Login

russian armor

Remove the Weapon Racks from USF, add something else

27 Oct 2015, 02:44 AM

Agree with OP. This game lacks infantry shock value and the gameplay is less interesting because of it. In Vcoh there was BARs, group zeal, popping vet 2 on Grenadiers, etc. Ostheer used to have early game shock infantry with early T2 for Panzergrens but at some point they got nerfed to the really mediocre state they are in now. Unlocking grenades can be a bit of a shock upgrade but it heavily relies on catching someone sleeping, whereas new weapons or advanced armor benefit you even when the other guy is paying attention. The only true early game infantry shock value comes in the form of call-in units, which are restricted to certain doctrines plus many come at 3cp (which isn't really that much of a shock unit by that point).

I'm not crying buff US, would like to see all the factions receive changes that promote investing fuel for substantial infantry improvements early as an alternative to just getting a certain vehicle asap every game. BARs as a global upgrade, buffing PGrens, and reducing cost of Brit reinforcement to promote more section play would be a nice start.

I like the weapon racks. Having your soldiers suddenly pull out LMGs and Bazookas in the middle of a gunfight is silly.

Silly in what way, from a realism perspective? Almost everything about this game from Shermans surviving a penetrating Tiger shell to reinforced models having "vet" is unrealistic.

Two posts crying to make the USF stronger. I never say this but...L2P. Please post player card.

Its a design flaw. Ideas that improve faction design aren't automatically invalid just because that particular faction is currently performing well.

27 Oct 2015, 02:56 AM

they are fine its doesnt need changing, they would see more use if flamer, and mg upgrades werent so good.
27 Oct 2015, 07:52 AM

LOL ProBro LOL!!!

If i can ask Lelic I want weapon racks for everybody I will even pay cost for weapon upgrade.

- You can Equip instantly when retreat or go for heal
- Weapons for everybody no need to build one dedicated unit like PzGrens for shrecks (i wish double shreck pio doom squads or guards with multiple light-MGs ... how many slots they have?)
- from "useless" support units dedicated AT or AI with 2 weapon upgrades
- float munition? as US i doupt
27 Oct 2015, 09:26 AM

As soon as OKW and Ost gets dual equipping.

Finally there will be a counter to dual BAR blobs in the form of dual MG-34 Obersoldaten. Good luck and have fun.

Oh, and volksgrenadier with 60 munition panzershreck pickup. 120 muni for dual shreck in a shreck blob.

For Ostheer, how about dual shreck Pioneer blob, like how US have RE blobs. That too would be lovely.
27 Oct 2015, 09:30 AM

It's not too bad. I just wish the racks would be rotated to face inwards regardless of map position. It's a pain having to go through a base with crappy pathfinding to do so.
27 Oct 2015, 09:40 AM

Its fine as it is.

For the bonus of getting any weapon combination on any squad you want you need to get back to base.

Nothing wrong with it, except for the racks being at the end of the base on some maps.
27 Oct 2015, 10:15 AM

Remove dual equipping for upgrading in the field. Ya ok.

relic pls
27 Oct 2015, 13:53 PM
Donator 11

You know how to read bro ?
He said that UI can't hold 4 icons only 3 are allowed and u are talking about weapon slots...

Its not only GUI that cannot hold more than 3 icons in it but also grid key keyboard system where buttons T, G and B are ment to be used to buy 1st, 2nd and 3rd upgrade.

Also I understant that it is possible to change UI so that i could handle for example 6 upgrades but this is not needed and current system is what makes faction cool and unique among other factions (or at least it did before the system was copy-pasted for brits...)

But actually I find it ok that no more than 2 factions share same system:
- soviets and ostheer have upgrades that can be bought on friendly territory
- okw has upgrades that can be boughte anywhere
- usf and ukf have in base upgrades
Seems logical too me.
27 Oct 2015, 13:57 PM

Its not only GUI that cannot hold more than 3 icons in it but also grid key keyboard system where buttons T, G and B are ment to be used to buy 1st, 2nd and 3rd upgrade.

Also I understant that it is possible to change UI so that i could handle for example 6 upgrades but this is not needed and current system is what makes faction cool and unique among other factions (or at least it did before the system was copy-pasted for brits...)

I know that and i think it's nice that USF have that upgrade system. I said that only to him...
27 Oct 2015, 14:21 PM

Flavour.

Also there is nothing worse than to get your flamecar close to volks only to lose it to pulled-out-of-ass schrek.
27 Oct 2015, 14:28 PM

snipsnip

...Forum Thunder?

Also racks are fine...I mean, who doesn't love a nice, big rack; big enough that you can grope around and grab shite off of...
27 Oct 2015, 15:14 PM

I agree, I hate the racks. I liked them in concept when the USF faction was announced, but in practice, the racks are nothing but a nuisance. Two things I miss from CoH1 USA are the supply yard upgrade to decrease upkeep of infantry and the universal BAR upgrade.

Ceding map control to upgrade weapons is almost always a bad trade, especially so on large 2v2,3v3, and 4v4 maps where it takes forever to get back to where you were. On top of this USF don't have a non-doctrinal troop transport unit, so you are stuck hoofing it on foot the whole time.

The backwards-facing racks on some maps just add insult to injury on an already bad system.
27 Oct 2015, 22:15 PM

I like the weapon racks. Having your soldiers suddenly pull out LMGs and Bazookas in the middle of a gunfight is silly.

but yet the axis opponents on the other side can do that is ok and fair? i think not.
27 Oct 2015, 22:25 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Aside from making a possible weapon rack on the field so USF can grab weapons when the major arrives it's fine.

So as long as USF can dual equip weapons on any squad that has the slots, they shouldn't be allowed to buy in the field. The BAR is no LMG, but it's still no slouch in combat, especially for Rifles who want to remain mobile.
27 Oct 2015, 22:49 PM

Permanently Banned

but yet the axis opponents on the other side can do that is ok and fair? i think not.
dual equipping
27 Oct 2015, 22:51 PM
Patrion 14

dual equipping

People just keep forgetting that you can dual equip and put the weapons on any squads.

Hey guys, if you hate your USF weapon racks so much how about we trade upgrading on the field with allowing me to dual equip lmg42s on pioneers and grenadiers at base. I'll take that.
27 Oct 2015, 23:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2015, 02:12 AMGiaA
Yep pls remove everything that makes a faction unique...

This.

To the OP, don't break/change what is working. Going back to base isn't that much of a "loss", instead use your mind...1 squad at a time.

But if you are struggling with it, build a bridge and get over it.
27 Oct 2015, 23:06 PM

But if you are struggling with it, build a bridge and get over it.

LOL!:clap:
27 Oct 2015, 23:09 PM

D U A L
U
A
L

E Q U I P P I N G
Q
U
I
P
P
I
N
G

Racks have their upsides and downsides. Also consider that adding up to 3 additional upgrade buttons for every single USF infantry unit would be a nightmare for Relic. Especially true for units like REs if you go Infantry company, as they'd need a second row.

You can afford to send units back to base for weapons. Mass retreats happen in the first place, and if you're able to hold a forward operating base, then you can afford to send single squads back for a paltry amount of time. Tying the need to go back to base with versatility is completely nonsensical.

Above all, don't fix what isn't broken. (Front-facing racks on some maps would be really nice, but that's about it.)
27 Oct 2015, 23:16 PM

dual equipping

lol yea but they got to run ALL THE WAY back to base in order to do that while axis can do it on the fly. very convenient for axis while a pain in the ass for USF think about that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 43
Sweden 23
Poland 9
United States 15
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L