Login

russian armor

Open letter to Relic.

• This thread is locked
21 Oct 2015, 19:06 PM

Dear Relic,
thank you so much for giving us the brits in company of heroes, really thanks so much. Hopefully you can detect the sarcasm there as the game in its current state is almost unplayable, that is for the 3v3 and 4v4 aspect of the game which of course requires 6+ people for testing god forbid - yes this sets the tone.
You have to wonder with all the pretty cool voice acting additions to the game Relic have miscalculated their budget and under employed their testers and QA to the point their only tester/QA is Jonny who comes in once a week on a Friday afternoon to keep a seat warm who secretly believes a fantasy of Britain dominating in Europe at the start of ww2 through their great use of tanks, long range Vickers and superior banter.
Let’s break it down as to why the brits are so broken. The biggest gripe is the centaur, this early game tank appears on the field when very little at the time can stop it. The centaur wipes your infantry faster than a relic employee gives up on performing a unit test, even faster when it pops out of the shadows on a squad already engaged with losses. Another amusing oversight is garrisoned troops die even faster as they are standing at windows enabling precision strikes to the forehead from the centaurs 1939 lasers. At this point the only viable counter is a stugg 3 or a well defended pak which will fend off centaur from the front lines for the time it takes to eat a crumpet.
Failing to protect the early stugg investment your lines will fold faster than a hot mars bar and you will be left sitting in your base praying your adversary shows some compassion or is bored of 15 minute games and not capture your fuel income.

Worse can be said of the okw counter, a jagdpanzer expensive at 135 fuel, slower, has no anti inf capabilities(these don't balance the better main gun than the stugg) and because of the higher fuel cost you are left in the field of combat longer holding your John Thomas waiting for something to scare the centaur off. Mid-Late game both these tanks unless roaming in packs of 2's or 3's(very hard for okw) will not stand up to the next stage of that game that will see Britain’s very own blitzkreig coupled with an overhead bombardment of airpower not seen since pearl harbour or the soviet levelling the German occupied part of Stalingrad - I'm not kidding here you will feel the effect of the British player left clicking "select area to delete all units". If you happen to be okw and with a fhq there and haven't retreated faster than a Frenchman back to home HQ then you really are up s**t creek without a paddle and hope your team mates support your vote of surrender to end the humiliation.
If the above air support is not baring down on you with bombs then expect another form of terror coming from the clouds in the form of commandos. They are the fleshy version of centaurs that can wipe your units in a flash. If you don't see these guys drop in behind you are royally screwed, you can bet your foe will go for nice soft target like the backs of your static guns you were hoping to keep alive to slow onslaught of the brits blitzkreig. Your foe will be falling off their chair loling watching you try move/retreat paks and machine guns to the theme tune of Benny Hill.
Other minor gripes are the Croc tank, this beast is just a rolling shell sponge. Anything near this beast that is not more potent than a panther is a cooked sausage or a canned cooked sausage. Static mortar positions are a nightmare. They are hard to kill - the brace is stupid imo, why does 4 men hugging mortar tube make then hard to destroy than some medium tanks? With their 2 tube salvos combined with arty and air strikes in the mid-late game you are more likely to see a new Italian reinforcements doctrine than a squad with all its models at the front line.
So Relic please test before you release. 3v3 and 4v4 games yes I know Jonny needs to play other people so maybe start a user testing group with the community. If you are going to bring out high dps units on one side think about a nullifier or equal dps on the opposing side that can be used around the same time. Rant over.
Regards, CyberdyneSystems ex coh fan.

p.s I am British.
21 Oct 2015, 20:07 PM

rage much?

And to be constructive, the new patch will sort out most of your issues
21 Oct 2015, 20:50 PM

I've got my beady eyes on this thread, make something good of it or it becomes invisible.
21 Oct 2015, 21:01 PM

Alright, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't both the Centaur and Air Supremacy getting nerfed in the Oct 29th patch? If I recall correctly, Centaur is getting accuracy and/or damage nerf and Air Supremacy is getting AOE/splash damage nerf.

On a different note, are you saying that a Centaur can stand up to a Stug III?
21 Oct 2015, 21:02 PM
Donator 11

Junaid speaks truth. The next patch will nerf the crocs and churchs along with airstrikes and centaurs. You have endured much pain my brother. It will soon be over :D
22 Oct 2015, 13:41 PM

Yeah I mean, I know the pain of crocs, and air superority and other brit gimmicks, but hopefully new patch will fix. I'm more concerned about how IS will cost less to reinforce than grens after that patch
22 Oct 2015, 13:45 PM

Paragraphs!

Also, my fav part was when he whined that dedicated TD doesn't have any AI. :thumbsup:
22 Oct 2015, 13:47 PM

Sigh
22 Oct 2015, 14:08 PM

Should have made a closed one instead to save some face.
22 Oct 2015, 14:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2015, 13:45 PMKatitof
Paragraphs!

Also, my fav part was when he whined that dedicated TD doesn't have any AI. :thumbsup:

Oh, but its okay for example that the centaur can easily kill jp4s and stug with a few bursts in their behind or straifht up wins vs p4 from behind? I mean, its AA/AI after all and shouldnt have AT capabilities, right?

Relic, as with most new releases, just made just about everything roughly twice as strong as would be reasonable for brits (bofors, centaur, commandos, air supremacy, crocs, wasps, churchill definitely at least) and now they're playing whack-a-mole, nerfing the most OP unit every month (and most likely fucking up balance somewhere else in the process).

Doesn't make it right that brit players get "free" wins just for buying DLC for qbout 2-3 months.
22 Oct 2015, 14:41 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2015, 14:36 PMcr4wler
centaur can easily kill jp4s and stug with a few bursts in their behind or straifht up wins vs p4 from behind

Oh god, not again.
22 Oct 2015, 15:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2015, 14:36 PMcr4wler

Oh, but its okay for example that the centaur can easily kill jp4s and stug with a few bursts in their behind or straifht up wins vs p4 from behind? I mean, its AA/AI after all and shouldnt have AT capabilities, right?

Yes, its fine, because slower tanks aren't usually sitting on the rear of faster tanks, unless you have learned how to a-move while reversing.

And if you want to theorycraft, then here is some food for thought for you:

222 can kill ISU from behind, it can also kill IS-2 that doesn't have DSHK pintle upgraded by circling it.
I suppose its high time we finally nerfed that imba 222. <444>_<444>

Relic, as with most new releases, just made just about everything roughly twice as strong as would be reasonable for brits (bofors, centaur, commandos, air supremacy, crocs, wasps, churchill definitely at least) and now they're playing whack-a-mole, nerfing the most OP unit every month (and most likely fucking up balance somewhere else in the process).

Doesn't make it right that brit players get "free" wins just for buying DLC for qbout 2-3 months.

No, it doesn't work that way.
No amount of testers will even provide accurate feedback that would prevent all and any imbalance, ESPECIALLY if relic does balance changes between the closure of alpha and release of the game.

You don't release a whole new army and expect it to be balanced right out of the bat, because its impossible.
22 Oct 2015, 15:07 PM

I understand the frustration but putting your mind to working out a strategy to counter those annoying things on the Brits is kinda taking my mind off raging about it, Just a thought

11/10 for effort on the letter though, Many laughs
22 Oct 2015, 15:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2015, 15:05 PMKatitof

Yes, its fine, because slower tanks aren't usually sitting on the rear of faster tanks, unless you have learned how to a-move while reversing.

222 can kill ISU from behind, it can also kill IS-2 that doesn't have DSHK pintle upgraded by circling it.

Yeah....exactly. only that the 222 actually is supposed to kill vehicles :-)

Another noteworthy thing here: 222 main weapon is small arms, so no scatter. For the centaur with its accuracy and scatter, even most misses hit. Definitely when shooting at tanks.

No amount of testers will even provide accurate feedback that would prevent all and any imbalance, ESPECIALLY if relic does balance changes between the closure of alpha and release of the game.

You don't release a whole new army and expect it to be balanced right out of the bat, because its impossible.

Yeah, thats right too. Nobody could have built a pre nerf bofors and seen that it instawipes units. Or nobody could have looked at croc hp/armor and thought "that might be over the top". Impossible... thats also why, when tigerace got intoduced, it shot lasers with 100 range that oneshot everything. And it had 10k hp. You can't expect a balanced unit after all. Not even remotely.
22 Oct 2015, 15:31 PM

Let the rage be ever in your favour
22 Oct 2015, 15:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2015, 15:05 PMKatitof

Yea you cant Expect from a tester to find stuff like sniper ingoring retreat Bonus, bofors and centaurs wiping squads in houses in 2 seconds, or that croc with 1600hp might be a bit too much? Concentrated arty doesnt Need los and comes really really fast but hey these Werent obv at all,right? Most balance issus Arent some secret Strat or a special combination of units which would make find op stuff as Tester harder.
Just look at Cruzz Bugs List, brits have so many things which got taken away from every other faction.

Just Accept they do this on purpose for the moneyz and go on..
22 Oct 2015, 15:43 PM

OP doesn't seem to be up to date to a certain patch that is coming by the 29th. Also, OP thinks 22 should kill vehicles, hence, it is AT, by his definition. I do agree that the Centaur, as of right now, is OP, but still, how did it end behind Op's vehicles for long enough to kill them?

What concerns me now is the said reinforce cost of IS's, which should be a little higher. On another note, maybe, with all the changes and if we compare accross the factions, some units are overpriced, like Penals, PG's, the airdrop from recon company, P4, KT and Stuka
22 Oct 2015, 17:21 PM

Goood, good let the butt hurt flow through you
22 Oct 2015, 17:41 PM

It´s right, that the Oct. 29th is facing many problems. But was this really necessary? I mean I took part in the balance Beta and it was clear that commandos and churchills are over the top and not balanced. So the question arises why every DLC/Stand alone expansion Relic produced contained units/factions that were OP. To name them DoW 1: Necrons, Dark Eldar, Adeptus Sororitas; CoH 1: PE (just remember the AC in the beginning) or of course Brits (Kangaroo, commandos, over repair). I really love all this games, but the continuity of these releases make me worry. Is it because Relic developers simply play different (no exploiting etc.) or they don´t have the money/staff to allow proper testing? I just don´t get it in some cases...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★