Login

russian armor

USF African American RETs

21 Oct 2015, 03:41 AM

I just found an interesting post on the official forums of CoH 2 seems that the USF RETs were not always Caucasian and that relic had sound files on them it wud be interesting now if relic added them in the game for diversity just like brits. what do you guys think?

here is the link:
http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/226791-thoughts-on-the-rear-echelon-possibly-originally-being-african-americans/page2
21 Oct 2015, 04:41 AM

The repair lines could be used for a certain heavy tank, especially if the voice actor was still on the books ;)

testifying time.

along the same lines, there are also lines refering to V rockets/Me262's sooooo... anythings possible. who knows what sort of dreams relic are harbouring.
21 Oct 2015, 04:48 AM

I wish they would put them back in. Soviets gets female snipers and crews. UKF gets different commonwealth soldiers. This would have been really cool.

I bet they thought the weakest unit being black might offend people. But their decision to exclude them entirely is sad.
21 Oct 2015, 05:15 AM

I wish they would put them back in. Soviets gets female snipers and crews. UKF gets different commonwealth soldiers. This would have been really cool.

I bet they thought the weakest unit being black might offend people. But their decision to exclude them entirely is sad.

its never too late for them to add them since the sound files are there and if we put pressure on them
21 Oct 2015, 07:29 AM
Patrion 15

I've invis'd a couple of posts earlier than I would have liked - lets try and keep this clean. :-)
21 Oct 2015, 07:31 AM

I've invis'd a couple of posts earlier than I would have liked - lets try and keep this clean. :-)
dude was being sarcastic i was just giving him the what for
21 Oct 2015, 07:58 AM

There would be uproar in the US.
Honestly, there are always people being upset.
It would start with "Why are only the Rear Echolns black, is it because they suck?"
In fact the US in that time had only a few black soldiers and even less at the front line. Segretation was strict back then but today's good minds won't accept that.

Reminds me of Southpark's Operation Human Shield:

21 Oct 2015, 08:57 AM
Patrion 27

Black troops played a significant role in the Ardennes and I would be proud to see them represented in COH2. Maybe as some of the
tank crews,
infantry,
Artillery or in support of Airborne.

Even if it was just the Rear Echelon it would still be SOME representation of these brave men's contribution to the war. If trolls want to make racist remarks about them in-game... well they make racist remarks regardless so I don't really see the issue.
21 Oct 2015, 09:05 AM

Black troops played a significant role in the Ardennes and I would be proud to see them represented in COH2. Maybe as some of the
tank crews,
infantry,
Artillery or in support of Airborne.

Even if it was just the Rear Echelon it would still be SOME representation of these brave men's contribution to the war. If trolls want to make racist remarks about them in-game... well they make racist remarks regardless so I don't really see the issue.

same here, give credit for where credit is due
21 Oct 2015, 09:24 AM

I read somewhere that African-Americans were banned in the army, or were recruited in small numbers.

I remember their old voice lines from Alpha, and I didn't like them. Not because they sound black, but because they sound bad ass but they are the weakest unit in the entire game.
21 Oct 2015, 10:37 AM
Donator 33

They should have added them, all you talk about is how weak the rear echelons are, but you dont remember how strong their suppression ability was when WFA got released, they even had a full auto bazooka, and the French used alot of soldiers from North Africa in their army, to do some "heavy fighting" much like the Penal Battalions in Soviet Union
21 Oct 2015, 11:56 AM

Well, like I said in the official forums thread, I kinda get why they removed them. I think if they wanted to add them again they should also add a chance of a tank crew being black, including their models, not just their voice lines.

They could've actually made a good campaign with this too, maybe about the 761st Tank Battalion or something.

EDIT:

Actually I think the USF just lack character in their voices in general. They could've given the units some more regional accents like Italian New Yorker, Southern, etc.
21 Oct 2015, 12:04 PM

When politicial correctness reaches a Ww2 game. In reality Blacks were heavily discriminated in the American society and army. (Some exclusions like the Red tails but even that screams for racism because puttIng a unit together just on Skin color?)
Are osttruppen properly Modelled with east/slavic faces?
21 Oct 2015, 12:21 PM

No one is asking for "political correctness" (AKA not being a dick), they are asking if existing assets could be added to the game for some flavor.
21 Oct 2015, 12:26 PM

No one is asking for "political correctness" (AKA not being a dick), they are asking if existing assets could be added to the game for some flavor.

Sorry missunderstood the content of the last few posts then about Credit Where credits belong and so on. Not a native english speaker
21 Oct 2015, 12:30 PM

I would have liked to see them. But I can also understand why they were not included. Rear Echelons, Engineers, Pioneers etc. are supportive units. They repair and build stuff... their focus isn´t on fighting but "servicing" your troops. This would look kind of wrong with a unit completely consisting out of Afro-American models.

Though I think this could have been prevented by witty voice lines or by introducing them alongside the white RE troops.

Btw: They should introduce Austrian troops for the Axis. They would neither be able to speak English nor German. :luvDerp:
21 Oct 2015, 12:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2015, 12:30 PMButcher
I would have liked to see them. But I can also understand why they were not included. Rear Echelons, Engineers, Pioneers etc. are supportive units. They repair and build stuff... their focus isn´t on fighting but "servicing" your troops. This would look kind of wrong with a unit completely consisting out of Afro-American models.

Though I think this could have been prevented by witty voice lines or by introducing them alongside the white RE troops.

Btw: They should introduce Austrian troops for the Axis. They would neither be able to speak English nor German. :luvDerp:

I remember a documentation that most afro americans were deployed in Pioneer batallions to build stuff etc, would be historical but political incorrect
21 Oct 2015, 12:42 PM
Patrion 14

There would be uproar in the US.
Honestly, there are always people being upset.
It would start with "Why are only the Rear Echolns black, is it because they suck?"
In fact the US in that time had only a few black soldiers and even less at the front line. Segretation was strict back then but today's good minds won't accept that.

pretty sure that will not happen.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS