Login

russian armor

[OKW] [All Modes] [Panzer II Luchs Timing]

5 Oct 2015, 02:50 AM

All earlier luches would do is promote all-in fast luches.
Don't see the problem, as a fast T70 ends the game against any one suffering from early MP bleed due to shitty inf.
5 Oct 2015, 06:12 AM

Luch is fine, If Britsh dont build 2 at guns or spam mines , then fast luch is gg for em.
5 Oct 2015, 06:19 AM

I would keep the hitpoints the same. Perhaps sight range could be a nice thing. If it gets buffed then sight or a bit better accuracy. I don't see any points in hp increase
5 Oct 2015, 06:25 AM
Patrion 28

the lusch is absolutely fine as long as your micro and uncommon sense holds out.
5 Oct 2015, 06:34 AM

Honestly the Luchs is very fine at the moment.
You want to counter inf blobs? Use a commander with MG34 and get 2 LeIG.
The Luchs is not the fire and forget tank that has to be rushed in order to be effective like the T70 or the M3.

It rather is a lategame tiny super Ostwind that's fast as hell. It's no frontline unit. It's used to prevent those Echelon fuckers capping your VP on the other side of the map and to chase retreating units down.

Don't fix what's not broken.
5 Oct 2015, 07:04 AM

It's already appears too early and it takes 1 at gun hit more to kill.
5 Oct 2015, 07:13 AM

too early? It hits the same time as T70 (perhaps 1 minute earlier if you're doing it good)
5 Oct 2015, 10:55 AM

I think luchs is fine, I don't think it needs an extra punch against vehicles. I would rather increase its efficiency against infantry by a little bit.
5 Oct 2015, 11:03 AM

Could this guy please be banned? Hes clearly making multiple accounts and spamming same stupid balance threads over and over again.
5 Oct 2015, 18:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2015, 11:03 AMBurts
Could this guy please be banned?
Raise your tolerance level, yuri. That unbiased playercard though.
5 Oct 2015, 18:38 PM
Donator 22

Problem: As a solely AI unit, it arrives too late and at a time where there are so many hard counters awaiting. T70, Su76, Double 6pounders/Cenatur. Furthermore, it is being sent against extremely hard to hit blobs, equipped with cheap, spammable AT (PIAT, ZOOK).

Solution:
  • Move it to T3; So there will be a short window of opportunity for it to be useful. It will also make OKW T3 more viable as it is never used nowadays.
  • OR; Increase hitpoints so it can't be easliy chased and destroyed by a T70 or generally be more durable for that late time in the game
  • OR; Reduce scatter so standing and LOLing in front is not an option anymore.

Being hit by Piats. Hum hum....

A luchs is way too inaccurate on the move. And what about zooks? Also don't try changing the topic and making it about "me"

Well if you're hit by piats its you the problems, Inaccurate on the move ? That's why it easily wipe squad on retreat.

A bit cheaper Luchs, or moved to T2/T3 with fuel price increased to 70 with lowering HP so 2 shots fromAT gun can kill it and a bit bigger scatter so 6min Luchs won't mean gg.

Yeah let's do this. Give OKW more reason to only do the medic trucks when they fight UKF and USF. Perfectly fine.

5 Oct 2015, 19:16 PM

Don't forget about zook wolfpacks, oorahNade, earlier T70, Su76 ... And read the stats for a better understanding
5 Oct 2015, 20:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Raise your tolerance level, yuri. That unbiased playercard though.

Ain't nothing wrong with some factions being a much smaller percentage of your play, 100+ games easily show it's just not really your thing.
5 Oct 2015, 20:23 PM

Also some guy said "don't try to counter blobs with a luchs". That is not what I meant. I said it arrives at a time when there is a fully evolved blob emerged capable of wrecking anything.
5 Oct 2015, 20:34 PM

luchs is totally fine. but i wouldn't mind a smokescreen comes with an upgrade.
6 Oct 2015, 02:05 AM

I think it's fine right now. Well, if you went the Mech Truck you're probably not going to get an early Luchs regardless, since you have to invest fuel in the vehicles of that building.

But, the Luchs is a perfect match if you went for the Battlegroup headquarters, because you won't be spending any fuel unless you got a Kubel or IR halftrack, which is only 10 fuel if you got both.

My general OKW strategy right now is Volks -> Volks -> Battlegroup -> Leig -> Retreat battlegroup upgrade -> Schwerer -> Luchs. If I have excess manpower I get either another Leig or a third Volks. Sometimes though on building heavy maps having a second Sturmpio squad is nice.

Luchs I think performs very adequately. It's not going to insta-kill infantry like a Centaur, but it's really light and fast, which makes it perfect for chasing down retreating squads. It's also easy to flank and circle around AT guns before they even fire on your luchs, especially against Brits since they have no snares (that is unless they have a sniper).

With all that said, an OKW unit I would love to see get some attention is the Sd.kfz 251/17. I feel like it's really under-performing for the price. It's basically an over-priced MG at this point, I hardly ever see it do any serious infantry damage anymore, and it's incredibly easy to counter because of that. I'm not sure if it got a nerf a while ago or something since I haven't really played OKW in a while, but it just doesn't feel like it's useful anymore, especially against Brits it seems to perform awful.
8 Oct 2015, 21:34 PM

FlakHT is fine for the time it is available (IE 7 min mark). It's the luchs which arrives too late doing too little, getting chased by Crom/Cenatur/T70/Su76, lol.
9 Oct 2015, 12:24 PM

Don't see the problem, as a fast T70 ends the game against any one suffering from early MP bleed due to shitty inf.

If you're suffering MP bleed as okw you're doing something very very wrong.

also the luchs is fine.
9 Oct 2015, 12:46 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Oct 2015, 21:42 PMl4hti
lol its fine now
9 Oct 2015, 13:15 PM

Luchs is hardly my first T4 build, unless I'm going a good fuel lead and my opponent is trying to delay for call-in's. I use it as a complementar vehicle to catch annoying lone harassing squads, or as bait for bigger tanks. Works well with these roles.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 17

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight