Login

russian armor

Infantry engagements

5 Oct 2015, 07:41 AM

How do you deal als OKW with several infantry engagements?

Engagement 1: Soviet Shocktroops

How do you deal with this 6 Squad short range killers? Any way to stop them fron just rushing my Volks?

Engagement 2: American Infantry

If I stay in cover with my Volks they just rush in melee range and shoot them. If I try to attempt to change cover they just get shooten in the back.

Better back up my volks with stormpioneers?
5 Oct 2015, 07:52 AM

Shocks excel at close range, but suck at long range. If you find yourself at point blank range with a Shock squad, retreat immediately. Shocks can be dealt with easily using focus fire. When you see a Shock squad coming towards you immediately micro your squads to fire at it.

Vs Riflemen, if they're rushing your position in cover, throw an incendiary nade just when they're about to reach the opposite side of the cover.
5 Oct 2015, 08:07 AM

i would like to know some pro's suggestion,

as i'm having the same problem^_^
5 Oct 2015, 08:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2015, 07:52 AMKhan
Shocks excel at close range, but suck at long range. If you find yourself at point blank range with a Shock squad, retreat immediately. Shocks can be dealt with easily using focus fire. When you see a Shock squad coming towards you immediately micro your squads to fire at it.

Vs Riflemen, if they're rushing your position in cover, throw an incendiary nade just when they're about to reach the opposite side of the cover.

nice, my post up there were abit late, haha i thought i was the 2nd one to post.. sry man,
5 Oct 2015, 08:19 AM

talking about volks, I can see inc. nades working quite well as aria denial so, if you throw an inc. nade in between your volks and those nasty shocks, they won´t reach point blanc.

Just the same if facing USF rifles.

Not a good player here so, let´s wait if others think this could work or not.
5 Oct 2015, 09:16 AM
Benefactor 392

volks, aren't a very good infantry squad to begin with up untill vet 3 maybe when they start to become a bit more viable.

Engagement 1
let's say you go against shock troops, you first don't want to engage them with just one squad. you want to fight with at the very least 2 and if you can help go with 3.

You want to start engaging them at long range with the first squad, you'll see that they will start to run towards you, this is good as you want to move your fist squad back into fire of your second squad that is preferably in out of range of the shocks. that way the shocks are in between your two volks, sure you may lose 2 or 3 models off of your first squad but the dude will most likely retreat or throw a smoke, which if he does just keep moving your first squad more and more back as you chase with the other.

If it is that easy that is,

engagement 2:
you don't want to engage rifles nor echelons at close/medium range, if you have no choice try to back them up with a sturm squad or whatever else you have available.

try to fake nades to try and push him out of cover or something, and if you notice he isn't budging just throw one, but don't do it to often as he'll likely go stuart, in which you need shreks,
5 Oct 2015, 09:16 AM

try to calculate their movements. Throw a incendiary nade and mostly of the time they walk through it to lose great amounts of HP. 2 volks take them down pretty easy after that.
5 Oct 2015, 09:41 AM

Thanks for all advices I will try it next time!
JLI
5 Oct 2015, 10:57 AM

How do you deal als OKW with several infantry engagements?

Engagement 1: Soviet Shocktroops

Engagement 2: American Infantry

Better back up my volks with stormpioneers?

1: do not engage shocks with infantry, never

2: always use heavy cover with volks, engage at long range and try to support them with sturms
5 Oct 2015, 15:44 PM

Yes , because okw have tanks in 2 CPs
5 Oct 2015, 17:41 PM

but what to do when shockspam supportet by maximspam into t70 spam?
pak/reketen get crushed by shoktrooper and pak cant shoot t70 with shock smokegrenades and maximspam supresses my infantry instantaneously
7 Oct 2015, 05:35 AM

ok guys, i know the the topic is about Shock n Rifleman,

But i dont feel the Devastation fighting them,

My problem is Infantry Section, i mean, i realy dont know how to make them
Lose model u know, i stay behind Green n he's standing at Yellow still my Volk is the 1 losing Model,

unlike Rifleman n Cons, if they in the Yellow, they will receive n Give Dmg like Rifle Should Give,

But IS rifle is kinda, pack to much Punch,

So how do i engage IS, do i need to stay in green wait for them to come,
cause i know ppl say give the Brits a Presure, cause they lack of Map presence,
but when i presure with 3 volk n 1 sturm, im the 1 that losing Unit, while he only lose like 2 Model for a single squad in yellow cover :help:
7 Oct 2015, 05:51 AM

>Inc. Grenades A.K.A. "The I win this engagement button"
7 Oct 2015, 07:13 AM

>Inc. Grenades A.K.A. "The I win this engagement button"

that is after u get a medic or mech tech,by then u may have like 3 volk 1 sturm ( without tech yet )
So, does it have to tech after the 2nd volk or the 3rd volk?..cause if i tech to early i lose 200 manpower

and it will be 3v3 unit(OKW= volk,volk,sturm UKF=IS,IS, MG) which he has the advantage of suppresion n Killing Ability

help pls, just want to know some tactic

EDIT: plus i cant just always throw Inc Nade right? i usually throw Inc only at mg, cause i need muni for Shrek, or does shrek Count as useless, cause they will make Centaur,
7 Oct 2015, 12:36 PM

that is after u get a medic or mech tech,by then u may have like 3 volk 1 sturm ( without tech yet )
So, does it have to tech after the 2nd volk or the 3rd volk?..cause if i tech to early i lose 200 manpower

and it will be 3v3 unit(OKW= volk,volk,sturm UKF=IS,IS, MG) which he has the advantage of suppresion n Killing Ability

help pls, just want to know some tactic

EDIT: plus i cant just always throw Inc Nade right? i usually throw Inc only at mg, cause i need muni for Shrek, or does shrek Count as useless, cause they will make Centaur,

It's really hard to predict, throwing the grenade against moving targets has to be predicted and aimed where they're going. This is easier to do than the timed grenades and can be used to deny cover in engagements or push Riflemen away.

I'm not as solid with my OKW plays but you should try to have at least 2 racketens if you suspect a Centaur rush or use your volks to really force the Brits onto the defensive. In other words fight an aggressive game. It's always a good idea to get one or two arty guns against the brits because they really cannot counter it at all until they get a Centaur out and it has a good suppression value because #Reliccannotintobalance

Shreks can be used against centaurs IN SUPPORT of a Racketten-43. If you only have on or the other the Centaur will molest you like a catholic priest. But you have to win before a centaur comes out, deny fuel and you'll crush the brits. If you let them get to late game... GG.

7 Oct 2015, 13:39 PM

It's really hard to predict, throwing the grenade against moving targets has to be predicted and aimed where they're going. This is easier to do than the timed grenades and can be used to deny cover in engagements or push Riflemen away.

I'm not as solid with my OKW plays but you should try to have at least 2 racketens if you suspect a Centaur rush or use your volks to really force the Brits onto the defensive. In other words fight an aggressive game. It's always a good idea to get one or two arty guns against the brits because they really cannot counter it at all until they get a Centaur out and it has a good suppression value because #Reliccannotintobalance

Shreks can be used against centaurs IN SUPPORT of a Racketten-43. If you only have on or the other the Centaur will molest you like a catholic priest. But you have to win before a centaur comes out, deny fuel and you'll crush the brits. If you let them get to late game... GG.

its ok, i try my best, just now i beat a centaur with some stealing tactic style,,realy bleed but i did get the centaur

i got 3 Fussulier n 2 Volk 2 reken, fighting 4 IS, n Losing men, then i saw centaur

Reken aiming the Centaur 2 hit shot
1 Reken down, n So the other reken, but before the other reken Get killed i Immediate Stole the enemy AT gun that facing the Centaur :D

i win that battle with all my squad alive beside that 1 poor reken, i did manage to take 1 reken with me
n the enemy AT that i stole got kill by IS. Lose the game tho cause my teammate is losing almost all his unit to Air Supremacy
7 Oct 2015, 14:18 PM

its ok, i try my best, just now i beat a centaur with some stealing tactic style,,realy bleed but i did get the centaur

i got 3 Fussulier n 2 Volk 2 reken, fighting 4 IS, n Losing men, then i saw centaur

Reken aiming the Centaur 2 hit shot
1 Reken down, n So the other reken, but before the other reken Get killed i Immediate Stole the enemy AT gun that facing the Centaur :D

i win that battle with all my squad alive beside that 1 poor reken, i did manage to take 1 reken with me
n the enemy AT that i stole got kill by IS. Lose the game tho cause my teammate is losing almost all his unit to Air Supremacy

Sounds like an improvement at least! But yeah, Centaurs are still going to be very hard to kill but at least with 2-3 at guns (possibly a bit spaced out) you can actually hold out until they get toned down.

Sadly Air Supremacy is ridiculously OP and needs to be replaced or made to target buildings only.
7 Oct 2015, 17:03 PM

Sounds like an improvement at least! But yeah, Centaurs are still going to be very hard to kill but at least with 2-3 at guns (possibly a bit spaced out) you can actually hold out until they get toned down.

Sadly Air Supremacy is ridiculously OP and needs to be replaced or made to target buildings only.

Yeah Centaur is just that, cant do much
Air supremacy i agree, its the only reason, that im affraid to put my FHQ in front,:gimpy:
13 Oct 2015, 03:01 AM

guys a quick quick question,

if early game u lost alot of model,n u retreat like 2 of ur unit,
meaning only 1 in the field,

n the enemy has like 2 in the field,
what would u do in this situation?

n plus if like 1 of u unit lost like 4 model need to reinforce while the other lose like 1 to reinforce
do u go in the battle field alone or wait for the other to fully recover then head to the battle field together,

cause i seem i had this problem where i send 1 by 1 to other place to cap, because i was soo affraid of losing point

Newb here.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 62
Korea, Republic Of 12

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak