Login

russian armor

Coh still cranking

20 Oct 2015, 23:35 PM

Coh 1 is the best game ever made in my opinion and I have been playing since about 2009 on a daily basis.

During this time even though I have played solidly I have had periods of losing interest then becoming addicted again for no apparent reason. Im going through and addicted period again now and usually get 4 or 5 games in after work each night.

I have noticed that the game is still far from dead. I can get an auto match in less than a minute and this is evening over in New Zealand. Basic has died down a bit but i reckon this would come back up if THE RANKS WERE ADDED BACK!!!!!

Comon sega do something with the game rather than just let it slowly die off, fix the ranks, release for free.... something....
21 Oct 2015, 06:53 AM

I can agree whit you,coh1 is still best game ever made and need some love.
Give that classic something because Relic lets face it, this game is your lifework
21 Oct 2015, 07:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2015, 06:53 AMniksa
I can agree whit you,coh1 is still best game ever made and need some love.
Give that classic something because Relic lets face it, this game is your lifework

sometimes I wish coh2 balance would be as good as in coh1. But it will never be. Relic can't do it because of the amount of new stuff - DLCs and factions - that it launches every half year. Balance will be thbe weakest point of this coh2 and will be the reason for which one day I will quit it.
Relic, when Fallout 4 will land, I would not care about your game anymore, anyway. And when I will finish it, I will come back, and if I will find the same shit I will quit it again for good. My other 2 mates quit it anyway one month ago because of that shit you did launching a stupid faction that is OP like hell...
21 Oct 2015, 07:33 AM

wanted to play but couldnt because my screen was completely covered by sniper symbols
22 Oct 2015, 17:46 PM

wanted to play but couldnt because my screen was completely covered by sniper symbols

Just don't post anything here, being a toxic isn't a good thing anyway.
24 Oct 2015, 11:40 AM

then counter the sniper B-)
24 Oct 2015, 12:05 PM

Its true. Ranks back for basic and it would boost casual players time online.

And CoH1 still the greatest game ever made. :)
24 Oct 2015, 12:59 PM

Another "my game was the greatest they should support it" circle jerk thread. And on top of it you want it free? Do you live in the real world? while were at it they should patch Half life 2, im sure that makes tons of money today.

Look, it doesnt get support like all old games because there is no money in it. Nothing is free, they cant go spending their time on shit that doesnt matter. Would you spend hours working on a project for free? they dont do this as a hobby, they need a living.
24 Oct 2015, 13:33 PM

Another "my game was the greatest they should support it" circle jerk thread. And on top of it you want it free? Do you live in the real world? while were at it they should patch Half life 2, im sure that makes tons of money today.

Look, it doesnt get support like all old games because there is no money in it. Nothing is free, they cant go spending their time on shit that doesnt matter. Would you spend hours working on a project for free? they dont do this as a hobby, they need a living.

go troll somewhere else
24 Oct 2015, 13:39 PM

go troll somewhere else

Its not trolling, its a truth you are ignoring. That is why coh has not been supported. The same with all the other great games. Like Starcraft Broodwar doesnt get patches and its been claimed to be The most important and greatest RTS that has existed

24 Oct 2015, 13:41 PM

Its not trolling, its a truth you are ignoring. That is why coh has not been supported. The same with all the other great games. Like Starcraft Broodwar doesnt get patches and its been claimed to be The most important and greatest RTS that has existed

You are not contributing anything to the topic other than trolling. There are people here who want to talk. Are you a hidden forum admin or something?
24 Oct 2015, 13:58 PM

Permanently Banned
This love goggle glorification of coh1 is getting old
24 Oct 2015, 18:07 PM

This love goggle glorification of coh1 is getting old

No, what you said is getting old. Since release almost every patch of COH2 has sucked. Between new factions and commanders constantly fucking up the balance along with about 2 years of call-in meta that literally just ended, COH2 has never been in a great state for 1v1. The best state the game was ever in for 1v1 was probably sometime between beta and Tiger Ace commander. Assuming the balance eventually gets ironed out there are still some things better about the original game including better doctrines with no micro transactions, in-game ladders (how the fuck a rts released without this in 2013 is mind boggling), good performance, and other smaller things that collectively just make it a better experience for competitive players.

2v2 in coh2 is on par with vcoh, but vcoh would pull ahead in that category also if the game was still being supported and received a few badly needed bug fixes. I know there are some guys that never bought coh2 game that bash it based what they heard, but I've actually put in a ton of time in both games and I've played maybe 20-30 games of vcoh this month so I'm not misremembering things. Its like comparing COD4 to Advanced Warfare, this isn't a case of rose tinted goggles.
24 Oct 2015, 19:07 PM

I'd like to go back to the 1v1 automatch rotation that didn't have blowlands, and I might be misremembering but I feel like wrecked train wasn't in there for a long time too.

New sturzdorf and those other maps from the community should come back. They were ballin. From memory this was something they had to set in manually every time there was maintenance.
24 Oct 2015, 23:48 PM

Cleaned this up a bit, try to keep this on topic and clean fellas. :)
25 Oct 2015, 08:19 AM

Permanently Banned

No, what you said is getting old. Since release almost every patch of COH2 has sucked. Between new factions and commanders constantly fucking up the balance along with about 2 years of call-in meta that literally just ended, COH2 has never been in a great state for 1v1. The best state the game was ever in for 1v1 was probably sometime between beta and Tiger Ace commander. Assuming the balance eventually gets ironed out there are still some things better about the original game including better doctrines with no micro transactions, in-game ladders (how the fuck a rts released without this in 2013 is mind boggling), good performance, and other smaller things that collectively just make it a better experience for competitive players.

2v2 in coh2 is on par with vcoh, but vcoh would pull ahead in that category also if the game was still being supported and received a few badly needed bug fixes. I know there are some guys that never bought coh2 game that bash it based what they heard, but I've actually put in a ton of time in both games and I've played maybe 20-30 games of vcoh this month so I'm not misremembering things. Its like comparing COD4 to Advanced Warfare, this isn't a case of rose tinted goggles.

And all I can remember from 1v1 in coh is sniper spam, bought wehrmacht vet, stuh 42 spam, artillery spam, ranger/paratrooper blobs, panther battle group :foreveralone:, m10 train, sniper in base or behind lines invisible and spotting for firestorm, v1, name it and last but not least: vet 3 inbisible us sniper running when cloaked :foreveralone:

Coh 1 was a great game, but it most definately had its flaws. Agree with the dlc bullshit in coh2, horrible and atrocious. Yet coh1 isn't the best game there was xd
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★