Login

russian armor

USF + Soviets 2v2

27 Oct 2015, 00:04 AM

Hey everyone
Me and my friend started playing 2s frequently together but we do have a problem and that is we rely on using 1v1 tactics we both play 2v2s as if we are playing two 1v1s and you can guess where that leads off to.
I use the USF and its the Allied faction I feel most comfortable with while my partner likes using Soviets and what I'd like to know is what strategies should we do together so we can help each other more and supplement the gaps in each others forces, how should USF and Soviets work together, help each other etc

Also I wouldnt mind links to good replays or youtube videos of USF+Sov 2s and would be interested in watching high level 2v2 USF+Sov teams

If requested I will upload replays of our next 3 matches or next loss (you can choose) so you can give better advice

P.S I dont think my partner has an account here but I will pass on the advice directed to him
27 Oct 2015, 11:21 AM
Donator 22

I can give you advises for USF 2v2 play.

You don't really rely on your mate in 2v2 until late game(or special enemy strat like sniper or kubel).

You're here to be aggressive. I mean REALLY aggressive.

First of all you should always go 2 RE squads , why ? It give you insane map control + it's cheap+ it will be usefull later + it can hold building until rifles come.

All my game I go : 2 RE + captain(or lieut if I go para + I prepare myself to the pack/ISG nerf, so even if I liked to use them, i'll not play them that much)+2 rifles + 1 Para if I went para(try tompsons, love it) company.

Use light tanks only if you fell you can handle them and have good map control, a faster jackson/priest/ ect will always be better than a stuart.

Upgrade BAR / M19 on.... RE. Theses mens are beasts, really. 2/3 RE behind 2 rifles + captain/lieut are a pain in the ass.

In end game, you're the tank hunter/siege master, Jacksons are really good + priest deny OKW HQ. Your mate will mainly focus on front tank like IS/T34 ect ect ect.

I'll upload a replay for you, it's double USF but it show you 2 really viable way to play USF in 2v2 (I'm rank 4 currently and CPU non standard is not noob player either).

My basic strat is : RE => rifle => rifle => lieut/captain => m1+ stuart/AA HT+ 0.50 cal => Weapon rack(or 3 cp m1919)/ ambu => Para/rifle/RE/ AT gun => Major => Jackson => Priest/Jackson.

Edit : Here come the replay :

27 Oct 2015, 13:28 PM

Early game, in team game you can decide to focus 1 side + mid, you push back the player in this side to his base and rush the other side while keeping a couple of Maxim + mine behind you. It is usually what you should do if you want to play "teamgame".

There are good synergy between USF and Sov,
USF support + Sov T1 = RE + fighting position + early ambulance to follow in the front line (means no hard retreat) / M3 rush + sniper/penals/cons.
USF assault + Sov T2 = Rifle spam / dodge + maxim/mortar + early Zis3, really effective vs a OKW who build his T1 too fast, too close to the middle.

Or like said above. Just be careful with what Barantah said, it works well if you have the same skill level with your mate, because otherwise you never know who's level match who in front of you.
27 Oct 2015, 14:04 PM

Thanks for the advice guys, any recommended vetoes?
27 Oct 2015, 22:06 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2015, 13:28 PMEsxile

Or like said above. Just be careful with what Barantah said, it works well if you have the same skill level with your mate, because otherwise you never know who's level match who in front of you.

Work well vs any rank (don't like skill anyway), with any ranked mate (Because you know, one game you will be ranked 10 +14 vs rank 400, and next be rank 10 + 600 vs rank 200+ 100). I don't see what could be wrong versus skilled player or I don't understand what you mean.

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2015, 14:04 PMmedhood
Thanks for the advice guys, any recommended vetoes?

Well shittelbruck + ecliptic + rehz winter + dusseldof + fifth that you don't like to play.

28 Oct 2015, 08:06 AM

Work well vs any rank (don't like skill anyway), with any ranked mate (Because you know, one game you will be ranked 10 +14 vs rank 400, and next be rank 10 + 600 vs rank 200+ 100). I don't see what could be wrong versus skilled player or I don't understand what you mean.

Well shittelbruck + ecliptic + rehz winter + dusseldof + fifth that you don't like to play.

It works if the rank/skill symmetry is respected. But if the game turn to be rank600 vs rank100 / rank100 vs rank600 the game is going to be decided by who's between rank100 going to stomp his direct opponent first before helping his mate.
In your case, it has little impact because both you and your mate are good so anyone of you can face any opponent. In a new team when skill gap is important between both players, it is preferable to go for teamplay rather than waiting to see who's going to be stomp first.

Anyway, going side A + mid or side B + mid is never a bad option. it let you control 2 vp + 1 fuel + 1 ammo early game, and when it's done, you switch on the other side.
9 Feb 2016, 14:02 PM

Whats the best standard build order for a calliope USF who plays 2v2 with a soviet Armored Assault/Shock Rifle? Should you go for T4 or just get Lieutenant/Captain and spend the rest of the money on Calliopes? How many M1919 should you get?
10 Feb 2016, 23:50 PM

Whats the best standard build order for a calliope USF who plays 2v2 with a soviet Armored Assault/Shock Rifle? Should you go for T4 or just get Lieutenant/Captain and spend the rest of the money on Calliopes? How many M1919 should you get?

There is no such thing as too much M1919. That thing is specially awesome Vs OKW.
11 Feb 2016, 12:34 PM

I see, but shouldnt you have a few Bazookas?
12 Feb 2016, 06:48 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

I have had success recently giving my ally a ton of allied supply drops as soviets. Doesn't work against OKW though. Against OKW I recommend getting a utility car and maxim spam.
12 Feb 2016, 06:48 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

I see, but shouldnt you have a few Bazookas?

No
12 Feb 2016, 07:56 AM

usf - my exact build order: 2 RE, 2 rifles, fuel cache, LT, m20, then bazookas for RE, then 1-2 50cal HMG and rush straight to sherman.

Meanwhile your soviet teammate spams maxims :snfPeter:
12 Feb 2016, 08:52 AM
Senior Editor Badge

As a Soviet player, I typically get two, even three Maxims. Two infantry squads (conscripts, maybe a shock squad if shock rifle frontline). Alternatively, you can get 2 Guards + 1 conscript.

After that, you'll either need an AT gun/T3 T70 or T3 and SU76.
If your mate goes with only 2 maxims, M5 w/ Quad .50 might be necessary for added suppression. Or you can get SU76 + M5 Quad for a healthy balance.

The issue is when you need AT. If you're fighting double OKW you may need SU76/early ZiS 3 to counter Luchs. Or, you may not need them if they went with ISGs to try to counter your maxims.

In the late game, soviet player can get IS2 (Shock Rifle/Armored Assault) or T34/85s (Advanced Warfare/Armored Assault).

There's an art to using maxims. gotta avoid the deathloop.

For USF builds, the strongest build at the moment is 3-4 rifles, captain, stuart, M5 Quad .50 cal, then calliopes. Usually you'll have fuel to spend between stuart/M5 and CPs for Calliope, so you can do a few things:
1) If you're winning, a second Stuart will help press your advantage
2) If you're high on your CPs for some reason, but a little low on fuel, you can get two Anti-Tank guns.
3) Major, 1-2 Jackson
4) Back tech to LT (usually if you only have 3 riflemen; 4 rifles + LT is too much) then get M20 to plant mines.
Also get M1919s on your rifles. Double M1919s will make you win almost every engagement 1v1 with your rifles.

Other good commanders are Pershing/Infantry. Pershing because it has mines/sandbags, Infantry because it has mines/sandbags and M1919. But it has no M5 Quad so you won't have that mobile, 360 degree suppression.

Encourage your soviet buddy to put mines everywhere: on roads, on paths that infantry have to squeeze through (break in a fence) in doorways. Trip wire flare mines, too. Try combining a TM35 w/ a demo.
Better yet, try combining a demo with an M20 mine to kill almost any axis vehicle.

If you go for a LT build with Sherman, you've got only light AT. If OKW rushes out a panther, that could be difficult or impossible for you to counter. Not having an AT gun can be a big issue.
12 Feb 2016, 09:48 AM

I'm not a pro player but in general I think that if you go for the LT as USF the soviet player should support you with his T2 anti-tank guns. And generally focus the most important areas of the map working together.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★