Login

russian armor

OH recent buffs. Justification?

19 Oct 2015, 05:43 AM

ost is fine.But I am totally agreeing with that sov has had the problem since it was restructured
19 Oct 2015, 06:00 AM

Both axis factions are UP right now. OKW still has that OP crutch called ISG, but that will disappear soon and then will be even worst.
Statistics shows that the balance of forces are like in late '44, axis losing all the way and some people are still thinking that they are OP.
This is truly amazing.
JLI
19 Oct 2015, 06:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2015, 18:08 PMaaa

3. T3476 - previously key unit, have been removed from T3 (and from the game). That opened a huge window of oportunities for OH mediums and faction in general. Because one must be an idiot to lose p4 or ostwind only to ATGs on urban maps (most maps). P4 can survive 4 ATG shots - they are invinsible to any midgame unit mix. While the do huge dmg to anything.

su76
19 Oct 2015, 06:31 AM

If you think OH is a cheat faction, I guess you can make 20+ win streak... yeah?
19 Oct 2015, 06:41 AM

:snfPeter:
19 Oct 2015, 07:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2015, 18:08 PMaaa
During last several patches OH has benn buffed into cheat-faction.

I can list more things that makes this faction blatantly OP.

19 Oct 2015, 07:14 AM

ost is fine.But I am totally agreeing with that sov has had the problem since it was restructured

Show me replays of you defeating lategame usf and ukf infantry with ost infantry.They stand no chance.Just slaughtered like sheep.
19 Oct 2015, 07:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2015, 00:14 AMZyllen

What a bunch of shit you are spewing again. 45 ammo doesnt have that much impact.

If it doesn't have an impact, why Relic gave the upgrade for free again? :clap:

45 ammo is almost an early FT on pio or
45 ammo is almost an early mine or
45 ammo is almost an early LMG or
45 ammo is almost an early healing bunker.
45 ammo is now a free 221 upgrade :D

Why not giving all other factions 45 ammo start to compensate it. After all its not that much. :D
19 Oct 2015, 07:36 AM

Coh2chart.com says different.

I really wouldn't put much stock in it.

Axis Games played: 984
Allied Games played: 1851

Allied winrate is higher because allies are playing more games and thus the chance of playing against players outside the top 150 is far more likely.

There's two ways to do this properly:

Expand the bracket to 1000-1500 instead of just top 150.
Only include games played between players in the top 150. (Probably not a large enough sample size if you do this though, and it's not possible without being Reric.)

19 Oct 2015, 07:41 AM

Allied winrate is higher because allies are playing more games and thus the chance of playing against players outside the top 150 is far more likely.

Only include games played between players in the top 150. (Probably not a large enough sample size if you do this though, and it's not possible without being Reric.)

that is a good point! I have a doubt about coh2 chart. It is small basket to judge win rates between allies and Axis.
19 Oct 2015, 07:59 AM

among all the faction i found that Ost is the hardest for me, even i say that Brtis get easy counter,
okw get easy countered, USF lacking something,

but as Teching n Micro n sending back ur unit to make a new Base n they Too Much Unit to make with little Manpower to use at that time,

realy hard to make, like when i make 222, they have t70, so then i get counter like what 5 min without Pak40?..soo yeah for me Ost is the hardest, while i enjoy playing with other 4 faction Ost is the rarest i play,

19 Oct 2015, 08:17 AM

IMO, the Ostheer/Soviet matchup is pretty good right now. My only complaints are the following, and they're not major:

- Soviet T1 is bad
- Penal Squads are really bad
- 222 is illogically useless against infantry
- Soviet linear T3-T4 teching is boring imo. I'd like to see them get their flexibility back
- Either A) Soviet T4 isn't useful enough in the current meta or B) Soviet T3 is too useful in the current meta
- Brummbar is bad
- I don't like Demo Charges and wish they'd get removed or reworked
- The usual plethora of bad doctrines, abilties, and veterancy bonuses that need to be looked at.

On the other hand, I think USF is probably too strong right now in 1v1. Their current mid-game options are pretty brutal vs. Ostheer, maybe even without the overperforming Pack Howitzer.
19 Oct 2015, 08:40 AM

If you apply this logic, then 4v4 has always been balanced during the last 2 years. Higher winrates of axis were due to more people playing axis. :snfBarton:
19 Oct 2015, 09:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2015, 07:19 AMEsxile

If it doesn't have an impact, why Relic gave the upgrade for free again? :clap:

They buffed it because it was UP and still has no role beside the occasional m3 hunting.

And one of the key reasons why the ostheer is in such a bad shape is that this unit is performing at all as a vehicle hunter.
19 Oct 2015, 09:04 AM

Penal's SVT-40 should do something much more than a bolt-action rifle.

the game is entering late 1944, T-34/76 should be swapped by T-34/85 as stock unit.

the soviet tank vet 1 is a GIANT joke which ppl are complaining about it since 2013.

soviet is designed during the downfall of THQ, it suffers from P2W commander design it's core combatant relies on commanders(paid or default), and it's campaign are full of negativeness with nearly zero heroism. the SU design is sick as hell.

19 Oct 2015, 09:10 AM

While I partly agree on team games (3vs3+), this assumption doesn't work out in 1vs1 games as all the ladders are separated, hence the ladder with the most players should've the highest winning rate, as we have most players competing there. Yet this is not the case and balance problems in 1vs1 amplify in team games, that's why 2vs2 is in even a worse state.
In 1vs1 you just wait longer to get a proper ranked opponent as allies, it doesn't mean you get more noobs to bash - rather less.

19 Oct 2015, 09:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2015, 09:01 AMZyllen

They buffed it because it was UP and still has no role beside the occasional m3 hunting.

And one of the key reasons why the ostheer is in such a bad shape is that this unit is performing at all as a vehicle hunter.

It has no role because meta isn't M3/M20/Dodge/UC spam/rush anymore. Its sole purpose is to counter light vehicle start and to give vision with its vet. Axis players want to buff it by lazyness, having a unit that counter early inf + early vehicles for a really small price because they don't micro their squads.
Ironically, the free upgrade killed even more the meta it belong to since nobody is going to spend fuel on a M3/M20/Dodge to be automatically counter by a brainless 221 coming 3 minutes later.

You want an early AI vehicle, build a 251 + flammer upgrade, or whine better/stronger/harder to have the upgrade for free like you did with the 221.
19 Oct 2015, 09:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2015, 09:16 AMEsxile

It has no role because meta isn't M3/M20/Dodge/UC spam/rush anymore. Its sole purpose is to counter light vehicle start and to give vision with its vet. Axis players want to buff it by lazyness, having a unit that counter early inf + early vehicles for a really small price because they don't micro their squads.
Ironically, the free upgrade killed even more the meta it belong to since nobody is going to spend fuel on a M3/M20/Dodge to be automatically counter by a brainless 221 coming 3 minutes later.

You want an early AI vehicle, build a 251 + flammer upgrade, or whine better/stronger/harder to have the upgrade for free like you did with the 221.

I never said anything about buffing its AI capabilities you fucking failfish.
19 Oct 2015, 10:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2015, 09:53 AMZyllen

I never said anything about buffing its AI capabilities you fucking failfish.

And what? You want the 221 being natural counter to 2x more expensive vehicles? 221 counter HTs or T70 while costing peanuts?

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★