Login

russian armor

Axis incendiary grenades

26 Oct 2015, 04:09 AM

that's more to ability than just price.

the penal satchel cost 45 munition, same as the okw flame nade's "adjusted" price. There's no doubt the satchel is/was powerful, but at the same time it's also one of the easiest ability to dodge.

the okw flame nade is broken because it's almost undodgeable. Price alone does not excuse that face.

then lower the price to 15, and give it same throw time, i am down to that.
Hat
26 Oct 2015, 04:44 AM

then lower the price to 15, and give it same throw time, i am down to that.

At that point require OKW to buy it from base like the bazooka rack or molotov.
26 Oct 2015, 04:50 AM

Its avoidable and usually predicatable when it's going to be thrown. It's expensive to use in terms of one less mine and more time away from a shreck. Also, if you allow it to be thrown on an MG, it's typically your fault.
Hat
26 Oct 2015, 06:49 AM

Its avoidable and usually predicatable when it's going to be thrown. It's expensive to use in terms of one less mine and more time away from a shreck. Also, if you allow it to be thrown on an MG, it's typically your fault.

Its only 30 munitions and most allied Hmgs do not suppress enough. You can run straight at it and throw the nade from a huge distance.
26 Oct 2015, 08:27 AM

They are ridiculous, they should have a timer like normal nades.

No timer, simply hurt slower.

Also, if you allow it to be thrown on an MG, it's typically your fault.

Yes, shouldn't have build an hmg in the first place.
26 Oct 2015, 08:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2015, 06:49 AMHat

Its only 30 munitions and most allied Hmgs do not suppress enough. You can run straight at it and throw the nade from a huge distance.

HMG are support weapons, that being said. If they get supressed, you can relocate the MG a few steps back with other infantry shooting at the suppressed units.
26 Oct 2015, 08:58 AM

Flame dots get nerfed, so keep your pitchforks down guys

"Flame Damage Over time
We are increasing the time per tick for damage over time. This will include all incendiary abilities, Molotov’s, and flamer dots that vehicles leave behind. The tick in game time should translate to about 1 second real time which should help player gauge the amount of damage they will take if they choose to stand in the fire.
Damage frequency reduced from 0.5 to 1.25
Dot radius increased from 3 to 5"

And how exactly is this a nerf to incendiary grenades?
26 Oct 2015, 09:41 AM

radius even wider Kappa. Yesterday I've throwed a flame nade into the retreat path of 5 squads. All went down into the fire Kappa
26 Oct 2015, 10:18 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2015, 04:44 AMHat

They already require to tech for it, that is for a fuel starved faction. They just need to increase the throwing animation time.
26 Oct 2015, 11:07 AM

They already require to tech for it, that is for a fuel starved faction. They just need to increase the throwing animation time.

You mean the tech cost that is included due to OKW starting with 40 fuel? Rightio..
26 Oct 2015, 12:12 PM

Permanently Banned

You mean the tech cost that is included due to OKW starting with 40 fuel? Rightio..

Yes, that is exactly what I meant.
26 Oct 2015, 12:20 PM

"Flame Damage Over time
We are increasing the time per tick for damage over time. This will include all incendiary abilities, Molotov’s, and flamer dots that vehicles leave behind. The tick in game time should translate to about 1 second real time which should help player gauge the amount of damage they will take if they choose to stand in the fire.
Damage frequency reduced from 0.5 to 1.25
Dot radius increased from 3 to 5"

And how exactly is this a nerf to incendiary grenades?

As far as I understand (please somebody correct me when I say now total bullshit, because I'm not too sure about it):
Before you had damage coming in this intervall: 0.5 sec 1 sec 1.5 sec 2 sec 2.5 sec. etc..
Now its like this: 1.25 sec 2.5 sec 3.75 sec 5 sec
So instead of 5 dot ticks you will have 2 dot ticks after 2.5 seconds. That's a severe damage nerf ~60 %. Radius really doesn't matter that much once you micro your units out of the flames.
26 Oct 2015, 14:46 PM

As far as I understand (please somebody correct me when I say now total bullshit, because I'm not too sure about it):
Before you had damage coming in this intervall: 0.5 sec 1 sec 1.5 sec 2 sec 2.5 sec. etc..
Now its like this: 1.25 sec 2.5 sec 3.75 sec 5 sec
So instead of 5 dot ticks you will have 2 dot ticks after 2.5 seconds. That's a severe damage nerf ~60 %. Radius really doesn't matter that much once you micro your units out of the flames.

That is pretty much how I understand it as well.

This might balance the flame damage, but make sov incendiary barrage irrelevant.

Molotovs, inc nades and MHT inc round should end up fine after the change.
26 Oct 2015, 14:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2015, 14:46 PMKatitof

That is pretty much how I understand it as well.

This might balance the flame damage, but make sov incendiary barrage irrelevant.

Molotovs, inc nades and MHT inc round should end up fine after the change.

Agreed, Inc Barrage is in very real danger of becoming useless. Right now it is at beast area denial, killing models with it is very difficult.

The Inc nade is too good because of its current rate of speed in the throw animation. No amount of cost should be used to justify it. It comes on a spammable infantry faction which can wipe weapon teams consistently and its cost. Playing against it is punishing, and not fair, and playing with it feels too easy to clear out units which are supposed to hard counter the volks. The change in DOT is going to be huge and maybe too much, but we'll see.
26 Oct 2015, 21:48 PM

it only enough for the first building same thing goes for SU and OH, why dont you complain those too
Hat
27 Oct 2015, 00:22 AM

Its not a choice. They make no choice to invest for the nades. They just get them. SU spends more to tech up and gets less for it.
27 Oct 2015, 00:49 AM

Lets also consider that the OKW start with AI, AT, and suppression platform and then further access to more AT and AI and free grenade when they upgrade. Allies must delay and sacrifice building their T1 or T2 if going for grenades and rely solely infantry if choosing grenades during their opening. At 27muni the US grenade is also nowhere even near the effectiveness of a flame grenade.
27 Oct 2015, 00:58 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Lets also consider that the OKW start with AI, AT, and suppression platform and then further access to more AT and AI and free grenade when they upgrade. Allies must delay and sacrifice building their T1 or T2 if going for grenades and rely solely infantry if choosing grenades during their opening. At 27muni the US grenade is also nowhere even near the effectiveness of a flame grenade.

30 muni.

You use the Grenade Supplies bulletin, I'm guessin'.
aaa
27 Oct 2015, 01:02 AM

what did they do to falls? They kill any non callin inf at any range even if outnumbered.
Its resurection of old obers or what?
27 Oct 2015, 03:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2015, 04:44 AMHat

At that point SU should also pay for oorah and merge.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS