Login

russian armor

To Relic -- Ideas to fix DLC mess

1 Nov 2015, 17:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2015, 22:09 PMKatitof

I don't really know what you(or anyone) expected.
This is current gaming industry reality.
Only players can change it, just like it was players who made devs abandon subscription model for the sake of F2P and often P2W mmos.

You don't like DLCs?
Play 8-bit like indie shits.

You have enough money?
Enjoy dlc content.

You expect them to stop making dlcs?
Get a grip on reality or convince every single player on earth to not buy them.

DLCs are so widely spread and SUCCESSFUL, because WE THE PLAYERS fill pockets of the ones who sell them.
The only company in the whole world who doesn't focus on that is blizzard, but don't worry, just like everything with blizzard, they are getting there about a decade after everyone else.

You can be angry, you can make petitions, you can press dislike button on youtube-it doesn't matter, because half of the community will have new commanders after preview ends, everyone who wants total war warhammer will preorder it for dlc that clearly is a part of the game specifically cut to be a dlc instead of actual preorder bonus and other producers will keep doing what they do, because players are naive enough to make it work.

The Witcher, Pillars of Eternity, Dirty Bomb begs to differ. And don't forget TF2, its drop system is so much better than COH2 that it's not even funny.
3 Nov 2015, 09:00 AM

i like to play competitive games were everyone is on a equal playing field.

Sad thing is that it almost never happens. There is always some discrepancy with this game that doesn't allow for balance and fairness. The heavy reliance of RNG also makes this game highly inconsistent.
3 Nov 2015, 09:32 AM

Sad thing is that it almost never happens. There is always some discrepancy with this game that doesn't allow for balance and fairness. The heavy reliance of RNG also makes this game highly inconsistent.

rng is for everyone so it balance iteslf out. i was only speaking about commanders, a similiar system to vcoh would be the dream..
3 Nov 2015, 09:37 AM

rng is for everyone so it balance iteslf out. i was only speaking about commanders, a similiar system to vcoh would be the dream..

The funny thing is that this game has more commanders than vCOH yet vCOH has more strategies that you can use. I guess it's quality over quantity.
3 Nov 2015, 09:40 AM

vCOH has more strategies that you can use. I guess it's quality over quantity.

Where are you getting this? Haha dude, why are you even posting random shit!
:bananadance:
3 Nov 2015, 09:49 AM

And who the fuck are you? I'm getting this from my playing experience over the years.
3 Nov 2015, 09:54 AM

as i remember vcoh doctrins were much more about a) picking a tree side of a doctrin for early game advantage or b) wait as long as possible to counterpick. i honestly remember using all doctrins and all handsides pretty often, but we were only top 200 at team or so but watched a ton of streams and they picked them all too so..
3 Nov 2015, 10:11 AM

And who the fuck are you? I'm getting this from my playing experience over the years.

Perfect example of you not knowing the scene :D
3 Nov 2015, 10:18 AM

The funny thing is that this game has more commanders than vCOH yet vCOH has more strategies that you can use. I guess it's quality over quantity.

:sibHyena:

Now THAT is some high quality bullshit right over there.

vCoH is extremely limited when it comes to strats and BOs. ATM the average is two per faction with brits having just one.

Even at the vcoh prime the MOST I remember was ONE for wehr, ONE for brits, WHOOPING THREE for PE and two for US. I'd hardly call that "more strats then coh2" given that you can use at least 2 different strats against any faction and that is just meta, excluding all the hipster strats players like StephennJF or RedxWings show constantly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★