Login

russian armor

2 OKW vs 2 SOV and maxim spam

3 Oct 2015, 23:41 PM

Need some advice pls.
How to counter maxim spam to shoks and t70 and flame KV.

Its a bit crazy but maxims are very hard to counter with folks or sturm pios at the start of the game. They kill kubel and supress all inf (they have 2 maxims + eng allways, so i cant just flank em). Then just take most of the map. Then,come the shock troops and t70, i dont think that explaining the final is needed )... offcourse they have mortars and at guns..

Asking for some tips!! PLS remember that it is 2v2 with all its fineness.
4 Oct 2015, 00:06 AM

At the moment is dumb ISG and Pakhowi spam the Meta to counter weapon teams and everythng else. So to do against weapon teams bring in a 2v2 a early isg. volk volk T1 isg forward retread. Just figure it out for yourself.

To deal with a KV-8 is a Jagdpanzer IV always nice and a strong counter in 2v2 matches. Overall, keep your army in a mixed fashion to deal with the allied stuff. :thumb:
5 Oct 2015, 01:03 AM

use ur grenade easilly kill maxim,or as friends said use isg,or u can make mighty stuka vs maxim spam.yeah jp can deal with kv8 and most alies tanks
5 Oct 2015, 06:54 AM

go fast puma? it's coax mg can kill quite decently. And it will hardcounter the t70 later. Get sweepers on ure sturms though
5 Oct 2015, 07:28 AM

Permanently Banned
If I play 2v2 as OKW, I go for the following vs soviet, which always comes down to spam:

- Fortifications doctrine
- 3 volksgrenadiers, preferably 2 of them with shrecks(after start sturms)
- double mg34
- double raketten werfers
- Puma
- Jp4
- Le IG (kappa)

It is important to rush a key house with your sturms right away, get it in and hold out until other units arive, no matter what you do. As soon as you have jp4, transfer ammo for a minute or two, get enough ammunition to be able to spam mines and use a lot of incendiary grenades. After this, switch back to fuel transfer and get a stuka and bombard the living pudding out of all of them!

From there see what you can get, obers aren't worth it with the risk of losing them to a single mine nowadays, but some more volks would do the trick nicely. Also if the game drags on, get your last truck and get a KT, it always puts fear in those enemies!

If possible, use these bulletins:
- Volksgrenadiers receive 10% less suppression
- Sturmpioneers build defensive structures 10% faster (mines included)
- Volksgrenadier panzerschreck package is 5 % cheaper

Good luck!
5 Oct 2015, 07:47 AM

- Volksgrenadier panzerschreck package is x % cheaper (forgot the actual percentage :foreveralone: )

Good luck!

its 5% less. It will cost 85 ammo instead of 90.
5 Oct 2015, 07:50 AM

Permanently Banned

its 5% less. It will cost 85 ammo instead of 90.

Thank you! I will adjust my post Immediately!
6 Oct 2015, 19:32 PM
Donator 22

2 LEIG with 3x5% faster reload. Before the first shell hits the target, the leig shoots the next shell Kappa

kidding.... maxim spam is on some maps very annoying. swarm out your volks and use the grenade. The nade is very good against support weapons/ weapons in buildings. Early game you can supress the first maxim with a kubel and get in with sturmpios
12 Oct 2015, 00:42 AM

I'd say it's easy to counter maxim spam with 3 volks that you spread out nicely. There's always a hole in the maxim defense you can use to throw a flame grenade and usually wipe a maxim. You are usually forced to retreat very often due suppression. So it's very help full to rather set up your medic truck in a semi aggressive position and research the retreat point early in the game.

To fight of the t70 & kv8 usually a jagdpanzer is enough, definitely go for that.
15 Oct 2015, 03:42 AM

Asking for some tips!! PLS remember that it is 2v2 with all its fineness.

OK subjective. Playing double OKW at the moment is just asking for pain. Solution is to play Wehr+OKW. Problem solved. If you enjoy pain, continue doing the same thing.

Double Ostheer works, double Soviet works, double USF works, double Brit even works. Double OKW is for masochists IME. If chewing your arm off and clubbing yourself to death with it sounds like the kind of fun activity you would enjoy, then double OKW is a good choice for you. :thumb:

15 Oct 2015, 07:59 AM

Early game you want to use volks in green cover as much as possible and try and sneak sturm pios around. Kubel can be used to draw their fire.

Maxim firing arc is really small.

Get mechanized company and build a flak halftrack and support it with a puma afterwards. He might have ~one AT gun out by the time your halftrack hits the field but if you micro right it can survive just fine.

Puma hard counters T70's, shocktroops get countered by flak HT and puma. Only thing you have to worry about is AT guns.

I like to get medic truck after this and get an ISG and flashlight HT to maintain map presence.
16 Oct 2015, 04:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 03:42 AMWerw0lf

OK subjective. Playing double OKW at the moment is just asking for pain. Solution is to play Wehr+OKW. Problem solved. If you enjoy pain, continue doing the same thing.

Double Ostheer works, double Soviet works, double USF works, double Brit even works. Double OKW is for masochists IME. If chewing your arm off and clubbing yourself to death with it sounds like the kind of fun activity you would enjoy, then double OKW is a good choice for you. :thumb:

definately not true. I play double okw with my mate and we are currently ranked 15. My other mates play also double okw and they are ranked 4 being undefeated. In my opinion double okw is much stronger than double ost and equal to mixed axis.
16 Oct 2015, 08:16 AM

Yer, but you guys are Über awesome l33t.
16 Oct 2015, 10:53 AM

Use ISG, ISG counters everything.
Hat
17 Oct 2015, 05:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 03:42 AMWerw0lf

Double Ostheer works, double Soviet works, double USF works, double Brit even works. Double OKW is for masochists IME.

Really now? I find that have twice as many IsGs makes for a pretty easy game. Well as far as 3v3s go.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 71
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment