Login

russian armor

Incorrectly labeled signs at OKW base truck

23 Oct 2015, 10:35 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2015, 10:24 AMQbix

Aww, you almost got my point. What is the point of wasting time and space talking about it, then, sarcastic or not, if it won't change anyway? Keep your snide remarks to yourselves, it's not making the reading experience in this board any better.

I don't seem to get the point you are trying to make in the last sentence. You state I am not making the reading experience on this board any better. You are not forced to read any of my comments, neither am I entitled to making sure you as a reader have a good experience on this board.

I agree with you on the point of wasting time, yet it is still fun to ask Relic on the spot and always see them dwindle around a straight up question and never giving any straight up answer to any of the big problems :)
23 Oct 2015, 10:59 AM

The rego plates don't match up with the generator trailer either! The slack traffic cops need a "re-education" by the Gestapo..
23 Oct 2015, 16:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2015, 10:24 AMQbix

Aww, you almost got my point. What is the point of wasting time and space talking about it, then, sarcastic or not, if it won't change anyway? Keep your snide remarks to yourselves, it's not making the reading experience in this board any better.

Lecturing someone over the internet?

LOL

Are you also aspiring to be a hero?
23 Oct 2015, 16:40 PM

This is such a small detail not everyone can see. Just remember in the American version of the game the call out for VP points when the enemy hits 100(?) is incorrect.

Voice says:
"The enemy forces has 100 points remaining!", which should of course be:
"The enemy forces have 100 points remaining!", and this from native English speakers.
24 Oct 2015, 07:04 AM
Patrion 14

Well, he's also talking about bleeding like a "stuffed pig" when he should be saying it's a "stuck pig", as in stuck with a knife. I just think it's deliberate, with the radio man being too stressed out to care.
24 Oct 2015, 10:27 AM

Not as cringe-worthy as the doctrine names, where they randomly put German and English words together. :D

"Festung Armor" Doctrine: "Fortress Armor" Doctrine.

WTF is that supposed to be?

"Jäger Armor" Doctrine: "Hunter Armor" Doctrine.

Jagdpanzer/ Panzerjäger Doctrine would have been correct. A "Hunter Armor" Doctrine is bullshit. Now the best thing: They translated the mistake into the German version.

Not really a big problem of the game, but I wonder whether it is so hard to get some German speakers in Canada?
24 Oct 2015, 11:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2015, 10:27 AMButcher
Not as cringe-worthy as the doctrine names, where they randomly put German and English words together. :D

"Festung Armor" Doctrine: "Fortress Armor" Doctrine.

WTF is that supposed to be?

"Jäger Armor" Doctrine: "Hunter Armor" Doctrine.

Jagdpanzer/ Panzerjäger Doctrine would have been correct. A "Hunter Armor" Doctrine is bullshit. Now the best thing: They translated the mistake into the German version.

Not really a big problem of the game, but I wonder whether it is so hard to get some German speakers in Canada?

And why are you ranting so much? I see that you are German, but Coh was always about that pseudo-authenticity, you should have already figured it out. Festung Armor and Jäger Armor may be incorrect but for non-native speakers (or at least for me) they doesn't sound cringeworthy, but kinda cool.
24 Oct 2015, 12:21 PM

And why are you ranting so much? I see that you are German, but Coh was always about that pseudo-authenticity, you should have already figured it out. Festung Armor and Jäger Armor may be incorrect but for non-native speakers (or at least for me) they doesn't sound cringeworthy, but kinda cool.

I Support the idea, Let's rename Panzer 4 to tank 4. :bananadance:
24 Oct 2015, 12:39 PM

You are so off the point it's not even funny :snfPeter:
24 Oct 2015, 12:42 PM

That wasn´t supposed to be a rant. I should have put more smileys into my comment.

I know all this is pseudo-authentic, but it´s still annoying. If you can do it right with little effort then do it right. <444>3

It is lazy... much like how the British or Commonwealth are just referred to as English in a lot of German translations.
25 Oct 2015, 01:47 AM
Patrion 28

armour 4.
25 Oct 2015, 02:45 AM

there is also bltzkrieg doctrine and a lightning war doctrine.
25 Oct 2015, 03:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2015, 02:45 AMNinjaWJ
there is also bltzkrieg doctrine and a lightning war doctrine.

called both blitzkrieg in German version :clap:
25 Oct 2015, 03:08 AM

Oh ... my ... GOD! This is unacceptable relic! >:(
Drop everything and fix this right now. Screw the pershing. Screw pack and leig nerfs.

Entire October patchnotes:

Fixed signs

:thumb:
25 Oct 2015, 03:40 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

called both blitzkrieg in German version :clap:

So I'm guessing Lightning War doesn't sound very cool to German ears
25 Oct 2015, 06:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2015, 12:42 PMButcher
That wasn´t supposed to be a rant. I should have put more smileys into my comment.

I know all this is pseudo-authentic, but it´s still annoying. If you can do it right with little effort then do it right. <444>3

It is lazy... much like how the British or Commonwealth are just referred to as English in a lot of German translations.

I agree with you. I know nothing about German language but I some times know that translations are wrong, and I don't like that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★