Login

russian armor

USF Captain and Lieutenant Unit Behavior

19 Oct 2015, 16:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2015, 20:24 PMluvnest

:facepalm:

It's the weird behaviour of squads who spawn with diffrent types of weapons. PTRS and DP28, Bar and Thompson, Zook and Thompson, etc.

But why do Shocks act the same?
19 Oct 2015, 19:12 PM
Donator 33

I've never seen Shocks act like that, and before the last patch the Lieutenant never acted like that for me either. However, regardless of which unit does it, it needs to end. If I wanted my Guards or my Captain to shoot from cover, I would have moved them into cover. Otherwise, when I right click something, I need that something to die, not have my units dance a jig before unloading their clips.
19 Oct 2015, 19:19 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

But why do Shocks act the same?

It has absoulutely nothing to do with what weapons the squad uses...

Im pretty sure it has to do with the squads AI. Simple as that.

Ths squads that do this(LT,Captain,Major,Guards,Brit Airlanding officer,all allied squads *cough*) have some wierd Squad_AI plan called "guards_infantry_plan_"
Or the "Dance" plan.

Every other squad has something different,ranging from "Engineer_Plan" to "rifleman_infantry" plan. And they obviously dont do a retarded dance. So thats the conclusion I can draw from it...Ill test/prove it later

19 Oct 2015, 19:34 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Just tested....All it takes is a simple change from that DancinGuard Squad AI to a normal AI like riflemens..and the LT/cpt act normally with no dancing.
19 Oct 2015, 21:28 PM

Just tested....All it takes is a simple change from that DancinGuard Squad AI to a normal AI like riflemens..and the LT/cpt act normally with no dancing.

That's just too easy for lelic! Better just give them major buffs to compensate. :snfPeter:
20 Oct 2015, 05:13 AM

Well there you flippin go. If this change is that simple then it should be implemented.
22 Oct 2015, 20:08 PM

What's amazing is often my guys will clump up near a stone wall and yet somehow not have any cover still. They just sit almost close enough to wall but just out of distance to be in cover and in heat of game I hate having to zoom in to click a little closer to wall lest my guys jump wall or not get any closer.
22 Oct 2015, 20:21 PM

USF Captain and Lt. just love to dance.
22 Oct 2015, 20:41 PM

Boy, there's a Nic Cage meme for everything..
22 Oct 2015, 22:02 PM
Donator 33

Hey hey, didint COH 1 units have this problem aswell?, the snipers had it fixed, but i still think that all the other handheld AT still likes to dance in COH 1
22 Oct 2015, 22:18 PM

I've never seen Shocks act like that, and before the last patch the Lieutenant never acted like that for me either. However, regardless of which unit does it, it needs to end. If I wanted my Guards or my Captain to shoot from cover, I would have moved them into cover. Otherwise, when I right click something, I need that something to die, not have my units dance a jig before unloading their clips.

I play a lot with shocks and sometimes, when you give them to order to attack an infantry squad at short range, they dance off their way over the squad. This doesn't happen when you order them to attack from far, though, which is weird.
23 Oct 2015, 04:56 AM

So any idea what in the guard_infantry_plan causes this?
23 Oct 2015, 06:51 AM

Please Relic, fix it.
23 Oct 2015, 13:30 PM

I dont think I have seen Shock Troops doing the dance, only Captain. Could this be a spacing issue?
23 Oct 2015, 13:37 PM

Manuals from training schools tell soldiers to always look for cover. :luvCarrot:
23 Oct 2015, 14:45 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

What steel said

Guards seek cover automatically... Which kinda makes sense because they're elite and all(lol) but...their weapons have decently higher aim time compared to other weapons in the game..so the cover seeking kinda makes sense so they seek cover and then they're ready to fire..

But for some reason this was given to all new WFA/BF officers, who all have weapons that need to be fired quickly or on the move or in CQC, which makes this behavior awkward.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 33
Germany 5
unknown 4
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L