Login

russian armor

Optimization patch for the love of RNG gods

PAGES (9)down
27 Oct 2015, 00:44 AM

>Thread about performance
>No one posts what their fucking hardware is or any hardware.log for Relic to look at.

Hey guys, stop bitching and actually do something useful if you want the problem fixed.

I just ran through an hour long game at 8x speed and my memory usage sat around ~5GB the whole time. It immediately dropped back down to ~3 GB after I went back to the menu. I've never observed any sort of memory leak, but I can keep an eye out while playing. If you have 8 GB of system RAM or more, you should be fine.

I'm running the game currently at 4K at max settings (except for anti-aliasing) on a GTX 980 though, with 16 GB of RAM available. I used to play the game just fine on a 270x at 1080p with highish settings.

So lets see some system specs! Or really any sort of actually evidence of worse performance or memory leaks!

Stop +1ing each other and actually do something useful.

You can find your log files in your my documents/my games company of heroes 2 folder. The important one is "warnings.log".
27 Oct 2015, 00:47 AM

Freezes, bugsplats, input delay.

Thats worse than RNG.
27 Oct 2015, 01:09 AM

The guys who made Essence Engine dont work any more at relic and they are using same old engine for coh2, they have no clue in how to optimize it. I am a DOW fan and I just hope they wont use same engine for dow3,
27 Oct 2015, 01:17 AM

+1

Having to restart the game constantly to avoid in-game freezes and lag spikes is killing the enjoyment of the game.

It will also greatly hinder any sort of competitive growth we push for. No one is going to try and push the skill ceiling of the game when having to deal with frustrating stutter, lag, delay and bugsplats constantly.

@Dullahan - congrats on being able to play the game at max settings. Population, you. It's no coincidence that the vast majority of the community has been complaining about optimization since release. It's beyond awful unfortunately.

Then again you could just say that the entire community except for you has toasters and we're just needlessly QQing. FailFish
27 Oct 2015, 01:18 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

>No one posts what their fucking hardware is or any hardware.log for Relic to look at.

Hey guys, stop bitching and actually do something useful if you want the problem fixed.

I just ran through an hour long game at 8x speed and my memory usage sat around ~5GB the whole time. It immediately dropped back down to ~3 GB after I went back to the menu. I've never observed any sort of memory leak, but I can keep an eye out while playing. If you have 8 GB of system RAM or more, you should be fine.

I'm running the game currently at 4K at max settings (except for anti-aliasing) on a GTX 980 though, with 16 GB of RAM available. I used to play the game just fine on a 270x at 1080p with highish settings.

So lets see some system specs! Or really any sort of actually evidence of worse performance or memory leaks!

You can find your log files in your my documents/my games company of heroes 2 folder. The important one is "warnings.log".

You should settle down champ, no need to be vulgar. Isn't it kind of interesting that this is a widespread issue? Even with people who have good rigs this game runs like absolute horse shit. I have 16gb ram, FX-8350 Black and an Asus 290x and this game is actually pathetic when it comes to performance. It isn't a coincidence that most of the community has performance issues.

Pretty sad when other badly optimized games like BF4 run circles around this game. Having 60 frames then randomly drop to 5 fps periodically, even more so if you use tactical map, is absolutely GAME BREAKING. This kind of stuff can singlehandedly cost you games.

Good luck becoming esports with this environment.

Something needs to be done soon.
27 Oct 2015, 01:22 AM

27 Oct 2015, 01:24 AM

You should settle down champ, no need to be vulgar. Isn't it kind of interesting that this is a widespread issue? Even with people who have good rigs this game runs like absolute horse shit. I have 16gb ram, FX-8350 Black and an Asus 290x and this game is actually pathetic when it comes to performance. It isn't a coincidence that most of the community has performance issues.

Pretty sad when other badly optimized games like BF4 run circles around this game. Having 60 frames then randomly drop to 5 fps periodically, even more so if you use tactical map, is absolutely GAME BREAKING. This kind of stuff can singlehandedly cost you games.

I see the problem here. You are using AMD. *NVIDIA Fanboism* :sibHyena:
27 Oct 2015, 01:40 AM

+1

I'm glad some of the top players are weighing in. Maybe Relic will actually listen (doubt it).

This game runs terrible on my PC. And while it's not great (i7 870, 750ti, 16gb ram) every other game runs very well. When blizzards used to come in my 1v1 matches? Forget it. 15-20 fps on medium settings. MGS5, Rocket League, DCS World, Batman AA, Killing Floor 2, all run like butter.

Maybe if relic was convinced by $ega to make optimization a micro transaction we could get things going.
27 Oct 2015, 02:35 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

As someone who plays with tactical map, i dread every time i have a freeze.
27 Oct 2015, 02:56 AM

+1111111111111111111111111

RELIC

OPTIMIZATION PRIORITY NUMERO UNO

CHOP CHOP :new:
27 Oct 2015, 03:05 AM

After three or four games, there is a high likelihood of vehicles appearing as glossy pink.
27 Oct 2015, 03:34 AM

+1 tho I'm able to play on high settings, the game doesn't feel solid or safe at all. Your fear is no longer losing but bug splatting. When going to windows and returning to the game it will be bugged somehow. The lag spikes. The game is shit when it comes to performance and optimization.
27 Oct 2015, 04:11 AM

The game doesn't run perfectly, but if you're having drops to single digit FPS the problem isn't the game.
27 Oct 2015, 04:13 AM
Senior Caster Badge

+1 on optimization and hotkeys. I think Coh2 is the only game (after vcoh of course) which doesnt let you customize your hotkey. i mean for fuck sake retreat is on T and open minimap is on numpad 0, which is, for people who dont have a numpad on their keyboard utterly retard. Like what da fuck relic why you shittin on us so hard
27 Oct 2015, 05:16 AM

sometime i get matches where I auto-lose WTF?
27 Oct 2015, 05:37 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

The game doesn't run perfectly, but if you're having drops to single digit FPS the problem isn't the game.

So be the one to enlighten us as to what the reasons are for this event? I think most people, including myself, are inclined to believe it is the game at fault when they do not experience this event in any other game.

But please, let's just continue to use generalist statements like this and hope no one notices and ask us to explain.
27 Oct 2015, 05:43 AM

i am getting same issues as well like memory leak or severe lag like what jesulin said earlier
27 Oct 2015, 06:02 AM

So be the one to enlighten us as to what the reasons are for this event? I think most people, including myself, are inclined to believe it is the game at fault when they do not experience this event in any other game.

But please, let's just continue to use generalist statements like this and hope no one notices and ask us to explain.

Don't feed the troll. The guy is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Best to just ignore.

"Just don't look, just don't look!"
27 Oct 2015, 07:40 AM

I like it when I hear my Grens shout SCHEISSE GRENADE then the game freezes and I can't retreat.
27 Oct 2015, 10:06 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

CPU: Core i5 2500 @3.3GHz
GFX: EVGA GTX770 Classified 4GB (factory overclocked)
RAM: 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1600MHz G.Skill
MOBO: Asrock Z68 Pro3
HDD where COH2 has been installed: SSD Crucial M550 256GB
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2232BW @1680x1050 (16:10)

I can play the game with everything on maximum, or everything on lowest, (I keep vsync always disabled) I still have exactly the same issues: the game starts very smooth, 1vs1 sometimes even above 90fps, then at some point I get the first very small freeze and fps drop by a good amount, then again, and again, till the game gets to around 30fps or below. If I play another game it starts quite well again, but after a while I have exactly the same issue. After 2-3 games, or after being in the main menu for 30mins or more, I cannot play any game or there will be a lot of stuttering. So I close COH2 and open it again.

I would be glad to be taken by Relic as a test subject to run a test tool made by them to see what's going on.

I am glad you can play the game all on max with a constant 60fps but other users with top level rigs (Aimstrong with a 4790k and a GTX980ti and Seb, another Black Admin, with an i7 3770 and a GTX970) cannot play the game in full HD on a stable 60FPS, so clearly there's something weird going on. Seb specifically reported that his system (RAM, CPU, GPU) are not even used at 100%, yet the game cannot maintain a stable 60fps.

My warning log:

www.coh2.org/file/9834/warnings.rar

(atm I am running the game with everything on max except AA which is currently set on low since I'm playing mostly 2vs2,3vs3 and 4vs4 these days)

My run options: RUN-OPTIONS [-window -lockmouse -fullwindow -allowIncompatibleReplays -nomovies]

As I said, if a sort of inspector tool from Relic could be made to find out specifically on which moment of the game (and why) the fps drops happen I will gladly propose myself to use it and help them.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 42
Germany 765
unknown 20
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W