Login

russian armor

Optimization patch for the love of RNG gods

PAGES (9)down
29 Oct 2015, 16:52 PM

I currently play with 8GB and everything runs fine. Although I stick to 1v1s.

I monitored my game last night and it barely went over 1GB usage. Went down to 700-800MB after a match.

I'll do some more profiling in the coming days.
29 Oct 2015, 17:00 PM

1/5 games, my entire game just freezes for a few mins, hangs then crashes to the desktop. I've tried to re-install the game multiple times, using the lowest graphics settings and I'm still getting issues. Other games run perfectly fine, CoH2 is the only game I can barely play. Reminds me of early Battlefield 4, when that shit was unplayable.

That's why I don't play this game seriously anymore. The devs don't even give a shit lol.
29 Oct 2015, 17:29 PM

i-5 4570
8,0 GB Ram
GTX 770

CoH2 runs fine here. Everything on Max (except AA I think). No dramatic drops in FPS, 4on4 is fluid (except when there are like 20 sources of smoke and fire). There are some problems when a game has finished, the menu is really laggy and such, but that is a minor evil in my opinion.

I guess CoH2 is just not at all consistent on different rigs, even though they might be similar in power.
30 Oct 2015, 04:03 AM
Patrion 14

All of my crew (4 players in including me).

experience.

noticeably worse.

noticeably.

WORSE. Framerates...

not bandwidth lags. they still exist healthy and well. but actual graphical lag..
30 Oct 2015, 05:03 AM

It's simple, we kill the batman. Community leaders, is up to you to get a change like that. I think relic should have a team put in to completely start the game engine from scratch.
30 Oct 2015, 07:47 AM
Patrion 15

It is true... Relic don't answered in this tread because they don't have the balls to say how it is. NO OPTIMIZATION POSSIBLE !!!!!
31 Oct 2015, 09:56 AM

just wanted to throw my feedback as well:

OC'd rig: 4690k, 980ti, 16gb ram +ssd's;play 1440p,ultra,low AA 50-60fps; sometimes 4k ultra,lowAA 30-40

after upgrading from gtx 970's, Even with that 980 ti, it stutters, crashes, and has poor gpu utilization. No other game has caused me as much trouble as coh2 (even own arkham knight and never crashed from beginning). I still mod maps, buy most dlc (screw skin dlc) and do my best to enjoy it. There's so much wrong with this game. With all the dlc $, why can't they put together a team and work on fixing this game as a whole? they need to get a kickstarter going or something if they're SO broke because I love this game but it really is a little bastard sometimes.

This game needs:
1) FULL MOD TOOLS RELEASED ASAP
2) Noticeable performance optimization and lag/stutter fixes
3) A plan to make duplicate bulletins worth something or at least make bulletins useful/modifiable

Still love this game and let's keep this thread alive as long as possible. I read most of the the replies and feels great/sad that i'm not the only 1 with these issues
31 Oct 2015, 10:26 AM

Relic apparently said there is basically nothing else they can do with optimization.

Im convinced that without this, this game will not grow significantly ever again.

Also, i'm not buying the new commanders, hope others will do the same as protest.

Yup. The game was rushed for release because of the whole THQ issue (May they rest in peace). We can see that the codes and scripts are messy, which is obvious based on the amount of Copy-Pasted codes and the whole mess in attribute editor, just ask Cruzz.

That's not even the whole reason. Apparently the base engine codes are also messed up, which would be very costly to fix, they might as well release a new game if they want to fix the engine. The only way is to #Adapt
31 Oct 2015, 10:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2015, 10:26 AMRMMLz

which would be very costly to fix

That's exactly it.

There will be no optimisation for CoH2.

Except if the community makes a crowd funded campaign to raise funds for relic.

But even then...
31 Oct 2015, 10:49 AM

It's possible for them to fix it. It's just that fixing bugs doesn't generate revenue.
31 Oct 2015, 10:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2015, 10:49 AMvarunax
It's possible for them to fix it. It's just that fixing bugs doesn't generate revenue.

It does in fact generate revenues in a way, but it's a more long term strategy.

Optimizing the games allows more people to play it and is THE thing to do for e-sport.
31 Oct 2015, 10:54 AM

That's exactly it.

There will be no optimisation for CoH2.

Except if the community makes a crowd funded campaign to raise funds for relic.

But even then...

Lol, why the hell would we do this? Pay 60 bucks for a game and then raise money to fix the shit? I literally lold.

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2015, 10:49 AMvarunax

It might generate revenue. A lot of my fiends don't play, but the game because their rigs can't simply run the game smoothly. Remember that we had Free Weekends, so a lot of players would think the same. There would be a teeny tiny hope for E-Sports if they fix the goddamn performance issues.
31 Oct 2015, 11:25 AM
Benefactor 115

The game runs like shit but instead they chose to add more fancy flame particle effects adding more strain on people's computers.
31 Oct 2015, 12:25 PM

I get the constant freezes. I get the memory shooting up and filling my 12GB and then creating a pagefile. Every first time I open the tac map, it freezes for a few seconds.

To stream coh2 in obsmode, I have to do some ridiculous things:

1) remove all replays from my replay folder (if not I get frequent bugsplats)
2) try to alt-tab as infrequently as possible (this is impossible to avoid as I need to control many other programs whilst streaming)
3) spend the first few moments, after loading into the map, moving the camera around the map and opening and closing the tac map. The process of doing this gets some freezes out of the way while I am in another scene so the viewers don't have to see them.

It's kindof a nightmare.

The memory filling up and windows creating a massive pagefile (I should never need a pagefile, ever) is the biggest evidence that something is wrong with coh2.

Alt tab might be better in borderless windowed or similar modes, if you haven't already tried.
31 Oct 2015, 13:24 PM

I would cry manly tears of joy if they made a patch that would get rid of the hickus/unsmooth feeling. :blush:
31 Oct 2015, 14:23 PM
Patrion 14

I play the game on a low end laptop. But I never go down 25fps...
Disable replays, this makes a huge deal! Makes the game run so much smoother. I think there is something with the replay system.
31 Oct 2015, 15:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2015, 14:23 PMStafkeh
I play the game on a low end laptop. But I never go down 25fps...
Disable replays, this makes a huge deal! Makes the game run so much smoother. I think there is something with the replay system.

Absolutely right. The replay system had problems since launch and disabling it will drastically increase framerate (at least for me). But it does not solve random freezes.
31 Oct 2015, 15:28 PM

Agree with the memory leak problem and the general increase in ressource usage.

I disagree about the balancing problemms though. I think it looks much smaller than what we have been used to see.
31 Oct 2015, 16:34 PM

How about: Relic runs ads in the main menu to generate money for optimization!

31 Oct 2015, 17:56 PM
Patrion 14

The game runs like shit but instead they chose to add more fancy flame particle effects adding more strain on people's computers.

ha! when the commander naming competition was up, my friends and I were joking about how the okw one should be called "framerate killer commander".

p.s.

actually, the game performance is similar I'd say except for in "Lienne Forest".

everytime we play on the map, it lags a lot worse.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS