Login

russian armor

grenadier/panzergrenadier lack of survivability

PAGES (10)down
16 Oct 2015, 16:17 PM

?? Of Course a WELL timed rifle nade will have effect. Thats the point behind well timed. Did i mention well timed ones or the General use? Look it up before u tryhard with your passive flamin'.

What the hell is a "general use" and "a well timed grenade" You made no distinction in your post, and any "general use" greande must be well timed or it will obviously be dodged. But this still doesn't change that rifle nades are the best nades in the game and are of course also require no research.

Like seriously, buffing grens is the last thing this game needs right now. Nerf allied infantry if you want, but do not buff grens.

Oh and btw you dont need to rely on grens vs USF or UKF. Snipers have always been the counter to them, and that didin't change.

I'm not even talking about the insane combination of command tank + LMG gren blob making your LMG blob essentially unstopabble or CAS which allows you to easily outspam your opponent by making a huge LMG blob after 3CPs.

I don't see the problem of rifles or IS outscaling grens. IS are a bit too cheap for 28mp though.

16 Oct 2015, 16:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2015, 16:07 PMMuxsus
Grens have the best infantry snare (having the most range and pen), best (arguably) core infantry grenade, and an lmg upgrade, all for zero cost since you don't have to sidetech the upgrades. They don't really need to be the best squad in terms of raw combat effectiveness. Ask any Sov player if he wants to trade Cons for Grens and he will say yes, unless ppsh doctrine. It's the utility of Grens that makes them valuable, not their glorious lmg blobs of the past.

Agreed I keep seeing players try to slam their gren blobs against my british combined arms, and then they complain that brits are OP, when all they needed was a pak/mg and a tiny bit more micro to overwhelm me.
16 Oct 2015, 16:28 PM
Patrion 14

Rifle nades seem to be 100% RNG. Sometimes doing little to no damage, sometimes wiping full health, clumped up squads.

But I thought we were discussing survival capabilities of the Grens and not of the Grens' victims. Iam far more often getting my Grens wiped by a well placed grenade, then I wipe squads with the rifle nade. Still all in all l2p issue.
16 Oct 2015, 16:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2015, 16:17 PMBurts

What the hell is a "general use" and "a well timed grenade" You made no distinction in your post, and any "general use" greande must be well timed or it will obviously be dodged. But this still doesn't change that rifle nades are the best nades in the game and are of course also require no research.

Like seriously, buffing grens is the last thing this game needs right now. Nerf allied infantry if you want, but do not buff grens.

Oh and btw you dont need to rely on grens vs USF or UKF. Snipers have always been the counter to them, and that didin't change.

I'm not even talking about the insane combination of command tank + LMG gren blob making your LMG blob essentially unstopabble or CAS which allows you to easily outspam your opponent by making a huge LMG blob after 3CPs.

I don't see the problem of rifles or IS outscaling grens. IS are a bit too cheap for 28mp though.

Well timed=Distract your enemy and nade which is not possible when only a HandFul of units are fighting since the enemy wont sleep and will pay attention to these Small skirmishes.but hey since u mention op gren blobs i think we dont need to Argument anymore. Everyone has their oppions
16 Oct 2015, 16:34 PM

Well timed=Distract your enemy and nade which is not possible when only a HandFul of units are fighting since the enemy wont sleep and will pay attention to these Small skirmishes.but hey since u mention op gren blobs i think we dont need to Argument anymore. Everyone has their oppions

OP gren blobs? Where did i mention that. You were the one that seems to insist that grens are terrible and need buffs.
16 Oct 2015, 16:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2015, 16:34 PMBurts

OP gren blobs? Where did i mention that. You were the one that seems to insist that grens are terrible and need buffs.

"I'm not even talking about the insane combination of command tank + LMG gren blob making your LMG blob essentially unstopabble"

Using adjectives like "INSANE combination" combined with "making your LMG blob essentially UNSTOPABBLE" makes it look like gren blobs are insane and almost unstopabble, ergo overpowered.

Argh why do i even continue-.-
16 Oct 2015, 17:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2015, 13:20 PMJohnnyB

Relief infantry is not grenadiers.

Really? Now you are gonna tell me Rapid conscription doesn't give Penals /s

"I'm not even talking about the insane combination of command tank + LMG gren blob making your LMG blob essentially unstopabble"

Using adjectives like "INSANE combination" combined with "making your LMG blob essentially UNSTOPABBLE" makes it look like gren blobs are insane and almost unstopabble, ergo overpowered.

There's a huge difference between LMG Gren blobs and LMG Gren Blobs in combination with PIV command tank. Cause that basically transforms grens on a 5man squad HP wise.

PD: theres no gamble with nades. Either you aim well or your opponent dodges it. If you use it against someone using heavy cover, expect to do 50% less damage.
16 Oct 2015, 17:17 PM

I will abuse the shit out of this then when im back home, Thanks for the tip (serious here)
16 Oct 2015, 20:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I will abuse the shit out of this then when im back home, Thanks for the tip (serious here)

Seriouslee ?

16 Oct 2015, 20:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Seriouslee ?

:clap:
16 Oct 2015, 23:00 PM

I wasn't initially unsympathetic to the idea that was a problem here, as Wehr have had small squad sizes all the way back to CoH1. CoH2 was just keeping with the established standard that had already worked, so there shouldn't be a problem.

But now it occurs to me that there may well be a problem because of the changes to the veterancy system. Where in CoH1 it wasn't such a big deal to have a squad wiped, because their veterancy was attached to base upgrades, now it's a much more significant issue. In CoH1, your newly built squad would have the vet you have upgraded for its type, but now it's all lost.

In this light, maybe continuing the the 6:4 balance in squad sizes that CoH1 established isn't such a good idea. But I'm not sure exactly what else to suggest doing. It was obviously intended to create the thematic effect of the Germans being outnumbered, and this would be lost if grens and pgrens went up to 5 men. Changing all the squads so the relationship is 8:6 would likely work, but it would be a major overhaul. IIRC, the Eastern Front mod for CoH1 had some 8 man squads, and it didn't seem to change things hugely, but it would still be a big deal.
16 Oct 2015, 23:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2015, 23:00 PMsquippy
I wasn't initially sympathetic to the idea that was a problem here, as Wehr have had small squad sizes all the way back to CoH1. CoH2 was just keeping with the established standard that had already worked, so there shouldn't be a problem.

But now it occurs to me that there may well be a problem because of the changes to the veterancy system. Where in CoH1 it wasn't such a big deal to have a squad wiped, because their veterancy was attached to base upgrades, now it's a much more significant issue. In CoH1, your newly built squad would have the vet you have upgraded for its type, but now it's all lost.

In this light, maybe continuing the the 6:4 balance in squad sizes that CoH1 established isn't such a good idea. But I'm not sure exactly what else to suggest doing. It was obviously intended to create the thematic effect of the Germans being outnumbered, and this would be lost if grens and pgrens went up to 5 men. Changing all the squads so the relationship is 8:6 would likely work, but it would be a major overhaul. IIRC, the Eastern Front mod for CoH1 had some 8 man squads, and it didn't seem to change things hugely, but it would still be a big deal.

HOLY FUCK NO, DO NOT DO THIS EVER

LOOK AT THE ONE-SHOTTING WE HAD TO DEAL WITH BECAUSE 6-MAN SQUADS WOULDN'T ALWAYS FIT ONTO COVER

GAZE UPON THE BLOOD AND CRAWLER-SOAKED GROUND

Unless we change like every map also to do this. Then I'd be fine with it. But I'd also be certain that's why they won't.
17 Oct 2015, 03:40 AM
Patrion 14

Purchased veterancy for Wehrmacht in CoH1 was quite literally one of the most hideous, awful, and game-worsening mechanics to ever grace the franchise. It caused so much trouble that it can't even be enumerated, but for starters, it made Wehr late game impossible to balance, it ensured Wehr would never get too good veterancy bonuses (compare Riflemen vet3 bonus with Grenadier vet3 bonus and weep), and it made medic bunker spam viable because not only could you convert Volks into vastly superior Grenadiers for free, you could convert them to VETERAN Grenadiers.

Oh and for longer than two years' period the game had only defensive bonuses for practically all Wehr units (vet3 mortar crew? 25% reduced incoming damage. Wheeee!).

There was no "veterancy" because nothing was tied to the units' performance in the field. Purchasable vet was nothing else than a set of unlockable techs that buffed different parts of your army, conceptually not different to BAR upgrade, Group Zeal, Fieldcraft etc.
17 Oct 2015, 04:45 AM
Patrion 28

the other issue with adding models is performance; every model you add decreases performance on an already shittily optimized game.
17 Oct 2015, 07:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2015, 16:07 PMMuxsus
Grens have the best infantry snare (having the most range and pen), best (arguably) core infantry grenade, and an lmg upgrade, all for zero cost since you don't have to sidetech the upgrades. They don't really need to be the best squad in terms of raw combat effectiveness. Ask any Sov player if he wants to trade Cons for Grens and he will say yes, unless ppsh doctrine. It's the utility of Grens that makes them valuable, not their glorious lmg blobs of the past.

So basically grenadiers and panzergrenadiers need to remain defenceless against usf and UK infantry lategame is what you are saying?
17 Oct 2015, 07:27 AM

I cant test it myself but who Wins vet 3 gren or vet 3 conscript?
17 Oct 2015, 10:11 AM
Patrion 28

I cant test it myself but who Wins vet 3 gren or vet 3 conscript?

i know grens win at long range and i'm pretty sure cons win at short.
17 Oct 2015, 10:42 AM

i know grens win at long range and i'm pretty sure cons win at short.

So Cons Arent worse than grens like some1 stated?
17 Oct 2015, 10:55 AM

So Cons Arent worse than grens like some1 stated?

Conscripts have more survivability by far.And my point was the helplessness of wehr infantry lategame vs usf and uk infantry,against whom they are slaughtered like sheep after veterancy changes and now reinforcement for IS.
17 Oct 2015, 12:54 PM

Purchased veterancy for Wehrmacht in CoH1 was quite literally one of the most hideous, awful, and game-worsening mechanics...

Perhaps. But you'll have to make an actual case for this argument, rather than simply asserting it. Moreover, it's irrelevant to then point I was making. The fact remains that the Wehr player in CoH1 was not punished as badly by wipes as the Wehr player in CoH2. But the 4:6 ratio established in CoH1 remains.

Oh and for longer than two years' period the game had only defensive bonuses for practically all Wehr units (vet3 mortar crew? 25% reduced incoming damage. Wheeee!).

For a numerically disadvantaged faction, defensive abilities that increase survivability are extremely important. Thank you for reinforcing the point I was making.

There was no "veterancy" because nothing was tied to the units' performance in the field.

Semantics.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight