what's the advantage of Ostheer in 1V1

20 Oct 2015, 23:48 PM

Playing with Ai is different than playing with Player,

i play with Ai just to test my micro,
but that doesn't help much agains player

what does help u if getting help in this forum,
these good Gentlemen will help improve u to be better
like some strategist help me to improve my 2v2

soon will be 1v1, ( still working on my ball to play 1v1 )
21 Oct 2015, 21:19 PM

Playing with Ai is different than playing with Player,

i play with Ai just to test my micro,
but that doesn't help much agains player

what does help u if getting help in this forum,
these good Gentlemen will help improve u to be better
like some strategist help me to improve my 2v2

soon will be 1v1, ( still working on my ball to play 1v1 )

:) all i said 1v1 2v2 not vs AI
21 Oct 2015, 23:28 PM

Today why Mechanic Assault Doctrine is so popular, I guess, is because of the problems I mentioned. But that would be a doctrine disadvantage. Moreover, Mechanic Assault does not work well against UKF, as Assault Grenadier does not have panzerfaust, Stug E could not penetrate middle tanks, British Sniper could easily wipe 250. Moreover, if Centaur AA comes, what would I do? British infantries would help Centaur clear Paks.So I could only use Stug G or Pz4. But that would make no sense to use Mechanic Assault.

I find mec Assault is a really great doctrine against UKF for you can skip T1 with AGrens can do a really great job against IS and now that you can make MG's from your HQ is a big advantage.
The build order I usually use with mec Assault is MG-AGren-MG-AGren-AGren-Battle Phase 2-Pios then the rest is up to you
22 Oct 2015, 01:34 AM

Skimmed over the thread but to answer the question in general (and hopefully Relic may notice this post)... almost everything about Ost is better than OKW.

Let's start with the basics.

Volks are terrible. They really are. They're glorified AT guns that can retreat. They struggle to kill opposing infantry because their DPS is so low. Their grenade is handy, but dodge-able and expensive for a faction that gets a munitions income penalty. Plus you want those schrecks or mines.

Sturms are passable early game but bleed hard mid/late game and need to spend time repairing/sweeping instead of fighting.

Kubel is good... until the M20 or M3 comes, at which point you've wasted your manpower in most cases. I still believe the Kubel to be vital to properly early game OKW play in 1v1s but it could use a redesign in my opinion.

Everything from the Mech Truck tends to be sub-par for cost this patch. Thus you have to open med truck every game. Really that's not such a bad thing since the Jp4 is amazing and ISGs are great this patch. But that's about where the benefits end.

Getting an early JP4 is highly necessary given how fast Centaurs, Shermans and Quads can hit the field. This tends to leave OKW with few options other than turtling around their med truck until they can field the Jp4. The problem with this is that your generalized armor and non-doctrinal elite infantry (that can kill, unlike Volks) are locked in your T4 building. It is almost always overly difficult to field your T4 in an even game. It is just too easy to fall too far behind to enemy armor without a Jp4 on the field since your Pz4 comes considerably later with the fuel penalty OKW suffers.

Ultimately this leads you to rely on not teching, and calling in Ostwinds. Thankfully Scavenge also has JLI which are semi-elite infantry and quite efficient. They just don't kill quickly.

Overall OKW isn't "bad" just a bit on the weak side. They certainly have a lot of difficulty dealing with USF because of no reliable M20 snare. Against UKF Volks are dominated at all ranges by infantry sections. Against Soviet Shocks and Guards pose a big threat without access to Obers. Once again, without easy access to a snare units like the T70 and KV8 become extremely deadly. I guess you can at least have a Jp4 out before a Kv8 but double ZiS + Kv8 still presents many problems.

So to actually answer your question:

Ostheer has LMG grenadiers that are significantly more efficient than Volks, while also providing the best AT snare in the game.

The HMG42 is crazy good in the right matchups on the right maps.

Tellers win games.

Ost sniper hard counters UKF early game, especially when screened by Ostruppen.

The 222 can easily handle pesky things like M3s while somewhat keeping the M20 at bay - at least the M20 can't just run at you since a faust + 222 will ruin the M20's day. Whereas a single schreck is easy to vehicle push so it won't every hit the M20 more than once per engagement.

Not to mention quicker and more streamlined access to the Pz4 as well as the Tiger to lock in late game and solid off maps like the Ju87 skill planes.

I can't think of anything OKW does better than Ost this patch except perhaps ISG stuff. That's basically your only viable strategy in a competitive game. Crutch on ISGs, JLI, Jp4 and Ostwind. The rest of your tech is either under performing or generally too expensive to field unless the game goes quite late. Or both.
22 Oct 2015, 01:47 AM

So I really wondering what's the most advantage unit of Ostheer in early-mid game.

They don't have one IMV. They are very different from COH1. And that's a good thing.

In COH2 they most balanced and versatile faction in the game, but their opening game is both weak relatively and doctrine situational depending upon whether you are playing 1v1 or 2v2 and who your opponent/s is/are what your/they opponent do/does in terms of play and choice of doctrine.

Grens are rubbish at the moment, and Pios are absurdly ineffective for cost. Grens = 4 men, fragile, with rubbish firepower which is exaerbated by being outnumbered because of USF/SOV ability to buy inf straight out of the box vs T1 build time delay & cost. So a doc with Ostruppen (6 man) call ins at low CP or 0 CP AG call ins can be very useful to field effective inf volume fast in conjunction with supp MGs out of the HQ building which allows you to compete equally in opening vs Sov & USF, and dominate UKF. Cheap AG 5 man resilience + sprint + MP40 = death to 4 man Brit squads.

Soviets and USF used prudently both can have very strong infantry openings in the particular. If 1v1 UKF push hard with inf, then Mech with AGs and followup Mech PzG cruels them savagely. AG's don't tier well, but it doesn't matter. Kill whole UKF models in opening and you put them behind the curve so hard if you play right they will not catch up. Do it X2 makes it even better.

OTOH different choice against Soviet or/and USF spam. AG's don't fare near so well and don't tier, so Ostruppen are far better supp inf to Grens and PzGr IMO. Ostheer in COH2 needs to be played smart rather than just def stall for Vet 3 impunity like in COH1.

Ostheer's Achilles' Heel IMV is opening game on small fast maps like "Crossing in the Woods", however 1v1 gives you more space to 'breath' on that map. In 2v2 against a Soviets and USF or double combo the infantry spam IMBA is exacerbated and needs to be handled judiciously. Opening against UKF in 1v1 is easy in comparison. However a UKF player who knows his stuff working in synergy with voicom SOV or USF player in 2v2 will punish complacency hard.
22 Oct 2015, 09:12 AM

Mechanic Assault Doctrine ...does not work well against UKF

Here's where my experience with MAC vs UKF runs totally contrary to yours. It's arguably the best COH2 1v1 doctrine of the lot against UKF, but not if you play Ostheer like most COH1 Wehr players play Wehr. I'm an COH1 ex-PE player, and for those who play a mobile aggressive defense and offense, it's a stunning doctrine in opening against Brits which will allow Ostheer to dominate immediately to frequently win in the first 15~20 minutes. If not, Ostheer have sufficient other toys and balance to win in their own right.

As I posted elsewhere, 5 man AG's just rape UKF opening 4 man infantry, and you can get plenty of them on the field fast. Push with AGs followed up by MGs mutually supporting one another. Interdict and kill or force retreat of any individual squads or MGs he might be sending to obvious points or buildings whilst they are en-route and vulnerable. Three AG killing (#1 priority) and capping = dead Brit inf models + territorial/tactical/resource domination. Bren Gun Carrier is negated by dual MGs and multiple AGs firing from green cover. Triangulated presenting multiple targets with some flanking and or rear fire is best. It is fragile and will soon retreat or die. You don't need 'fausts. If he doesn't retreat fast he'll lose whole squads and the carrier. Good. This will force him to seek a hard counter or blob. Anticipate which. If you permit him to set up a Bofors and /or mortar pit mutually supporting in a critical tactical position, you deserve what you get. MAC requires aggressive offensive patrolling policy of territorial denial. If you execute this right, all but better UKF players will be overwhelmed and load shedding big time by now. You'll have their original plan in tatters.

Do this and not only with you have a healthy resource income and have him denied by dominating the field, but if he's lost enough units, will have sufficient CP for Mech PzG call in if req. Their value lies in their overrun ability to get behind MGs, deal with fragile flammenBGC from behind or circle strafing and Engineers' Stens or Commandos up close whilst mounted. Mounted they deal a lot of damage with their StGs and don't take much. Don't underestimate their power within their availability window, expensive as they might seem. They can inflict a lot more MP pain than they cost, and used prudently in a timely manner are as damaging and impactful as AGs.

The Ausf E StuG should be as hard hitting as OKW's le IG or USF's PACK howitzer, but like the SOV T-34/76, the game's Ausf E 75mm IG is a relative piece of junk. It's actually the same short 75mm gun as the Pzkpfw IV early Ausf command tank IRL, yet as is evident, the two guns perform like night and day, chalk and cheese in game. The Ausf E's entry window really needs to be brought back to lower CP call in as it previously was, and its IG buffed bigtime IMV. Even so, all the advantage and killing by those AGs and MechPzG will make CP for it available pretty fast. Importantly, whilst not ideal, when you haven't tiered up to T3 or haven't the fuel and/or time to do so and get an Ausf G, it is a decent enough goto call in which can deal with early vehicles like the AEC, T-70 and even Su-76 (obviously not stupidly HtH) or call-ins like SOV HT mounted Guards, the USF's AA HT or SOV Quad and even force a Stuart back to restrict its otherwise undeterred rampage. Like its SOV sibling the T-34/76, the poor old StuG III Ausf E really needs some love from Relic. Importantly, it is more mobile than a PAK and can operate with more independence as it doesn't need the same level of infantry support or shepherding. A PAK for those early vehicles is overkill in terms of punch, very vulnerable to overrun from them or infantry during a time when infantry availability is limited, where if not better serving elsewhere is possibly at base during forced reinforcement retreat leaving them unsupported. OTOH, Ausf E first, is very powerful in conjunction with a subsequent accompanying PAK, because you know your opponent is going for a dominating counter to the former the moment it presents.

Then there's light inf barrage. It may seem underwhelming, but used opportunistically and targeted cleverly, it can be a game turner. And lastly of course, who doesn't love a Tiger?

If MAC isnt working for you against UKF, ask yourself why? It is my goto doctrine of choice against UKF in 1v1 on most maps because it nullifies their otherwise strong and numerous opening infantry firepower and instant call on numerical advantages which impacts hard psychologically. Very powerful doctrine against Brits especially which is why so many choose it. But it's a doctrine for aggressive mobile players. If that isn't how you're using it or that goes against your base nature's temperament, which if you are a COH1 Wehr player it's probable it does, then I can understand why it's not working for you.

Those early 5 man AG squads survive the forced retreats and can remain in the field or recrew weps where 4 man Grens don't, and reduced can't recrew without whole model trade. Don't underestimate the ability to put more and effective inf on the field early and faster for superior relative firepower, numerical advantage and shock when it counts to establish dominance because you can skip building T1 until later once established advantage permits.

Try it. You might like it. If it doesn't play to your strengths, then Ostheer have something else which will.

22 Oct 2015, 11:52 AM

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Play 100 games as allies. You'll see strongest features of axis.
22 Oct 2015, 18:11 PM

I play 1v1 only. I'm not an ost fanboy to make it clear. I like all fractions. I haven't bought the brits yet but played against them a few times. The conclusions are that you have to be much better skilled that your opponent to win. Another option is they make some super mistakes. You can't lose almost any units/manpower cause then you're doomed. Even if you win a few skirmishes in a row and use some really clever tactics and micro, one granade from your opponent and the game may be over for you. Ost units are sooooo much more fragile and really expensive to tech and buy. Its bad with inf. but even worse with vehicles. If your opponent is patient and doesn't overextend there's no way you can win. Only really bad players will let you destroy their tanks. Instead they will piecemeally kill your grens or panzergrens, mgs and so on. As coh 1 veteran, having played the game from when it was first released i have to say that ost/wehr balance has never been worse in 1v1. I have a feeling the game is biased against ost, which is a shame. That's why you shouldn't worry if you lose playing as wehr in 1v1. Its just difficult to win.
23 Oct 2015, 21:35 PM

I play 1v1 only. I'm not an ost fanboy to make it clear. I like all fractions. I haven't bought the brits yet but played against them a few times. The conclusions are that you have to be much better skilled that your opponent to win. Another option is they make some super mistakes. You can't lose almost any units/manpower cause then you're doomed. Even if you win a few skirmishes in a row and use some really clever tactics and micro, one granade from your opponent and the game may be over for you. Ost units are sooooo much more fragile and really expensive to tech and buy. Its bad with inf. but even worse with vehicles. If your opponent is patient and doesn't overextend there's no way you can win. Only really bad players will let you destroy their tanks. Instead they will piecemeally kill your grens or panzergrens, mgs and so on. As coh 1 veteran, having played the game from when it was first released i have to say that ost/wehr balance has never been worse in 1v1. I have a feeling the game is biased against ost, which is a shame. That's why you shouldn't worry if you lose playing as wehr in 1v1. Its just difficult to win.

I have to agree. Statistics and personal experience show that things are just bad right now for the axis and with the next patch and Pershing coming I feel that it might get worse.
Stats go as follows:

USF
SU
UKF
Ost
OKW

As you can see both axis factions are at the bottom.
Unfortunately for me I find Ost most satisfying to play... damn you relic.
Hat
25 Oct 2015, 02:29 AM

USF
SU
UKF
Ost
OKW

As you can see both axis factions are at the bottom.
Unfortunately for me I find Ost most satisfying to play... damn you relic.

OKW and Ost are great factions. They attract the worse players for that very reason (also wehraboos) and that brings down their average.

25 Oct 2015, 14:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2015, 02:29 AMHat

OKW and Ost are great factions. They attract the worse players for that very reason (also wehraboos) and that brings down their average.

That's true I didn't really think of that.
27 Oct 2015, 20:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2015, 02:29 AMHat

haha yes exactly my thoughts. thats why ocf was dominated by allied factions (even tho 2 ally commanders were banned )in the end rounds x)
27 Oct 2015, 21:40 PM

Tbh I'd love relic to introduce the possibility to play same fractions against each other. This would give real satisfaction in winning and cut all usually biased discussions. Players could play eg us vs us and then ost vs ost. This way there would be no impolite and ridiculous dicussions about balance and real skills of the players. I don't think it would stop ppl playing different fractions against one another. It would complement coh nicely I'm.
Hat
27 Oct 2015, 23:29 PM

Tbh I'd love relic to introduce the possibility to play same fractions against each other. This would give real satisfaction in winning and cut all usually biased discussions. Players could play eg us vs us and then ost vs ost. This way there would be no impolite and ridiculous dicussions about balance and real skills of the players. I don't think it would stop ppl playing different fractions against one another. It would complement coh nicely I'm.

You can. Just not ranked.
28 Oct 2015, 02:36 AM

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Play 100 games as allies. You'll see strongest features of axis.

Or like me play 20 and get into the top 100 as Soviets xD

Or play some as brits and never lose...

Sun Tzu's art of war only applies if the opponents are balanced. In this game they are clearly not.
28 Oct 2015, 11:46 AM

Im COH1 Wehrmacht Player, who wants move to COH2 too. SO!
Im lazy to check it, pls tell me:
Doest Wehrmacht in COH2 has V1 and Firestorms?!
28 Oct 2015, 12:03 PM

Permanently Banned
Get a 222 as Ostheer and you will have a certain early gg. The thing is an absolute beast. It can 1v1 Stuarts, T70s, AA HTs and of course an early T34!
28 Oct 2015, 21:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 11:46 AMSeven
Im COH1 Wehrmacht Player, who wants move to COH2 too. SO!
Im lazy to check it, pls tell me:
Doest Wehrmacht in COH2 has V1 and Firestorms?!

has something like firestorm,v1 ? yeah almost,its name stuka bomb.still remember about 6years ago my v1 rocket was hang on tree(didnt work) in Hill 331 on the corner of map near miunation :)
29 Oct 2015, 07:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 21:29 PMSoheil

has something like firestorm,v1 ? yeah almost,its name stuka bomb.still remember about 6years ago my v1 rocket was hang on tree(didnt work) in Hill 331 on the corner of map near miunation :)

I had situations like that. DOnt remember where :D
Stuka bomb? SO, I will remember name of it. I will try to use it. ^^
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment