Login

russian armor

Coh still cranking

25 Oct 2015, 11:40 AM

Another "my game was the greatest they should support it" circle jerk thread. And on top of it you want it free? Do you live in the real world? while were at it they should patch Half life 2, im sure that makes tons of money today.

Look, it doesnt get support like all old games because there is no money in it. Nothing is free, they cant go spending their time on shit that doesnt matter. Would you spend hours working on a project for free? they dont do this as a hobby, they need a living.

I notice they're still prepared to charge people for the game they're not supporting. Also, Vcoh after 6 years still had a better player base and a better esports side than COH2. COH2 *still* lacks in-game ladders... that's fucking ridiculous with the amount of overpriced paid DLC that's got stuck onto it.

I don't think it's unfair to suggest that the complete botch job made on COH1's transition to Steam was not improved upon because it incentivised VCOH's playerbase into moving to the less feature-complete, worse-balanced and more heavily monetised sequel.
25 Oct 2015, 14:23 PM

You all forget the most important feature of vCOH: no bug splat and able to pause midgame.
26 Oct 2015, 16:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2015, 11:40 AMBlov

I notice they're still prepared to charge people for the game they're not supporting. Also, Vcoh after 6 years still had a better player base and a better esports side than COH2. COH2 *still* lacks in-game ladders... that's fucking ridiculous with the amount of overpriced paid DLC that's got stuck onto it.

I don't think it's unfair to suggest that the complete botch job made on COH1's transition to Steam was not improved upon because it incentivised VCOH's playerbase into moving to the less feature-complete, worse-balanced and more heavily monetised sequel.

You always charge for your products even if you move on. Last I checked cars from a few years ago also have worth
27 Oct 2015, 01:57 AM

You always charge for your products even if you move on. Last I checked cars from a few years ago also have worth

If the games not worth supporting as its no longer making any money then releasing it for free makes perfect sense. This could (and would) bring people into the genre, f2p games are big business right now, however in this case it would likely that once people take the punt and find out how great it is then then they are likely new coh2 customers that wouldn't have existed before. I mean shit i bought it...

Also continuing to charge for it when features are missing / broken from original game seems a bit rich even if it is cheap as chips.

Coh is sure to die in the not to distant future (bless its soul) but I get the feeling they are actually trying to hurry this up. Really guts me as even though i own coh2 already I wont be moving to it afterwards.

"Rose colored glasses" is some bullshit, I went 6 for 1 on coh last night after work. I also fire up coh2 for a game maybe once every month to see if any progress but now even two years on Im resigned to the fact that its never going to rival the original with this flood of commanders and factions being the focus.

p.s. circle jerks on this subject are good, if there wasn't then its fate is sealed without even the smallest chance something may still happen.
27 Oct 2015, 02:03 AM

Those days are quickly coming to an end since the UK passed consumer protection laws for broken digital media products. Vcoh NSV is borderline functional now and was completely broken for the first few months of the transition.
27 Oct 2015, 10:40 AM

Yeah but they don't go around removing the wingmirrors from old cars so that you'll feel less shafted when you buy one of their new cars without wingmirrors. It is *appalling* that COH2 has no in-game ladder even now after years when the DLC train has been rolling apace; it's equally appalling that COH's transition to Steam didn't include the ladders.

Now, those of us who bought COH2 on release or preorder were frankly fucking lied to and conned by Relic (with a lot of promises that haven't materialised, the DLC providing advantages at various points of the patch cycles because of failing to listen to beta testers, the deluxe preorder (which I didn't get) not including DLC released only months after the game). I cannot possibly understand why new players are coming to COH2 paying more than a full game's price for a competitive multiplayer RTS which is filled with very pricey paid multiplayer DLC and which STILL HAS NO INGAME LADDERS, atrocious performance issues, half of the maps for which are adaptations of stuff from the first game...

It is appalling value for money and Relic's fig leaf of 'monetisation lets us support the game' is just not good enough if supporting the game means 'adding more monetisable content' instead of improving the performance and filling out the essential features they weren't able to fit in the initial release. And then they've buggered up (with no intention of fixing) COH1 as well so you don't have the option of moving back to it. COH2 really has a community it's never deserved.
27 Oct 2015, 11:31 AM

And all I can remember from 1v1 in coh is sniper spam, bought wehrmacht vet, stuh 42 spam, artillery spam, ranger/paratrooper blobs, panther battle group :foreveralone:, m10 train, sniper in base or behind lines invisible and spotting for firestorm, v1, name it and last but not least: vet 3 inbisible us sniper running when cloaked :foreveralone:

Coh 1 was a great game, but it most definately had its flaws. Agree with the dlc bullshit in coh2, horrible and atrocious. Yet coh1 isn't the best game there was xd

+1 good summary

i would add early m8 surviving 2 shots from a well positioned pak (that was RNG which was truly gamebreaking), Rep Bunker Sim City and the usual Nebelwerfer vs calli/howi lategame
27 Oct 2015, 15:05 PM

+1 good summary

i would add early m8 surviving 2 shots from a well positioned pak (that was RNG which was truly gamebreaking), Rep Bunker Sim City and the usual Nebelwerfer vs calli/howi lategame

Offtopic...
27 Oct 2015, 15:12 PM

wanted to play but couldnt because my screen was completely covered by sniper symbols

after my 1200 hours or so in vcoh,i found the bike and jeep a really good counter to snipers. cant count how often i parked them at the flank, made the sniper retreat and then kill it on retreat with jeep/bike <444>3
27 Oct 2015, 16:24 PM

VCoH was great in team games. In 1v1 however ACs and Snipers all day every day. It was the one drawback of everything.
27 Oct 2015, 16:28 PM

+1 good summary

We don't talk how the game is good or bad if you didn't notice it. Get out of here and stop being toxic pls, if you like coh2 play it and don't visit vcoh thread, stop spreading shit from your mouth pls.
27 Oct 2015, 17:00 PM

And all I can remember from 1v1 in coh is sniper spam, bought wehrmacht vet, stuh 42 spam, artillery spam, ranger/paratrooper blobs, panther battle group :foreveralone:, m10 train, sniper in base or behind lines invisible and spotting for firestorm, v1, name it and last but not least: vet 3 inbisible us sniper running when cloaked :foreveralone:

Coh 1 was a great game, but it most definately had its flaws. Agree with the dlc bullshit in coh2, horrible and atrocious. Yet coh1 isn't the best game there was xd

Most of what you listed are l2p issues. The zero fuel PE Panther non stop call-in is a bitch, but even those have the drawback of suffering from KCH syndrome feeding a lot of vet to infantry. Personally I would change snipers to get get countersniped 100% when they reveal themselves by shooting or manually decloaking and keep the 50% accuracy when they are decloaked by other means such as bike or recon...but they weren't a huge deal as the meta progressed and high level players became content to trade infantry kills from a distance rather than rely on early game coinflips. Bought vet, Stuhs, cloaked snipers scouting, and everything else you listed is fine.

The biggest problems with COH1 is needing ToV for M18 because of the M10 misfire, scorched earth spam, and Quinn Duffy's brainchild Brit faction.

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2015, 16:24 PMVonIvan
VCoH was great in team games. In 1v1 however ACs and Snipers all day every day. It was the one drawback of everything.

I don't know what game you were playing but multiple snipers were more prevalent in 2v2.
27 Oct 2015, 18:20 PM
Patrion 14

i would add early m8 surviving 2 shots from a well positioned pak (that was RNG which was truly gamebreaking)

The RNG in CoH1 was way more predictable than the CoH2 RNG is. The situation you describe basically happens one time out of ten if the Pak 38 fails to hit a none upgraded (!) M8.
27 Oct 2015, 19:31 PM

Permanently Banned

Most of what you listed are l2p issues. The zero fuel PE Panther non stop call-in is a bitch, but even those have the drawback of suffering from KCH syndrome feeding a lot of vet to infantry. Personally I would change snipers to get get countersniped 100% when they reveal themselves by shooting or manually decloaking and keep the 50% accuracy when they are decloaked by other means such as bike or recon...but they weren't a huge deal as the meta progressed and high level players became content to trade infantry kills from a distance rather than rely on early game coinflips. Bought vet, Stuhs, cloaked snipers scouting, and everything else you listed is fine.

The biggest problems with COH1 is needing ToV for M18 because of the M10 misfire, scorched earth spam, and Quinn Duffy's brainchild Brit faction.

I don't know what game you were playing but multiple snipers were more prevalent in 2v2.

Lol how you turned that into a l2p thing when I was just naming irritations, is beyond me:foreveralone:
27 Oct 2015, 19:43 PM

Lol how you turned that into a l2p thing when I was just naming irritations, is beyond me:foreveralone:

That's Basilone's speciality. :foreveralone:
27 Oct 2015, 19:49 PM

It's l2p issue if you had any problem with that, there are counter for everything you named.
27 Oct 2015, 19:52 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2015, 19:49 PMbulatcr

It's l2p issue if you had any problem with that, there are counter for everything you named.

That was not the point. It was about coh1 being a good game or not. It was naming irritations, not anything that is related to being unbeatable, hard to fight against or whatever.

IRRITATIONS

READ PEOPLE

:foreveralone:
27 Oct 2015, 20:19 PM

That was not the point. It was about coh1 being a good game or not. It was naming irritations, not anything that is related to being unbeatable, hard to fight against or whatever.

IRRITATIONS

READ PEOPLE

:foreveralone:

This topic isn't about being good or bad if you haven't noticed. Everything can be called irritation and there are enough of it in coh2 too. Srly every kind of spam is irritation, it's not the game, it's players who do that. The question is does it work? If doesn't it means game is okay cause you can counter it if does it means game isn't okay. So in coh1 you were able to counter every kind of spam, there are nothing wrong with game in that case.
Even in the perfect rts game can be irritations. Just say spam and list all units.
27 Oct 2015, 20:26 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2015, 20:19 PMbulatcr

This topic isn't about being good or bad if you haven't noticed. Everything can be called irritation and there are enough of it in coh2 too. Srly every kind of spam is irritation, it's not the game, it's players who do that. The question is does it work? If doesn't it means game is okay cause you can counter it if does it means game isn't okay. So in coh1 you were able to counter every kind of spam, there are nothing wrong with game in that case.
Even in the perfect rts game can be irritations. Just say spam and list all units.

yes yes, that is why OKW was designed to blob. Lol :foreveralone:
27 Oct 2015, 20:29 PM

Well typically the higher level players weren't irritated by those things because they were beatable when done correctly and provided an alternative to facing T2 T3 terror and other cliche strats all the time. I only get irritated by the lack of a reverse button when doing it manually causes tank to go full derp and get killed doing a u-turn. Otherwise I'm not complaining when its working as intended.

So we have two possible scenarios: either you were irritated by the things you listed because you struggled against it, or you did not struggle but still found so many things about the game irritating win or lose. If the latter is true and you're feeling grief almost every game just because one of the units on your mile long shit list was produced, you must be a masochist if you invested a lot of time in to the game. :snfQuinn:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★