Login

russian armor

Best strat for Ostheer

21 Jun 2013, 07:07 AM

Because tutorial might be exhausting, I've played that strat a dozen of times, and i get 99% win/lose ratio so far

1. First thing what we do, is to cap the most valuable point on map (from strategic point of view) or already secure the area with barbed wires, for example
- Winter Cholodny - no matter from which side we start, first pio must go on north fuel, first cap it, then get in house
- Summer Cholodny - Fuel is replaced with munition point, we do the same as on winter map
- Winter Prypjat - first pio must rush the bridge and build barbed wire on it to block enemy units movement
- Summer Prypjat - we do the same thing as on Winter, it's gonna be easier because you dont have to block area next to ice

2. From HQ we build another Pio squad that is building T1 and after that capping the map, my fav. BO from T1 depends on map
- G-G-MG-G i do on Prypjat maps and i secure middle with first two grens, later with MG
- MG-G-G-G i do on all other maps, especially it's good on Cholodny's because you have to put asap your MG on that north building to have that area under your control (at least in early stage)

3. When you have enough resources you have to tech T2 and build it, remember to do not upgrade LMG for grens, in early it's waste of ammo and it will be needed for other stuff, flamer for pios only if enemy is camping in building that needs to be yours

4. When your Pio/s are building T2, it's extremely important to build Med bunker, don't do that in base because it will be less efficient than build on the battle field, where to build in best place?
- Fairly away from main places of battle (NOTE: your medics won't heal your units while they are under fire!!)
- usually behind some building or hedgerows, on first or second captured point out of your base
- For example - Prypjat maps - near middle bridges, never on mid island, on your part of the map, behind hedgerows - Cholodny - left side - near that building next to your base and middle - right side - between church and your building next to your base.

5. When you got T2 here's what you have to do
- First SC if enemy got Flamer Scout cars (upgun can kill HT very quickly, but MG is also doing his job, choice up to you, but i rarely get upgun for SC)
- First HT is enemy is just playing with infantry, HT will provide forward reinforcements for your infantry (it's better to get HT than building another bunker with reinforcements), it's always the best to place your HT next to your med bunker and if situation requires that you can upgrade HT with Flammers, but always remember to have one HT near your med bunker
- Pak isn't required so fast, so it's best to go some Panzergrenadiers, 1 or 2 squads, remember to always have them on full health, go back to heal them up to med bunker or sth, because their reinforce is very high (45 per men)
- ofc later you have to get at least one pak, and hold him for now in base (because it will be safe there)

6. When you got plenty of Fuel, and you think that you are doing great job in this game, then it's perfect time to tech up to T3/T4

7. you do T3 when enemy doesn't have tank spam
- most important tank from T3 is P4 because his cost is fairly low, and has a great damage to enemy tanks and it's very powerful against infantry
- you get ostwind if your enemy is going heavy infantry strat (guards with conscripts combo for example)
- Stug when your P4's are having bad times against T34/s or better tanks

8. T4 comes later than T3, no doubt about that, and it has only two tanks that are worth making them - Panther and panzerwerfer
- you must have great fuel income if you want to get T4
- you get panther anytime, anywhere you spot enemy tanks, because it's best tank against enemy tanks that can be build in T4
- Panther is obviously not one tank army, because one Ram, and you are screwed, you must always keep your panther near your other units (mostly near any other AT units)
- you get panzerwerfer when your enemy is spamming some support weapons (AT guns, mortars), and you are safe from enemy tanks (they wont rush you to kill panzerwerfers for example)
- usually two panzerwerfers can provide very deadly combo to enemy, it's very importasnt to get at least one in late game when your game lasts for like 30 mins
- i didn't said anythng about SturmPanzer IV, why? because it costs too much, has a short firing range, reload is too long, damage has been reduced since last patch(patches), it's very slow and other units wuld be better than this one.

9. Doctrines - i Dunno what to say about them, all seems good and all seems bad, each doctrine has some useful abilities
21 Jun 2013, 16:27 PM

Good job Barton, thanks ;)
21 Jun 2013, 17:24 PM

Good Guide, hmm I've never built med bunker before, I will try that for next game

However, I use Stug instead of P4 becuz I think it has more cost efficiency. Stug and P4, both have decent armor and good dmg ( I think the same). The only better thing that P4 clearly has over Stug is mobility (and overdrive). However, due to the fuel 95 vs 115 and less man power required, I prefer Stug over P4. You should try building Stug too. I bet you will feel that it does not change the game much from building P4 but it has less cost.

Lastly, I don't think u need pak if u play German. You can use Stug or P4 to counter Soviet's tank anyway. I use pak only if that game I am at a very disadvantage and I can't get Stug in time the enemie's tank coming.
22 Jun 2013, 08:49 AM

P4 is way better vs inf, and has 360 degree turret

Pak is required for early vehicles, even before you get T3 and Stug/P4 enemy will surely have T34 or T70 at least
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★