Login

russian armor

USF African American RETs

21 Oct 2015, 16:58 PM
Honorary Member Badge

dude was being sarcastic i was just giving him the what for

If you quote a post and that post gets invised then so does yours.
21 Oct 2015, 17:02 PM

Well, would make more sense than a black Heimdall or black people in a northern fiction like Witcher 3...
21 Oct 2015, 18:55 PM

Come on. The game is full of slurs for Russians and Germans. ("Krauts", "Huns", "Ivan shoots as bad as he smells", "Primitive bastards" anyone?). And as a Kraut I must say, I like it.

Not everything has to be taken deadly serious. It helps to create an atmosphere and it´s often funny.

Not including black REs is a missed chance imo.
21 Oct 2015, 21:27 PM

We need a commander with elite RE troops that are black.
21 Oct 2015, 21:40 PM

Comedians have largely stopped performing in American colleges due to how politically up tight everyone there is. This was a venue that they had largely historically performed at. The problem is this: You cannot say anything that isn't specifically derogatory to the one demographic that you can legally discriminate against. If you do, the political correctness police are on you like stink on shit.

That said, yes you should be able to have fun with a game, like units saying funny stuff. But if comedians can't get away with it, can Relic?

22 Oct 2015, 22:40 PM

Rear Echelon African-American troops were being brought up to the front line and reorganized into Provisional Rifle Platoons to replace combat losses within the infantry battalions of armored divisions. This means they would've been organized into proper rifle squads and equipped with M1 Rifles, not carbines.

Interestingly there is a weapon named m1_garand_rifle_rear_echelon_mp, it's slightly better at close range than the Carbine, but slightly worse at long range. Would be cool to see a black "Provisional Rifleman Squad" as a Commander call-in or timed ability like Rapid Conscription.

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2015, 18:55 PMButcher
Come on. The game is full of slurs for Russians and Germans. ("Krauts", "Huns", "Ivan shoots as bad as he smells", "Primitive bastards" anyone?). And as a Kraut I must say, I like it.

"Primitive bastards" is only used by Panzergrenadiers when facing the Maxim, they say "Get a real machine gun you primitive bastards!"
23 Oct 2015, 05:52 AM

I'm working in an IT company. We develop spam filters for emails and anti virus software.
We have a blacklist (for mails from an address that will be filtered all the time) and a whitelist (for mails that won't be filtered ever).

There was a big uproar from our US sales partners because the term "blacklist" is racist. No joke.

Well es tut mir sehr Leid, dass wir nicht wie Deutschland sind, wo man einen schwarzen Fußballspieler sieht und sofort das N-Wort ruft und über Ghettos spricht. :nahnah:

There's lots of black people in the United States, and there's lots of discrimination against them. You have to keep that in mind when you start complaining about the "PC police," etc. Do people get silly at times? Sure, but it's also a real problem. I wouldn't make fun of Germany for not letting people walk around with swastikas because there's some history behind that decision. Oh, by the way, speaking of PC stuff affecting the game, whose fault do you think it is that we can only have the iron cross on German units? Clearly, PC is not just an American thing. :p

(I meant that all in a joking way, sorry if it sounded otherwise).

My take on including black RET - the USF wasn't exclusively white in real life, so it's weird that they're exclusively white in the game. Including one or two black units would have been nice, since they were part of the US army. I would just have given both RET and rifleman squads a random chance of being black instead of white. There, problem solved. They're the same as the white version so probably no one will complain.

nee
23 Oct 2015, 13:18 PM

Fighting Position an base HMGs should be black people, that would be a subtle but cool addition. If anyone notices and asks, well there that's a history lesson right there.

In terms of the technical hurdles it's not any different from male/ female snipers and their respective portraits/ sounds.
23 Oct 2015, 18:00 PM

FWIW,look up the Buffalo Soldiers (92nd infantry division) and Black Panthers (761st Tank Battalion). Both served in WW2 with distinction. Yes, America military was segregated then, but these men served well.

From Patton to the 761st:
Men, you're the first Negro tankers to ever fight in the American Army. I would never have asked for you if you weren't good. I have nothing but the best in my Army. I don't care what color you are as long as you go up there and kill those Kraut sonsofbitches. Everyone has their eyes on you and is expecting great things from you. Most of all your race is looking forward to your success. Don't let them down and damn you, don't let me down! They say it is patriotic to die for your country. Well, let’s see how many patriots we can make out of those German sonsofbitches!
24 Oct 2015, 05:05 AM

I strongly support this, i hope relic is listening.
24 Oct 2015, 14:59 PM

Why are there no Strayian infantry sections? Relic you racist sons of a bitches

I want my rats of tobruk

#notoracism
#endthepatriarchy
#australianlivesmatter
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L