for how to get the game and what version to get:

http://www.coh2.org/news/37043/the-confused-consumer-a-buyer-s-guide-to-coh2

As for the rest:

Ostheer start with 6 Commanders and there are maybe 20 total.

There are 4 ways to get the rest:

1) Sign up for the Relic forums and you can get the Community Defensive Commander (which is terrible)

2) Every so often there is a special event or release that allows one to get a commander. This has happened for two separate commanders

3) Pay money in the in game store. All bar 1 are available that way. I really wouldn't bother at this stage unless you have money to spare, the 6 starting ones are perfectly ok to learn the game with. If later you decide you want to get some more then people can advise you what is good or may fit your style - or wait for free weekend to try stuff out or steam sale to get stuff cheap

4) Warspoils.

This enables you to get everything, every couple of hours or so of gameplay you get a random drop (up to 3 in fact) of Commander, Skin, Faceplate, Bulletin, Skin or Victory Strike. However you get no control over what you get and it might be for a faction you don't play
28 Oct 2015, 11:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 10:40 AMSeven

Well, I had the same thoughts about Wehrmacht in CoH1 first. I thought US ranger squads is unstoppable terminators... But after I have realized how to organize good defense to buy time for tech up. And well, poor rangers, ahahahah!
Maybe in CoH2 Wehrmacht also could organize good defense?..

In COH1 you can buy veterancy in wehrmacht's case. In COH1 you have med bunkers that can make you zombie squads. In Coh1 you have passive abilities like zeal which is quite good.
...you will find COH2 a little more... challanging let's say.

The only better thing is that the cheating phenomenon is more rare in COH2 though it still exists.

But anyway, play and see, if I tell you more things people will call me again a biased person. You will draw your own conclusions.
28 Oct 2015, 11:09 AM

Hello Seven and Welcome to COH2.ORG! :D

Explaining you how COH2 works and how it differenciate from COH1 is a pretty big thing to do and it would take anyone a lot of time. Luckily for you, you can find both on our community and on the official website some good guides on how COH2 works and how to learn the basics of it:

Official COH2 Guides: http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2015/08/27/coh2-beginners-guide-0
COH2.ORG Guides list: http://www.coh2.org/guides/category/1/beginner-guides

The gameplay of Wehrmacht in Company of Heroes 2 is a bit different, Volksgrenadiers and Grenadiers from COH1 are unified into the Grenadiers of COH2, which is a unit that scales well in the late game. A good combination of MG42/Grenadiers (perhaps with a sniper too if you like them) is the meta in COH2 atm. Teching works exactly the same and most of the units you had in COH1 are present in COH2 too, even tho some are absent and others are just new/different.

British Forces don't have trucks anymore, their base is static but it's still unique in the way it can be used, I suggest you to watch a few videos or follow our streamers to get an idea of how they play out.

Teching among the various factions is a bit different but the main design concept is equal, you start with your main base and a starting unit. You then need resources to either:

a) Tech up and then build the next building that unlocks you new units (Wehrmacht in COH1 and Wehrmacht in COH2)

b) Build different buildings in a certain order (Americans in COH1 and Soviets in COH2)

b+1) Oberkommando West in COH2 features a different system, similar in some way to the British trucks of COH1. You start with a static HQ (that looks like a truck). Every 180 seconds another truck spawns: you can place it where you want in friendly territory and upgrade it to one of the three different HQs available, each one with unique bonuses. The moment you place it the countdown of 180 seconds starts again (you cannot have more than 1 unupgraded truck on the field at the same time). You can't move trucks after having settled them down.

c) Unlock already existing buildings via tech upgrades (this is new and it works for British Forces and Americans in COH2). Americans get also an officer when you upgrade the three available tiers. (lt, captain and major) Officers come in a squad and they are unique combat units or utility units (not like Brits of COH1 where you attached them to infantry sections to boost them)

Wehrmacht has panthers in COH2 in their last building. I suggest you following our streamers, casters and youtubers to get a better idea if COH2 is a game you could like. Personally I like it! :)

LoL. THank you! I like this community already lol

Of course I will search for guides. And I already did it. Little bit. But its not so easy to find fast all information what you need. ANd best way is to ask real people...
I think CoH1 is fantastic game, but after few years of playing I think its... monotonous. Yes... Because Im playing for Wehrmacht. I think defensive doctrine is absolutely not useful. Havent seen it in the game at all. My opponents is Americans or Commenwealth. Americans always are using infantry and artillery guns. Always! British.. Well, they could use different methonds. But anyway their tank's doctrine mostly is not useful. Commandos could be much better, but they are more same to US unfantry. Im producing Flakpanzers + Panthers + Knights = British players can not stop me. And their artillery is very expensive and not so useful. I mean, when they will have a few Priests, I will have few Panthers and will hunt down their Priests. I think German firestorms + v1 much better. Also, If I have V1, British anti-tanks guns will not help them. And so... There is it - almost all matches are going in one way. Allies are pushing us with infantry. Maybe with weak British tanks. So, if they are very good in micro, we can loose. If they not - we starting producing StuGs, Flakpanzers and Panthers... Upgrading Tanks till last veterancy and.. Maybe Allies are trying to stop us with artillery, but of course it will not help them against our tanks and... We are victories. Sometimes there is very good players, who can combine artillery and infantry to stop us. But anyway, Tank Destroyers are nothing against upgraded Panthers. Im bored. Im also playing SCII sometimes. I think its not so monotonous!..
I hope CoH2 is more interesting. Also, this Weather Conditions... And this graphics in CoH2... Soo cool and realistic. And so much details and animations. And 5 Fcations (+maybe will be additional). I think I will like this game. But Im not sure... So I dont know shall I buy it, same to my friends.
28 Oct 2015, 11:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 09:37 AMJohnnyB

No. Wehrmacht it's a sturdy faction in COH, in COH2 it looks nice and shiny, great concept but in battles will disappoint you quickly. They are verry weak.

Yes, they have, as expensive and almost unreachable like in coh1. Good units, alltough but you pass trough hell untill you build one.

I don't think it's such a good idea unless you are bored and want something new. After playing COH2 since beginning I begin to think that COH1 was a better game. Be ready to spend money on DLCs and OP commanders that you will want to buy to win.

You can't compare a 5 years of balance in Coh1 vs 2 years of "balance" in coh2. Of course Coh1 is better in terms of balance but I am happy to have moved to coh2, reasons:

1- Playerbase: Coh1 playerbase decreased due to coh2 launch.
2- Cheating: On the last year before Coh2 released, the coh1 game was full of cheaters, drophack and maphack was often used. One thing I appreciate is that from 1000 games I could have played, only 10-15 I found a drophacker/maphacker.
3-New variables to add in strategy. The new concepts of Vaulting fences,true sight (I love it for ambushes),snow/ice (I don't like it that much but is a variable) makes the game more fun, I hated in coh1 when you only had to do a bike for scouting through hedgerows and walls.
4-Vet system deppends on the unit conservation, I hated the pay 2 vet system from werh coh1.
5-Live game replays, you can watch the high rank players playing online and it's a great feature to learn how to play.

The game still have failures, specially in balance, but they are working into it, axis may feel you weaker if you compare them with coh1 but they are challenging, I really think that this game deserves a try.
28 Oct 2015, 11:21 AM

I'll point you her for how to get the game and what version to get:

http://www.coh2.org/news/37043/the-confused-consumer-a-buyer-s-guide-to-coh2

As for the rest:

Ostheer start with 6 Commanders and there are maybe 20 total.

There are 4 ways to get the rest:

1) Sign up for the Relic forums and you can get the Community Defensive Commander (which is terrible)

2) Every so often there is a special event or release that allows one to get a commander. This has happened for two separate commanders

3) Pay money in the in game store. All bar 1 are available that way. I really wouldn't bother at this stage unless you have money to spare, the 6 starting ones are perfectly ok to learn the game with. If later you decide you want to get some more then people can advise you what is good or may fit your style - or wait for free weekend to try stuff out or steam sale to get stuff cheap

4) Warspoils.

This enables you to get everything, every couple of hours or so of gameplay you get a random drop (up to 3 in fact) of Commander, Skin, Faceplate, Bulletin, Skin or Victory Strike. However you get no control over what you get and it might be for a faction you don't play

That is useful info! Now I get it. Thanks.

So, Relic combined F2p model with simple model. Interesting. But maybe its good way. I mean we need game witch will be aliwe for a long time. Look at the RTS now. C&C is dead (killed by EA). World In Conflict? Dead. What else?.. I think CoH series, TW and SCII now is most playing RTS games. And that is all. Also I remember what happened with THQ...
I still hope British Forces will not be last Add-On/DLC for COH2.
28 Oct 2015, 11:24 AM

You can't compare a 5 years of balance in Coh1 vs 2 years of "balance" in coh2. Of course Coh1 is better in terms of balance but I am happy to have moved to coh2, reasons:

1- Playerbase: Coh1 playerbase decreased due to coh2 launch.
2- Cheating: On the last year before Coh2 released, the coh1 game was full of cheaters, drophack and maphack was often used. One thing I appreciate is that from 1000 games I could have played, only 10-15 I found a drophacker/maphacker.
3-New variables to add in strategy. The new concepts of Vaulting fences,true sight (I love it for ambushes),snow/ice (I don't like it that much but is a variable) makes the game more fun, I hated in coh1 when you only had to do a bike for scouting through hedgerows and walls.
4-Vet system deppends on the unit conservation, I hated the pay 2 vet system from werh coh1.
5-Live game replays, you can watch the high rank players playing online and it's a great feature to learn how to play.

The game still have failures, specially in balance, but they are working into it, axis may feel you weaker if you compare them with coh1 but they are challenging, I really think that this game deserves a try.

SO, CoH2 is not so monotonous like CoH1, isnt it?
28 Oct 2015, 11:39 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 11:24 AMSeven

SO, CoH2 is not so monotonous like CoH1, isnt it?

I never played COH1 so I cannot comment

However the COH2 community tends to have two settings:

1) Complaining that there has been no new patches or content recently

2) Complaining that the last patch or new content changed the game too much

For questions I suggest you try the State Office:

http://www.coh2.org/forum/2/state-office
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L