Login

russian armor

Another bug & balance list

5 Oct 2015, 21:49 PM

That's a great list, over there!

I'm not sure whether you also want to include the following tidbits in your mega-list:

Another variation of the commando glider bug:
- Landing commando gliders on enemy fuel/munition caches will destroy them

Some Tommy-related bugs
- The guns obtained from Tommy vet3 count as weapons. This turns Tommy squads into weapon pinatas (a la old Guards)

Now, regarding Bren LMGs (I am merely repeating what Cruzz has mentioned in another thread):
- Units get a different version of the Bren gun, depending on which unit picks them up (Commando version > Sapper version > Tommy version). The commando version was probably made different so that it can be fired on the move. Is there any reason that sappers get a different version of the Bren gun?
- (Following up on the previous point) Bren weapons dropped will default to the Tommy version of the Bren.
5 Oct 2015, 21:55 PM
5 Oct 2015, 21:57 PM

+1 on threath. Relic fix it!! Or let Cruzzi Fix it, he even sums it up for you. Now you guys can be lazy as you want ...
5 Oct 2015, 22:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2015, 19:43 PMCruzz
Updates:

Added to general section:

Changing origin of infantry handheld AT weapons slightly higher would reduce them destroying their own cover without any real issues. Won't help with tall cover, but almost completely fixes with standard stonewalls etc.

Just another bug:

OKW cannot salvage the Lendlease sherman husk
5 Oct 2015, 22:07 PM

oh and the machine gun Shermans need a fix too
5 Oct 2015, 22:18 PM

Sticky this thread.
5 Oct 2015, 22:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2015, 21:45 PMcrash

no, they will ruin him
let's crowdfund him to makes the greatest rts known to mankind :bananadance::bananadance:

+99999
5 Oct 2015, 23:04 PM

You forgot BOYS AT rifles having accuracy of pre AI PTRS buff, which means they are huge downgrade instead of upgrade/worth calling in the squad.

I don't have the commander, they probably should be like PTRS but I don't want to comment on stuff with zero first hand experience on the issue.

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2015, 22:01 PMCorsin

OKW cannot salvage the Lendlease sherman husk

Already listed

- The guns obtained from Tommy vet3 count as weapons. This turns Tommy squads into weapon pinatas (a la old Guards)

An issue to be sure, but unfortunately a bit complex because if you count in the 2 upgraded guns they get, they get really insane vet bonuses. The pinata effect is kinda balancing that out right now...

Isn't Valiant Assault broken? I remember testing it repeatedly and the results with / without were always the same. If the code was copy+pasted does that mean Assault is broken too?

I haven't seen any indication of it being broken. But it's not really worth its cost either. You have better things to spend munitions on as OKW, always.

I think Penals fire faster on the move while Riflemen fire slower on the move, so that should balance it out in theory.

Running the numbers it seems like penal moving cooldown and accuracy are pretty much equivalent to riflemen higher moving accuracy & longer cooldown at short range where cooldown is minimized, and would be notably better at max range if other stats on penals didn't make them do absolutely nothing at that range. But that wasn't really the point, because riflemen aren't competing with a unit like conscripts for a chance to get built, or for that matter guards and shocks...

[critical] Penal Satchel Charge is categorized as small_explosive, and no longer has the ability to damage buildings at all. This makes their satchel charge mostly useless, and thus one of the main reasons to get Penals is nullified.

Being a small_explosive only affects what crits you deal, and can't think of a single one that would apply to big explosive but not to small explosive right now. I did mention grenades being utterly useless against buildings now, satchels are just a fairly heavy grenade as far as Relic is concerned. I do find it funny that satchels are one of the only grenades that does not have damage_all_in_hold: true and thus will only damage units that are directly in the aoe when thrown at buildings. Meanwhile guard grenades will guaranteed do 50% damage to every single model inside a house, plus whatever damage the actual physical explosion does.

Landing commando gliders on enemy fuel/munition caches will destroy them

Tested, pretty interesting. The glider script is so overengineered at 1200+ lines that I will not bother trying to figure out if there's a way to easily stop that behaviour, but will add it to the list anyway.

You can also destroy friendly caches like this, so atleast it's fair that way :foreveralone:
5 Oct 2015, 23:08 PM

Praise to Lord Cruzz! Relic, hear and implement!
5 Oct 2015, 23:55 PM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2015, 19:38 PMCruzz

Loader Injured critical icon (crit caused only by Ostheer CAS currently) is not removed after crit is gone.

so the crit itself IS removed but the icon stays? well it's annoying instead of potentially game breaking at least.

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2015, 23:04 PMCruzz

I haven't seen any indication of it being broken. But it's not really worth its cost either. You have better things to spend munitions on as OKW, always.

i have seen multiple people say that valiant assault ONLY applies the speed buff (of 1) and nothing else.
6 Oct 2015, 01:40 AM

USF Recon Commander Forward Observation will stop working permanently on a squad as soon as the "leader" model of the squad gets killed while the buff is active.

Relic added this bug to their database, but they think it is when the squad loses all of its original models. In testing, I've seen squads lose the ability when one to four models are lost. It seems like it is tied to one specific model, like you said. Also, looking at the vision range, I'm pretty sure that the ability is given only to one model which causes some strange (and not good) effects.
6 Oct 2015, 02:30 AM

Well done Cruzzi. Hopefully Kyle or another relic rep reads this thread and some of these issues get fixed.
6 Oct 2015, 03:20 AM

Great job Cruzz!

Reading this bug post really brings home how broken this game really is, and after the last patching debacle where changes were clearly not tested by Relic prior to release I wonder if they are even capable of resolving these issues. Its fairly obvious that the people who wrote the original game engine are not involved in patching the game, and the people who are don't really understand how everything works together. In the end I suspect little to nothing will be done to resolve anything listed here.

I do however want to make a comment on the Easy Eight lacking increased scatter when moving. This actually fits historically with the capabilities of the vehicle, as Easy Eights were equipped with a unique suspension system, Horizontal Volute Spring Suspension (HVSS), that increased the firing accuracy of the main gun while on the move as well as giving a nice and 'easy' ride, hence the vehicle's nick name.

So in that particular case, the Easy Eight lacking increased scatter while on the move could be 'working as designed'.

Joseph

6 Oct 2015, 04:44 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'm a bit lazy to put screenshots, but almost since WFA launch, the OKW IR HT will keep some infantry units "marked" on the tactical map out of it's range.

6 Oct 2015, 05:18 AM

We don't mind Relic, it's not embarrassing to admit mistakes and move forward and improve the thing we all love. Please, surrender your pride and accept some help, or at least recognize some problems exist and that you're working to improve them, or something, we're all in this together!

A big thanks to Cruzz and his continued work, especially after patches. Here's to hoping rummaging around for ghost fixes and the like won't be necessary in the future.
6 Oct 2015, 05:19 AM
Patrion 14

I dont know if you are hated or loved by Relic, cruzz :P
6 Oct 2015, 05:31 AM
Donator 11

Should be loved.... he's practically doing part of their job for them.

Cruzz, how is the accuracy multiplier for retreating infantry applied on the Soviet and Wehrmacht snipers? I looked in ebps, sbps and weapons and couldn't find it.
6 Oct 2015, 05:59 AM

Soviets:

Lend-Lease M5 can reinforce with quad upgrade, it shouldn't.

Also people were reporting that Grenadiers from the "Mechanized Grenadier Group" still have the old max range modifier at vet 2 for rifle nades while it was removed in July 21 update for standard Grens.

Soviet industry manpower penalty should be reduced

It should be an on/off ability like the OKW muni to fuel and fuel to muni ability or a clickable ability to convert manpower to fuel like the Wehr ability in CAS to convert fuel to muni.
6 Oct 2015, 06:05 AM

good work, i hope relic reads this or even better respond to that
6 Oct 2015, 06:33 AM

Videos in the background of the menu cap FPS in the menu to 30 FPS max, because of this FPS sometimes fall lower then 30 and make the menu clunky, manualy removing the background video files from the game folder result in 60 FPS and smooth menu.

It should be fixed so the menu have always 60 FPS.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★