Login

russian armor

Optimization patch for the love of RNG gods

PAGES (9)down
28 Oct 2015, 14:04 PM

Optimize please! It's us guys with just average systems that really get it in the ass:
i5-4570T processor, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 730A dedicated graphics with 1GB memory

I can only run it on the lowest settings, and in a big 4v4 in a cluttered map ... my favourite message "Your performance may be falling behind the other players in the game. Consider lowering your graphics settings" ... or something like that ... I CAN'T LOWER THEM ANY MORE!! Huge freezes, orders followed after 3-5 seconds. Just LOL.
28 Oct 2015, 14:07 PM
Patrion 310

Optimize please! It's us guys with just average systems that really get it in the ass:
i5-4570T processor, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 730A dedicated graphics with 1GB memory

I can only run it on the lowest settings, and in a big 4v4 in a cluttered map ... my favourite message "Your performance may be falling behind the other players in the game. Consider lowering your graphics settings" ... or something like that ... I CAN'T LOWER THEM ANY MORE!! Huge freezes, orders followed after 3-5 seconds. Just LOL.

Your graphics card is pretty low end and will be the main reason the game doesn't run well for you.
28 Oct 2015, 14:10 PM

It runs lots of other thing fine .... people should not be expected to buy hi end machines to run a $60 game. There is no market for the developers in that. I never had an issue pre WFA.
28 Oct 2015, 14:15 PM

I don´t think relic is going to do anything about performance.
They will just continue selling dlc until dow3 or coh3 is on the horizon and just leave coh2.

We shouldn´t expect anything but minor bugfixes.
28 Oct 2015, 14:16 PM

The second the game wasn't made to run on two graphics cards was the second I knew something was wrong. No modern game shouldn't be able to run only on one GPU. ^ I must have had me about 15 Dr. peppers.
28 Oct 2015, 14:27 PM
Patrion 14

The ridiculous thing is I thought the British Forces trial ran better than the British Forces release... and as far as I could tell there was absolutely no difference.
28 Oct 2015, 14:58 PM

[..] Maybe I'm just a guy who doesn't like to spend time on proving things that already have been proven. So hey, go ahead and spend your time on sending screenshots to Relic cause no one has ever done that before.

If you don't want to contribute anything to identify the problem and are content to just whine, that's fine. But don't spew shit like "It's already been proven, no need to do anything" without actually linking to any supporting proof. Don't dissuade others from actually contributing something meaningful to this community.
28 Oct 2015, 17:41 PM

Relic's literally just said that "all major areas" where they can optimise, they have already done so. There's going to be no meaningful optimisation patch aside from the on-going small, incremental changes between "now and forever".

Not much to strive for since the game's culprits aren't going to be ironed out at this rate so it looks like it's throw absurdly expensive hardware at the game to compensate for the frame rate.

Prepare your butts and bend over, gentlemen.
28 Oct 2015, 17:43 PM

...and they want to turn coh2 into an esport :clap: Will be nice to watch esport being casted with freezes, hickup and decaying framerate :faint:
28 Oct 2015, 18:33 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

Can a moderator add a poll to the thread somehow?

With the options.

1. I have consistent and significant drops in performance over time.
2. Couple hiccups here and there but no major issues.
3. lol, I am a god with a godly rig and you plebs with toasters just need better setups.

28 Oct 2015, 18:41 PM

Can a moderator add a poll to the thread somehow?

With the options.

1. I have consistent and significant drops in performance over time.
2. Couple hiccups here and there but no major issues.
3. lol, I am a god with a godly rig and you plebs with toasters just need better setups.

You forgot:
4. lol, I am a god with a godly rig and stil have hiccups and significant drops in performance.
28 Oct 2015, 18:54 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

Add that too please
28 Oct 2015, 19:47 PM

This make my day so much better :lolol:
28 Oct 2015, 19:52 PM

Fun fack. When i alt+tab too many times out of coh2 i get bluscree of doom .

NOTE: i was with that PC in PC repair studio and they told me it is completely fine , it does not cause hardware , virus or OS or something ese. Also your system is up to date.

So thx LElIC
28 Oct 2015, 19:58 PM
28 Oct 2015, 20:38 PM

I don´t think relic is going to do anything about performance. They will just continue selling dlc until dow3 or coh3 is on the horizon and just leave coh2.

A realist. +1 :facepalm:
28 Oct 2015, 21:07 PM
Patrion 14

Its laughable I can run the automatch menu with 55 fps no problem, when I veta 4 or 5 maps it drops down to 12 fps :thumbsup:
28 Oct 2015, 21:13 PM

A lot of the optimization issues are rooted in, my opinion at least, in the sound files and the way servers handle chat. Usually sending chat messages causes a lag spike, especially in team games. Furthermore, certain sound files seem to lag up the game. Specifically, there is an artillery shell sound file that is either unique to the British faction, or appeared with the British, but whenever that artillery is going off, my game starts lagging like crazy.

I have found CoH2 to be completely unplayable since the British, and since WFA the general performance has declined steadily. At release I could play on medium settings, and even high and max settings for 1v1s and custom matches.

After WFA I could barely get the game to run on low and minimum settings on anything non custom/1v1.

Since Brits I can only play custom games against AI without the game coming to an untenable mess.

The menus have been extremely laggy and clunky for as long as I can remember.
28 Oct 2015, 22:14 PM

Where I'm from, to get change from a company that refuses to do so, you gotta hit their wallets. Once the money starts to stop, then the change starts. A well organized boycott would have an optimization patch on its way in no time.. forgive my extreme solution.
28 Oct 2015, 22:17 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

yeah that's all great and all, but there is no way a sizable amount of people will boycott buying the new commanders. This just has to be a long grindy battle until we get what we deserve.

PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight