Login

russian armor

Why flamethrower on Strumpios?

19 Oct 2015, 06:46 AM

This is just weird. Why flamethrower on Strumpios?

USF Rifle Company already grants Riflemen to have flamethrowers.
If Volks get flamethrower, they won't be able to upgrade Panzerschreck.

Sturms is busy upgrading mine detector kit.
And making another squad of Strums sounds like a over-investment.

What do you guys think?
19 Oct 2015, 06:56 AM

Obviously Volks with Flamers would be over the top...they would actually threaten Vet3 Rifles or any other allied-ubermensch infantry!
19 Oct 2015, 06:56 AM

I think it's fair to give Spios flamers, giving them for volks would cause mayhem since they're so spammable, you can easily make 6 volks and have 3 shreks and 3 flamers which would be pretty much unstoppable

And making another squad of sturms is almost a must once you get to the late game since you have to have more repairing power etc
19 Oct 2015, 07:01 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Mainline infantry with flamers was a bad idea from the get go, so I think it's good that we won't have what will essentially be Axis Rifle Company.
19 Oct 2015, 07:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2015, 06:56 AMPlaguer
I think it's fair to give Spios flamers, giving them for volks would cause mayhem since they're so spammable, you can easily make 6 volks and have 3 shreks and 3 flamers which would be pretty much unstoppable

And making another squad of sturms is almost a must once you get to the late game since you have to have more repairing power etc

If it's about repairing job, I'd rather upgrade them with detector kit(which boost repairing speed), since basic repairing is nerfed to the point of Ost pio.

I understand your points and it might be true. We gonna see what's really gonna happen later. But the faction always has been a blob faction. People won't stop spamming it whether flame thrower goes to sturms or not.

Thank you for sharing thoughts.
19 Oct 2015, 07:10 AM

Mainline infantry with flamers was a bad idea from the get go, so I think it's good that we won't have what will essentially be Axis Rifle Company.

Then why Relic keep the bad idea on USF? :(
19 Oct 2015, 07:14 AM

Because it would be broken OP on volks.

Also, Rifles cost more, aren't cheap to reinforce and can't access best AT handheld weapon in game.
19 Oct 2015, 07:21 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

19 Oct 2015, 07:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2015, 07:14 AMKatitof
Because it would be broken OP on volks.

Also, Rifles cost more, aren't cheap to reinforce and can't access best AT handheld weapon in game.

I know it Katitof. It might work good on strums, or maybe not.
We just don't know how good actually it will perform. This is just a mild discussion.

Cost is irrelevant. Then why pios and combat engis can upgrade flamethrower?
19 Oct 2015, 07:28 AM

What's weird is unlike USF, OKW isn't a faction with 1 mainline infantry and nothing else, but people still want to play them as USF.
19 Oct 2015, 07:32 AM

I know it Katitof. It might work good on strums, or maybe not.
We just don't know how good actually it will perform. This is just a mild discussion.

Its an infantry flamer, they all perform the same, if you've ever picked up one as SPs, thats how it will perform.

Cost is irrelevant. Then why pios and combat engis can upgrade flamethrower?

Because they still aren't mainline infantry with access to AT?
They also are fragile, lack combat scaling and you rarely want more then 2 on field.
19 Oct 2015, 07:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2015, 07:28 AMEsxile
What's weird is unlike USF, OKW isn't a faction with 1 mainline infantry and nothing else, but people still want to play them as USF.
Every faction has one mainline infantry, man.
Do you count Ober or Sturms as a mainline infantry?-_-
19 Oct 2015, 07:41 AM

Think this: Volksgren with flammenwerfer + Flamm Grenade Kappa. Kills every shit without any hard feelings.
19 Oct 2015, 07:44 AM

Think this: Volksgren with flammenwerfer + Flamm Grenade Kappa. Kills every shit without any hard feelings.
This makes some sense. I think flamm grenade should have gone to strums though.
19 Oct 2015, 07:53 AM

Every faction has one mainline infantry, man.
Do you count Ober or Sturms as a mainline infantry?-_-

I miss the word "only", but I'm sure you understood what I was referring to.

19 Oct 2015, 08:20 AM

Kamikaza!! New sturms will be incredibly strong with flame upgrade.
19 Oct 2015, 08:20 AM

We'd see the old Volks blobs once again if this was available to Volks, and I hope we are are over those days now. My main problem is it still doesn't solve the near useless nature of Volksgrenadiers vs infantry unless you want to spend all your munitions, so I tend to go Special Operations nowadays because I can at least have useful infantry that have cheap grenades, otherwise you rely entirely on that incendiary grenade.
19 Oct 2015, 08:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2015, 08:20 AMSwift
We'd see the old Volks blobs once again if this was available to Volks, and I hope we are are over those days now. My main problem is it still doesn't solve the near useless nature of Volksgrenadiers vs infantry unless you want to spend all your munitions, so I tend to go Special Operations nowadays because I can at least have useful infantry that have cheap grenades, otherwise you rely entirely on that incendiary grenade.

Rifleflamerblobs are totally cool though I swear!
19 Oct 2015, 09:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2015, 08:20 AMSwift

This is rather contradictory. how are you going to solve the volks problems vs infantry if you are not going to buff them with upgrades.
19 Oct 2015, 09:22 AM

This is just weird. Why flamethrower on Strumpios?

USF Rifle Company already grants Riflemen to have flamethrowers.

Do u think that rifle company is a good idea? It is an absurdity at its best.. So u wanna to have new aburdity?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★