Login

russian armor

Your opinion on the state of the 222

27 Oct 2015, 13:12 PM

I know that the 222 is pretty balanced, but something that I wonder about is why is the 222 not very good against infantry. Hear me out. Note I'm bringing up CoH1 for comparison's sake, so please don't get mad or flame:

In CoH1, the PE 222 was a beast. Absolutely shredddded infantry. The definition of a glass cannon. Furthermore, it came really early (4 min 15 seconds is pretty standard timing) and hit the field while anti-tank was still absent (to field the AT gun you needed 50 fuel for SD and 45 fuel for MP). Not only did AT guns come minutes after at the fastest possible time, but infantry AT (namely the sticky bomb) was easy to micro against since you could actually leave the range before the animation finished to cancel the throw.

This brings me to CoH2. Why is the 222 so average? It's AI capabilities are very poor in comparison. It's not like CoH2 lacks big hitting AI compared to CoH2. Take T70 for example - nothing in CoH1 compares. Furthermore in CoH2, the 222 is easier to counter. Soviet can literally go AT gun first unit, and when you get caught in AT nade range, it will always hit. So if early AT is so much better at countering 222 in CoH2 than CoH1, why is the 222 in CoH2 so dust? (dust meaning bad for all you english second language people).

Discuss civilly please.
27 Oct 2015, 13:18 PM

Because the 222 is a dirt cheap 210mp 15 fuel unit. I don't understand what people expect from such a unit.

I mean we could raise it's price to and make it a proper light tank or light vehicle. Giving it 320 health , buffing the main gun and making it 40-50 fuel.
27 Oct 2015, 13:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2015, 13:18 PMBurts
Because the 222 is a dirt cheap 210mp 15 fuel unit. I don't understand what people expect from such a unit.

I mean we could raise it's price to and make it a proper light tank or light vehicle. Giving it 320 health , buffing the main gun and making it 40-50 fuel.

That's the problem, it will shut down USF Lt. Tier. I would like to see the changes you mentioned but it would force every USF player to rush for Bazooka.
27 Oct 2015, 13:23 PM

I don't even build it anymore. Does this answer to your question on the state of the 222?
27 Oct 2015, 13:24 PM

I think it's pretty good against infantry when used behind your infantry. Though I don't understand why the upgrade now comes standard, I really think it's in a good state. It doesn't shred infantry and it shouldn't shred infantry for that prize. It comes too early for shredding infantry. It does a fair amount of damage for its cost. Used against brits or USF it's so damn effective against multiple squads.

I like how this unit is an option and not a certain thing on the battlefield. That's how it should be imo.
I see there is not many ppl agreeing with me, I expect a lot of notifications in my inbox :foreveralone:
27 Oct 2015, 13:43 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2015, 13:40 PMKatitof
Because its cheap as hell and have good AT potential for its tier, allowing it to win with units that cost 2-3 times as much fuel and in theory have better gun*cough*greyhound*cough*?

I think it just needs a more dedicated role and should get a proper cost adjusment then. But honestly I have never seen a 222 win against the Greyhound (probably because the commander isn't played all that much ^^) but I think it is okay that it packs a liitle punch against those vehicles.
27 Oct 2015, 13:46 PM

1. This isn't coh1. If you want to compare it to a unit in coh1, the bike is the closest unit to compare it to, despite its appearance.
2. It is a scout car, not a light tank
3. It should be compared with every other factions scout car equivalent. Those being: M3, UC, Kubel and M20
4. Its timing and cost should be considered
5. It is not a hard counter to any Flak HT. It is a scout car, use it to scout.
6. It is not a hard counter to infantry. It is a scout car, use it to scout.

When all the above is considered, you'll see it is not in a bad spot.
27 Oct 2015, 13:49 PM

I think it just needs a more dedicated role and should get a proper cost adjusment then. But honestly I have never seen a 222 win against the Greyhound (probably because the commander isn't played all that much ^^) but I think it is okay that it packs a liitle punch against those vehicles.

It wins vs skirt upgraded greyhound, I play with greyhounds :foreveralone:
27 Oct 2015, 13:53 PM

1. This isn't coh1. If you want to compare it to a unit in coh1, the bike is the closest unit to compare it to, despite its appearance.
2. It is a scout car, not a light tank
3. It should be compared with every other factions scout car equivalent. Those being: M3, UC, Kubel and M20
4. Its timing and cost should be considered
5. It is not a hard counter to any Flak HT. It is a scout car, use it to scout.
6. It is not a hard counter to infantry. It is a scout car, use it to scout.

When all the above is considered, you'll see it is not in a bad spot.

compare it to a bike( or kubel) when 222 needs 40 fuel to tech to t2 and the fuel u need for building t2 and the 15 fuel for 222 is kinda, strange?. and m20 is superior in evry way i think, i doenst take much dmg from small arms and can lay mines. im fine with the unit btw, maybe up the fuel cost to 20-40 and increase it surviveability vs small arms
27 Oct 2015, 14:01 PM

compare it to a bike( or kubel) when 222 needs 40 fuel to tech to t2 and the fuel u need for building t2 and the 15 fuel for 222 is kinda, strange?. and m20 is superior in evry way i think, i doenst take much dmg from small arms and can lay mines. im fine with the unit btw, maybe up the fuel cost to 20-40 and increase it surviveability vs small arms

15 fuel for arguably the best scout car in the game (close call with M20, which has similar timing and cost), when you compare it to units such as M3 and UC is a good deal imo. No point comparing it to Kubel cost, as OKW have fuel penalty. When you factor in that, it's kinda comparable when you take into account timing/effectiveness.

All scout cars take small arms damage. It would be retarded for one not to take it. It's really quick, you should not be getting it killed by small arms fire, unless you've tried to use it as a light tank or you over extended it. If its been snared, well, such is the life of any scout car.
27 Oct 2015, 14:04 PM

15 fuel for arguably the best scout car in the game (close call with M20, which has similar timing and cost), when you compare it to units such as M3 and UC is a good deal imo. No point comparing it to Kubel cost, as OKW have fuel penalty. When you factor in that, it's kinda comparable when you take into account timing/effectiveness.

All scout cars take small arms damage. It would be retarded for one not to take it. It's really quick, you should not be getting it killed by small arms fire, unless you've tried to use it as a light tank or you over extended it. If its been snared, well, such is the life of any scout car.

i think you didnt read the part were i said I THINK THIS UNIT IS FINE BTW (!!!)
and i didnt compare it to kubel, someone else did it, wtf is wrong you lol
27 Oct 2015, 14:11 PM

i think you didnt read the part were i said I THINK THIS UNIT IS FINE BTW (!!!)
and i didnt compare it to kubel, someone else did it, wtf is wrong you lol

Not sure why you've gone on the defensive, I wasn't attacking you, but okay.

I compared it to the Kubel and bike from coh1. Why? Because it has the same role. You just can't compare it on paper, it's not as black and white as that. Why? Because you have to factor in timing and cost (fuel penalty).

People need to stop thinking this unit is a light vehicle counter. It's a scout car, that just so happens to counter all the other scout cars, due to timing and cost. That is the pay off with getting it later.

27 Oct 2015, 14:11 PM
Donator 11

222 is somewhat like puma (coh2 one ofc) - just like puma is more of a light tank counter than a light tank itself, 222 is more of a counter to other armoured cars that allies rely on early game while also having superb anti sniper and some anti infantry capabilities.

That said I liked old coh2 221/222 more as I could kill infantry with basic, cheap one and upgrade it when other ACs hit the field to counter them.
27 Oct 2015, 14:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2015, 13:12 PMNosliw

Discuss civilly please.

Maybe because it comes at the same time you first Lmg42 upgrade which is far enough AI power for such an early state of the game (+hmg42)

the unit is cheaper (mp/fuel/muni) than the m20 and still counter it, thanks to the royal gift given to Ostheer with the free upgrade.
27 Oct 2015, 14:20 PM

That said I liked old coh2 221/222 more as I could kill infantry with basic, cheap one and upgrade it when other ACs hit the field to counter them.

AFAIK it doesn't lose any of its ai capabilities with the auto canon. The 222 has the same ai as the old 221?
27 Oct 2015, 14:27 PM

222 needs upgrade ? lol u can rush with 1 or to be sure make 2 of them and u can easly destroy su76... so yeah
27 Oct 2015, 14:27 PM
Donator 11

AFAIK it doesn't lose any of its ai capabilities with the auto canon. The 222 has the same ai as the old 221?

It always feeled worse. That may be coused by the fact mg was acc based and autocannon is AoE based damage, so in best case the damage is the same but less consistent. The other factor is that 222 can destroy cover, cool thing but it also means it shoots cover instead of squads (the same factor as with IS-2 or tiger for example) so there is less damage. And last but not the least it costs more now, you could build 2 and upgrade only one before. Now one delays tech as much as 2 did before.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★