Login

russian armor

Anyone worried new USF commander will make others obsolete?

23 Oct 2015, 00:45 AM

I am mainly a USF player and I love the sound of this doctrine. Every ability sounds really cool and useful. It's amazing that we'll finally have a reason to equip heavy tanks camos.

My concern is that this commander is so good it will outshine all others.

Won't need infantry company anymore, because you've got riflemen mines here.

With Rangers and Pershing, you've got two elite call-ins.

For defense you've got smoke, and on attack, you've got Combined Arms.

It really looks to me like this commander has no real weaknesses. It seems like the most balanced commander and also the strongest.

I suppose I might miss the P47 rocket run from Airborne, but as far as a "safe" commander that has all bases covered, I think this new commander is way above and beyond the others.

So I worry that the USF commander meta will become static after this new one is released.

Thoughts?
23 Oct 2015, 00:48 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Infantry still is the best indirect commander in the game by far.

Armor still has the best swarm potential

Rifle still has flamers vet rifles and phosphorus

23 Oct 2015, 00:55 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I was worried about that the moment I saw both Rangers and Pershings were in it.
23 Oct 2015, 01:11 AM

not if they release the calliope too , and pershing is not that good at all.

''800'' those numbers hurts me :foreveralone:
23 Oct 2015, 01:31 AM

Given the heavy price of the Pershing and lack of utility for Rangers, there might be matches where other options are more appealing.
23 Oct 2015, 05:05 AM
Donator 11

I honestly don't think the new commander will be all that good. Sure it looks awesome with rangers and pershing and it looked op when they announced it but after seeing the stats and gameplay on stream I really don't think it's that much, if at all, better than rifle/armor/infantry.

I'm concerned the pershing will make players shoot themselves in the foot by saving for it instead of investing in early/mid game pressure. I'm also concerned usf has too much bleed to afford more than 1, max 2 rangers squads and that if you lose one to mine/rng/nade it may well be gg. Also consider that getting rangers likely means not enough manpower for a .50 cal, pak Howie, safety at gun, or whatever else you want to get at around the 3 CP mark.

All that said I love to have both those units in the game. I just dont think they'll be all that amazing.
23 Oct 2015, 05:32 AM

Infantry still is the best indirect commander in the game by far.

Armor still has the best swarm potential

Rifle still has flamers vet rifles and phosphorus

With Infantry commander, USF indirect is even better than British (despite Lelic's faction flavor)
With Armor, USF can spam tank even better than Ruskies (cough cough T-34/76)
Rifle company gives best medium in the game.
23 Oct 2015, 05:47 AM

Rifle co was best overall commander for years, who cares.
23 Oct 2015, 06:04 AM

With Infantry commander, USF indirect is even better than British (despite Lelic's faction flavor)
With Armor, USF can spam tank even better than Ruskies (cough cough T-34/76)
Rifle company gives best medium in the game.

The Easy 8 is by far NOT the best medium tank in the game. Horrible speed and AI.
23 Oct 2015, 06:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2015, 00:55 AMVuther
I was worried about that the moment I saw both Rangers and Pershings were in it.

Agreed, Rangers and Pershing should not have been put in the same Commander. Rangers and Jumbo sure, but not Pershing. The two new Doctrines look like Relic was trying to make the new meta-doctrines.
23 Oct 2015, 06:41 AM

A lot of the other commanders were on their last legs and then the tech changes happened and drove the nail home, ahem AB :(
23 Oct 2015, 06:49 AM

I'll definitively not buy it, if its drop give a try for sure. But honestly this commander will suck you dry your MP and Fuel for having 1 ranger and 1 pershing on the field which is the opposite of what the faction is supposed to be.
My load out will remain: Armor + Infantry + turnover of other commanders.
23 Oct 2015, 07:13 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2015, 05:05 AMKeaper!

I'm concerned the pershing will make players shoot themselves in the foot by saving for it instead of investing in early/mid game pressure. I'm also concerned usf has too much bleed to afford more than 1, max 2 rangers squads and that if you lose one to mine/rng/nade it may well be gg. Also consider that getting rangers likely means not enough manpower for a .50 cal, pak Howie, safety at gun, or whatever else you want to get at around the 3 CP mark

Exactly my thoughts, USF is not a faction that can "stall" for a heavy tank, Brits and such are almost designed too stall for there tanks. I'm really curious how it'll then out. Probadly the only thing that will really change for USF is 4vs4 winrates.
23 Oct 2015, 08:05 AM

Pershing is the next medium tank with his 800 and there wasn't reason to put it in game because of it.

But I wonder about rangers. Game could be more tactical than ever (flank with rangers without sprint, and we should see less blobs because no more flamers and it could be too expensive if you gone for rangers blob.

I think, blobers will stayed with their FireBloberino Company but other players, who looking for tactical gameplay will buy this commander.
23 Oct 2015, 08:14 AM

I don't think overpriced comet limited to 1 and overpriced shocks without utility will make rifle company or even infantry or armor company obsolete in any way.

Want good examples of doctrines making other doctrines obsolete?

Go check out soviet doctrines without tanks/elite inf and ost doctrines without tiger/ele-then you'll know what obsolete means.

23 Oct 2015, 08:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2015, 08:14 AMKatitof
Go check out soviet doctrines without tanks/elite inf and ost doctrines without tiger/ele-then you'll know what obsolete means.

Mobile Defense and Ostruppen are still Ostheer popular choices. Soviet NKVD on the other hand is still a pile of sh!t, although Partisan see better day due to recent change.
23 Oct 2015, 08:45 AM

Mobile Defense and Ostruppen are still Ostheer popular choices. Soviet NKVD on the other hand is still a pile of sh!t, although Partisan see better day due to recent change.

And then we have defensive doctrines, sturm, infantry, there is this single player still using armored assault and so on.

Mobile defense and CAS are still popular, but that is because they provide additional options for ost and ost, unlike sov doesn't need to rely so heavily on doctrinal units, be it infantry or armor.
23 Oct 2015, 09:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2015, 08:45 AMKatitof

And then we have defensive doctrines, sturm, infantry, there is this single player still using armored assault and so on.

Mobile defense and CAS are still popular, but that is because they provide additional options for ost and ost, unlike sov doesn't need to rely so heavily on doctrinal units, be it infantry or armor.

List of useless original commander can go on, but we need to focus back to topic.

The new USF commander is still terrible all the way. People just overrate because of how Relic promote it.

Ranger does not have smoke or at nade like riflemen, cost higher than pgren, yet does not receive smg at start. They are stormtrooper at best, except cannot pop out from building.

Pershing has only 800hp unlike any other heavy tank but cost 230 fuel. Unless RNG is with usf player, Pershing will be perished quickly to any atgun field.
23 Oct 2015, 09:10 AM

I'm a bit worried that the M26 will be too stronk! And also I'm a bit worried that the Hetzer will become the new Crocodile when it comes out.
23 Oct 2015, 09:13 AM

I dont think the Pershing will be as great as everyone thinks.
Stats seem to agree.

Rifles are strong.. If people stop spending munitions on RNG nukes and get some bars, (Or bazookas) Why do you even need Rangers? Its just more expensive bleed and not needed.

I do like a good off map to dislodge while you attack or flank, but its all situational and reactionary.

I dont even care for the EZ8 as much, worse AI, better AT, more expensive.
Meat shield and Jackson is the way to go against heavy tanks. Regular sherman does just fine against P4. EZ8 still loses to panther, so.. (not that rifle company is not a great pick..)

Mines are always good, and the Pershing will prolly be decent, but imo its way over hyped. (which is not a bad thing - just dont go get ya'll hearts broken ok?) :)

Besides, opening strats you face, or maps, should still be the main decisons for commander selection. Pershing commander wont really 'help' against a ostrupen opening for example.

Sure, it will help you After you have faced the core strength of the strat, by adding a decent tank, with no late game call in for the ost.

Still, you possibly lost your early game and you are just boring yourself doing the same shit every game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 5
South Africa 0
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak