Login

russian armor

Next patch sneak peak by Relic

8 Oct 2015, 21:32 PM
Caster Badge

They stated that several of their designers were looking into it actually. But that they had nothing to immediately say about it.
8 Oct 2015, 22:34 PM

I don't care how long it takes to get a patch released, I just want them to thoroughly internally test it.

They need to get rid of the Patch Mod system and go to a PTR system that MMO's like WoW and EVE online have. That way players don't need to spend nearly as much effort in order to find matches. Simply offer an option on the main menu to switch to "Beta mode" which gives you an overview of the upcoming patch changes and allows for auto matching with other beta testers.

They also need a more robust bug finding system, they shouldn't need to rely on 2-3 players in the entire community to find things. Me and Cruzz shouldn't know more about the internal game mechanics than the people developing the game.
8 Oct 2015, 23:28 PM

KV-8 will still be viable as long as they just tweak it. The only thing needs to be changed is slower flame DPS. It's got good armor, Health and good mobility for its size but it wipes Pak guns so fast you don't even need to bother with flanking or smoke just drive up and they are fried in 2 seconds.

A single pak will always die to a KV-8 unless its damage is nerfed to be on par with pioneers.

It has heavy enough armour, speed and range to simply continue to attack it if the pak tries to move away. Whether it takes 2 seconds or 4 seconds makes no difference.

To prevent this it's often wise to build mines or strictly overwhelm him with multiple AT guns.
9 Oct 2015, 01:05 AM
Patrion 310

im a big fan of rts games i have done my long research and couldnt find decent rts game beside coh2, actually there is one but it lack of activity bcz EA lost its liscense and official servers are down: "The Rise Of The Witch-King" Known as "Rotwk" its a lord of the rings rts game, althought u can still be able find other players to play with on GameRanger.com Software. sadly automatch and ranking is no longer available but we use www.Clanwars.cc league and report matches manual.

Rotwk is a masterpeice rts imo, you can check out latest video commentaries here http://www.gamereplays.org/riseofthewitchking/videos.php?game=52

Thx for feedback, I'll check it out.

Im just fed up with naysayers giving the false impression that Relic is a failure because they have SC2 to cling on to or some braindead MOBA game that dont require half a brain active to play.
Ofc the naysayers fail to realize that Blizzard have not made one single RTS that is not a C&C clone and I highly doubt they will ever make one. SC3? No, they are more likely to remake SC1.

For those of us that want to focus on the future of innovative RTS and/or MMO RTS there is no real competition to Relic / Creative Assembly working now under the same umbrella at Sega.

Yes Relic/CA have been a niche genre compared to the success of C&C clones/SC, but that dont mean it will continue to stay that way. With SC2 eSport hype slowly dying in South Korea and Blizzard moving to MOBA games/team based FPS (Overwatch), the future for CA/Relic RTS/MMORTS looks promising for the next 10 years or longer.

I want to stress again that MMO RTS are pretty huge on mobile/tablets and console MMO RTS also have alot of potential. Relic/CA haven't even started to get a MMO brand on cross-platforms. So far CA are making baby steps with Total War:Arena (I have been playing the beta) which is like a medieval version of Company of Heroes: Online that was cancelled to make COH2 instead. More MMO spin-off games are coming for sure that tie with COH, DoW and Total War series. Look at Total War: Warhammer, CA are starting to build up hype for the DoW franchise for Relic. Relic have said before, if they make DoW3 it'll become more MMO like, MMO-spin off will happen to COH as well.
You can rest assure both Relic and CA are thinking about getting into the console market for the "casual player" and maybe in 5+ years highend tablets as CA/Relic "games on the go".

So really, its time to get excited as a community to help Relic/CA build the next generation of RTS on PC and/or MMO RTS games on cross platforms.

Yes even Paula can get on the "hype train";
9 Oct 2015, 01:16 AM
Patrion 28

stuff

at this point CoH2's success is up to relic. they really fucking dropped the ball with DoW2: ret and the first two years or so of CoH2. assuming they don't have a relapse though then the current effort we're seeing to fixing shit should have the game in good shape pretty fast and will set a good precedent for dow3/whatever is next.
9 Oct 2015, 01:17 AM

This game was released 2 years ago,it is still suffering from balance problems, bugs, exploits and optimization issues.

Move on to greener pastures folks, there are better, higher quality games out there.

Actually the game was balanced not long ago and balanced before. Relic likes to experiment with new ideas once we're satisfied and that leads to imbalance again. ISGs and Pack Howis were fine before the changes they made to it, I think they just need to revert the changes. So you don't know much about what goes on. lol
9 Oct 2015, 01:24 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Ofc the naysayers fail to realize that Blizzard have not made one single RTS that is not a C&C clone and I highly doubt they will ever make one. SC3? No, they are more likely to remake SC1.
Reminds me of a claim I heard somewhere that SC2 could have been extremely different from the early stages before they decided to go with something particularly familiar. Can't actually find a source anywhere to back up that claim though, I'll admit.

Pretty sure they had veterancy as a gameplay mechanic in far, far earlier builds though.
9 Oct 2015, 06:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2015, 19:07 PMnigo
source: relic stream

credits: reddit

Did the patch already come out? Ever since the Brits have been release I've always have a negative kill ratio when I win games against Brits. Doesn't seem right too me.
9 Oct 2015, 08:08 AM
Donator 11

9 Oct 2015, 08:21 AM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2015, 06:42 AMiceman

Did the patch already come out? Ever since the Brits have been release I've always have a negative kill ratio when I win games against Brits. Doesn't seem right too me.

Why exactly would that be not right?
9 Oct 2015, 08:23 AM

For the love of god please be a reduction to the Churchill's HP. That tank is broken as f*ck atm
9 Oct 2015, 08:49 AM

They stated that several of their designers were looking into it actually. But that they had nothing to immediately say about it.

Well, they need to stop looking and start working on it :sibHyena:
9 Oct 2015, 08:58 AM

Everything just seems to go so slow at Relic.

@Jagdfalke

Yesterday my team was kinda on the hard time and losing, until I got my crocodile. with only 34 VP's left on our side and they had 485 I swinged the game into our favour only because 1 Churchill Crocodile. I understand how you feel. 1 tank or 1 sort of tank shouldn't take on that much hits and still be able to survive and kill that many. 124 infantry kills and 4 tank kills Kappa
9 Oct 2015, 09:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2015, 20:41 PMUrmel

WHO are you coming in here and being nothing except salty in every single post ?!

But he said true dude
9 Oct 2015, 09:23 AM

So? The way CoH is (RNG) makes it much harder to balance than other RTS like SC or AoE.
Even Smash Bros 4 is screwing up balance from patch to patch, adding exploits and so on. Just to mention a big player.

You can't say they don't try. With their new community manager things got A LOT better.

The real problem are bugs, 3 weeks to fix unlimited range Vickers Vet1, 5 weeks Gatling Sherman, etc, etc, they just don't test things, they just break things every patch, and take ages to fix them.
You can have the best community manager ever, but he will not fix the game.
9 Oct 2015, 10:02 AM

According to STEAM, COH2 is theyr current best RTS. I cant name a better RTS at the moment.
SC2 is good but not fun™.
Act of agression & GreyGoo lack charm and playerbase.
WFTO MAY compete in the RTS place, but it is full of unbalance and bugz (less and less now).
PA : Titans is particulary interesting however.
I realy miss DOW2... died too soon.

Kozo
9 Oct 2015, 12:00 PM

DOW2 is still kicking with Elite Mod.
9 Oct 2015, 14:05 PM

Dat meme though

*cringe*
9 Oct 2015, 19:51 PM

heck if they where to make something like coh2 for a tablet, console or something i could play it smoothly on. i'd throw the pc version out. :D
9 Oct 2015, 22:01 PM

Maybe don't play it on a potatoe? What specs are your rig
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight