Login

russian armor

How to counter brit sniper as OKW?

11 Oct 2015, 17:24 PM

I'm having a massive amount of trouble countering the brit sniper as OKW. I just am at a loss of what to do. When I'm dealing with 2+ snipers, I just don't know how to respond. Their high rate of fire, coupled with their AT abilities and snares makes it very difficult to counter them as OKW. We don't have access to any sort of early, fast scout vehicles (Kubel excluded because it cannot counter the sniper). We can only blob infantry towards their sniper in the hopes we can catch it off guard. I'm actually finding myself struggling with manpower bleed as OKW, something I very rarely experience due to brit snipers.

My current strategy is to go Battlegroup into a fast Schwerer to get a Luchs, but the problem with this is that the sniper can just snare the Luchs and prevent you from chasing it down. Often times, really good players will bait your luchs into an at gun, snare it, and then it cannot escape (One reason why I think this ability should be locked into vet 1 at least).

Fallschirmjagers are probably the only thing I've managed to have success with, and only if the sniper is right next to a building I can spawn them from. Add to it they're locked into a commander, so if I don't choose luft support I can't use them to counter.

So, how are other OKW players countering brit snipers? Any suggestions on how to deal with them?
11 Oct 2015, 17:40 PM

ISG.

It wipes snipers.
11 Oct 2015, 17:41 PM

Apparently the Kubelwagen got buffed a lot against snipers a patch ago. Bigger detection range and accuracy vs. snipers. I haven't tried it myself, but maybe consider that option?
11 Oct 2015, 17:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 17:41 PMHorasu
Apparently the Kubelwagen got buffed a lot against snipers a patch ago. Bigger detection range and accuracy vs. snipers. I haven't tried it myself, but maybe consider that option?

dont use kubel its a trap,

kubel need to stand stil to burst fire, when it move, it hardly do any burst n dmg,
(2 dmg for MG34)

try chase that sniper with kubel on the move, u'll regret it trust me, doesn't feel like when u using 222 or m3 or UC

katikof tell that u need a puma to vet 1 n use the aimed shot at sniper
but u know that brits sniper are the only sniper can "snare" light vehicle
so meaing when sniper is out AT is out when he snare u AT will get a clear shot, so its a lost for u..
11 Oct 2015, 17:51 PM

Use ISG it's far more accurate :hansRNG:
11 Oct 2015, 17:55 PM

ISG makes him want to keep his sniper far away
11 Oct 2015, 17:58 PM

Permanently Banned
Sniper play is very frustrating to fight against. 2 microed snipers is the most aggravating thing to play against as any faction really imo, well that and indirect fire spam..
11 Oct 2015, 19:18 PM

but u know that brits sniper are the only sniper can "snare" light vehicle

And that is why using tommies as shield while putting the sniper behind them, is one of the most cheese tactics in the game, british sniper being able to softcounter his very counter. Brits came with the most broken units ever. Just remove the anti - vehicle abilities of the sniper and all will be fine.
11 Oct 2015, 19:49 PM

Panzer fusilier spam, or simply spam volks.

If he ties his MP into double sniper he will have zero map control, if he tries to extend his lines he opens himself up for a flnak that will wipe all his fragile units.

Don't rush a PII and just stay in med truck until JP for his centuar.
12 Oct 2015, 05:08 AM

Sniper play is very frustrating to fight against. 2 microed snipers is the most aggravating thing to play against as any faction really imo, well that and indirect fire spam..

a well micro sniper can be counter by m3 scout car,m20 rushing to them, as long as gren are away from the sniper

but not as OKW, as if u play agains brits sniper, brits sniper can snare n press T
or like johnnyB said, brits sniper standing behind IS, its imposible to get that sniper cause they can see 222 scout car early,

n Plus if AS OKW, i can hardly think of any counter for Brits sniper
12 Oct 2015, 05:17 AM

you don't need to counter it, just build 2 ISG and bleed the MP back
12 Oct 2015, 05:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 19:49 PMRollo
Panzer fusilier spam, or simply spam volks.

Fusilier spam may be the only viable tactics, because they have many models in the squad. Volks, - no way - they are to shitty these days and lose to almost everything, tommies will tear them appart. You will only (maybe) force the sniper to retreat and that's about it.

ISGs- we can't talk about them, they are to random and anyway they will be nerfed. That puma aimshot will mean that you need to build Puma building, and if the brit oponent makes some bofors you are screwed => tough choices for OKW, unforgiving mistakes, simple and cheesee play for brits. GG Relic.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 17
South Africa 1
United Kingdom 146
Germany 24

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %