Login

russian armor

2v2 strats.

29 Sep 2015, 18:47 PM
Donator 22

Someone can help me ? I don't find a good strat on 2v2, at least, one strat that make me go to late game.

Let's be honest and I don't want that "OP centaur look OCF" stupid fact here.

As UKF 2v2(and mainly with 2 UKF) you will mainly face : Sniper + grens + mg 42 + 222 OR volks + 2 le IG strat.

What are our options ?

UC : useless with the last wasp nerf, can be usefull agains't kubel.

IS : Good, but will be crushed by Grens and Volks long range, even with cover, and will bleed your manpower heavily, and you can't afford any manpower loose, worse tha USF.

Vickers : good until le ig, aka 4/5 first minutes of the game.

Sniper : By the time you got a sniper you will loose all the map control, both fuel, and it's generally GG

Emplacements : let's be serious, Le ig counter them before they it the field

AEC : Lol.

I can hope to win a match if my opponents are really noobs (or don't follow 222/sniper and le ig, with is the same to me) or I got a soviet or usf mate, by i'll be useless my side in any case because you got no counter at all ....

30 Sep 2015, 05:32 AM

A friend an I have had remarkable success using british and soviet. I focus on AI and katy/arty while he focuses on tank building.
30 Sep 2015, 06:40 AM

churchill + blob of m10s
30 Sep 2015, 09:39 AM

Don't be afraid of losing map control. Sometimes you must lose it, to gain in back with full power, aka sniper rush.
As for UKF, there are plenty ways to start a battle.

2 Vickers + UC (vickers protecting from faust).
IS + Vickers into Platoon and Sniper. Low map presence, require wise movements without any stupid retreat.
Vickers + 2 IS.

And no matter what, you always must rush for Centaur in current state :luvDerp:

Don't spend fuel or Bofors, AC or even UC (unless you feel very safe). Save everything and rush :foreveralone:
30 Sep 2015, 14:17 PM
Donator 22

A friend an I have had remarkable success using british and soviet. I focus on AI and katy/arty while he focuses on tank building.

As I said, I got no problem with UKF/USF or UKF/Soviet in 2v2, just with double UKF.
jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2015, 06:40 AMErguvan
churchill + blob of m10s

Same as above. + problem os UKF ain't late game, but going into it.

Don't be afraid of losing map control. Sometimes you must lose it, to gain in back with full power, aka sniper rush.
As for UKF, there are plenty ways to start a battle.

2 Vickers + UC (vickers protecting from faust).
IS + Vickers into Platoon and Sniper. Low map presence, require wise movements without any stupid retreat.
Vickers + 2 IS.

And no matter what, you always must rush for Centaur in current state :luvDerp:

Don't spend fuel or Bofors, AC or even UC (unless you feel very safe). Save everything and rush :foreveralone:

Problem is , loosing map control will make 90 % of mates in randoms leave...

+You know above 200 ranking, Axis player tends to prepare the centaur, they use the double fuel + map control(on map like road to karkov) to gain 2 pak one stug, or 2 raketen + 2 leig + JPIV. Your centaur will be dead even before it push something.

Once you get pinned by double LeIG and 222 sniper I don't know how a centaur can make you win the game, with both fuel out.

30 Sep 2015, 17:43 PM

Rush both your starting IS into a key house and follow up with a Vickers. Then I like to follow up with a UC and another IS.

From there tech, get a sniper and put med kits on all your IS and make your bren a command vehicle after your first few engagements for the recon plane (you need one of you going a command bren so you can keep tabs on their snipers and unit movements).

preferably you want your partner to take commando regiment for the bombing strike to clear out turtling late game.

From there it's pretty much situational, fast centaur being the obvious choice. my ideal force usually looks like

IS x 2
Vickers
Sniper x 2
Command bren carrier
Engineer x 2
double 6 pounder
Centuar

Anvil is just plain superior to hammer, imo the Churchill is more useful than the comet and the only real ability worth going for is emergency war speed.

When you consider Anvil get faster repairs, better arty and free LMG's mean it's just preferred in teamgames.

But do not do any of the following as brits: Pick artillery regiment, equip PIATs on any of your units, build any emplacements or an AEC, build more than three infantry sections
1 Oct 2015, 04:49 AM
Patrion 310

I got into the top10 random (with my second brit account) without using IS as a fighting unit and instead rely on RE's (5 man), commandos/officier, snipers and vickers. Seems to work pretty nicely for 2vs2s. For 1vs1s I recently beat Jove (werh) without using ISs, so really you dont need ISs as a fighting unit.
Combine a non-IS build with vanguards 1 CP fast cap ability and you can take map control very quickly. Even UC can cap with that 1 CP ability. Alot of players still dont expect brits to swarm the map with 4-6 REs (upgraded with lmgs when floating munitions).
If to much light armor are a problem, go tank hunters (upgraded with artillery flare for vision) + resupply HTs or AEC with vanguard (using the AEC to cap with commander ability). Tank hunters are very good to hunt down light armor in the supply HT as they can see armor in the fog or war.

IS can work ok in 1vs1s but in 2vs2s they usual dont do that much compared to how much MP you invest into it. For 2vs2, try using IS as a support unit behind your line to heal, back cap, laying cover etc.

If double brits, one has to go AEC (or tank hunters) or you will be to weak against light armor rushes.

With the recent camo nerf to Werh sniper, you can usual force a retreat or kill with double lmg's RE within 2 bursts. Air officer with double lmgs + heroic charge do well against snipers as well. So do camo commandos as we have seen recently in the tourney finals.

1 Oct 2015, 07:59 AM
Donator 22

I got into the top10 random (with my second brit account) without using IS as a fighting unit and instead rely on RE's (5 man), commandos/officier, snipers and vickers. Seems to work pretty nicely for 2vs2s. For 1vs1s I recently beat Jove (werh) without using ISs, so really you dont need ISs as a fighting unit.
Combine a non-IS build with vanguards 1 CP fast cap ability and you can take map control very quickly. Even UC can cap with that 1 CP ability. Alot of players still dont expect brits to swarm the map with 4-6 REs (upgraded with lmgs when floating munitions).
If to much light armor are a problem, go tank hunters (upgraded with artillery flare for vision) + resupply HTs or AEC with vanguard (using the AEC to cap with commander ability). Tank hunters are very good to hunt down light armor in the supply HT as they can see armor in the fog or war.

IS can work ok in 1vs1s but in 2vs2s they usual dont do that much compared to how much MP you invest into it. For 2vs2, try using IS as a support unit behind your line to heal, back cap, laying cover etc.

If double brits, one has to go AEC (or tank hunters) or you will be to weak against light armor rushes.

With the recent camo nerf to Werh sniper, you can usual force a retreat or kill with double lmg's RE within 2 bursts. Air officer with double lmgs + heroic charge do well against snipers as well. So do camo commandos as we have seen recently in the tourney finals.

so what would be your units until RE ? 1/2 IS ? + vikers ?

Got to the top 10 2, being pushed back 80 that's why I'm asking
2 Oct 2015, 04:18 AM
Patrion 310

IS (starting unit) + 2 MGs if double brits or just 1 MG if you have soviet/USF to cap early game.
No UC unless they start spamming MGs which could shut down your REs. Save your fuel for fast 5 man upgrade.
Brits can skip early AT gun if going tank hunters (special weapons regiment) + sniper vs light armor.
Also 3 x Vickers 3% accuracy bulletins will help get fast vet which are good against light armor.

IS kinda suck in 2vs2s partly because they have no AT snare. Tank Hunters are more useful so soviet dont have to get early guards and can get shocks. Tank Hunters dont have AI like guards but they have AT grenades instead (so dont need cons support like soviet), artillery flares for increased vision and see armor in the fog of war.
Tank Hunters in the M5 HT (the resupply "M3" HT) are also more usefull than guards in HTs since Tank Hunters can see armor in the fog of war + increased vision (with flares) to spot AT guns.

Special weapons regiment work best against OKW as brits get soft counters to fast luchs and 12 CP call in arty that can kill OKW trucks + decrew ISGs around the truck.

2 Oct 2015, 11:57 AM
Donator 22

Here is a test of the strat, any advises ?
4 Oct 2015, 11:52 AM
Patrion 310

Barantah I'll take a look at the replay tomorrow. I have uploaded the game I had vs jove showing RE/sniper/AEC into Cent.

For 1vs1 and 2vs2 vs Werh; AEC are decent against T2-T4 strats with light armor but risky against fast Ostwind with T2-T3.

Some experience players have said AEC are decent against OKW (to deny getting flak HQ into good position) but I havent seen any replay/twitch stream of that yet.

Personal, with RE spam I have trouble beating OKW in 1vs1, but not 2vs2. The long ISG range + fast luchs are pretty tough to deal with on 1vs1 maps. On the 2vs2 maps you can usually outcap OKW with RE spam + Raid operation (vanguard commander) but 1vs1 not so much.
4 Oct 2015, 15:24 PM
Donator 22

Here is a new replay after I watch yours, improving my play (really destroying platoon to have acces to call in double Re for 310 MP was something i didn't know), something I do too : I upgrade bolster before call in engis

Still, I find this start up quite interesting :

-IS (starting unit)
-Vickers
-Inf Bolster
-IS

-PLatoon
-Sniper
-6 pdr
-IS

-Cromwell/centaur
-RE.

I realise IS really need the fift man to have the firepower to win basic infantery fights, I get Bolster first to not bleed with reinforcements (really bad designer that you pay 100/25 for a upgrade AND have to réinforce each squad), and replace IS by RE if they die.

Basicly with IS you play like you play USF half a year ago, you loose 1/2 model and you back to prevent you from Bleeding.
5 Oct 2015, 02:04 AM

(really destroying platoon to have acces to call in double Re for 310 MP was something i didn't know)

How does this work? You destroy platoon?
5 Oct 2015, 08:27 AM
Patrion 15

(really destroying platoon to have acces to call in double Re for 310 MP was something i didn't know)

How does this work? You destroy platoon?

Yes, just like that. You destroy your Platoon Command Post and then you get access to 2 RE squads for 310MP to be able to repair it. It works the same as when Soviets or OST get their bases destroyed. Have in mind that you'll have to repair it later if you want to use it.
5 Oct 2015, 12:04 PM
Donator 22

Exactly.

You just get platoon, then pop a 6 pdr ordnance gun, shoot point blank into platoon with attack ground and then you get acces to a RE call in as the game consider you can't have RE if platoon is detroyed. Enjoy the 120 MP second RE squad, call 4 squad, repair platoon when needed (to tech up or to buy sniper).
5 Oct 2015, 13:29 PM
Donator 22

Here is a example of my IS squad strat with a fast bolster, no using croc or any "OP units" (well a centaur, used as a AA defense against CAS )
5 Oct 2015, 21:18 PM
Patrion 310

Here is a new replay after I watch yours, improving my play (really destroying platoon to have acces to call in double Re for 310 MP was something i didn't know), something I do too : I upgrade bolster before call in engis

I saw the replay, in general you did good. Listed below are a few ways to maybe improve depending on your personal preferences;.

1. Cap order; At 1:12m your were capping VP and then later munitions. Early game priority fuel not munition point / VPs.

2. Wait for bolster research to finish before RE call-ins so no need to reinforce from 4 to 5 men

3. When feasible keep one or more mg in buildings for cover/range/sight-range bonus and to avoid flank from 222s/rifle grenades. Fortunately for you, enemy did not have alot of early game armor. Get vickers accuracy bulletins if you have them. Bonus range from vetted mgs in buildings also help to scare away offensive snipers (without vet2 sight bonus) as they need a spotter to safely shoot at you.

4. Centaur instead of Cromwell and get a second AT if they go fast T3

5. After Centaur get Anvil + racks + mine sweaper for double lmgs on at least a couple of REs for fast repair and long range DPs. The minesweeper increase repair as well, IIRC. Also the officer with brens are more effective than IS/RE lmgs and can fire on the move.

FYI RE stats;
They(Heavy Engineers) repair as fast as sturmpioneers with a sweeper,and their Explosive ability can clear obstacles/blow down walls. This includes even the annoying bushes that prevent certain buildings from being used to their full potential (looking at you middle house on Faymonville). Salvage engineers salvage a certain amount of resources ranging from Manpower, Munitions, and Fuel from wrecks depending on the health of the wreck and the type of wreck.
Tips from COH2.ORG

!
With the Heavy engineer upgrade from Anvil specialization ,they gain 2 armor on top of veterancy received accuracy bonuses,which makes them one of the hardiest squads in the game. However,their movement speed is also halved. The vickers LMG they receive is the same as the BREN LMG. This LMG doesnt take up a weapon slot,either,so you can add two more weapons for even more firepower. vet 1 cover bonus :-30% cooldown,+50% reload speed
Stats from COH2.ORG

Officer Charge ability;
ALL Squads (even teammates squads)under influence of the Charge ability receive +25% received accuracy,move twice as fast,have -20% cooldown,and have +40% accuracy,for 10 seconds.
Stats from COH2.ORG

7. Go vanguard instead and use the 1 CP "raid operation" ability for fast cap (can use armor to cap as well), it really make a big difference on some of the big maps. For fast tech brits are usually floating munitions so might as well use some of that early-mid game.

8. You were floating 700 MP+ at around 10M. If you have good map control go air officer + heroic charge which help RE blob mid-late game. Heroic charge are very good late game to increase long range DPS from RE lmgs and mid game to charge RE for close range. Air officer also get scout plane which give the option to scout for werh T3 or T4 tech. In general Vanguard just have more versatility and if werh light armor are a big problem, AEC + raid operation can also harrass enemy cut off.

9. After you have first centaur/crowwell its sometimes useful to get a bofor or forward Assembly close to a VP/fuel for reinforcement and Coordinated Fire which dont require IS/sniper flares.

Hope that helps.
6 Oct 2015, 04:16 AM

sniper rush/spam is useless half the time I verse UKF its a sniper spam/rush all u need to do is get a othseer sniper or mortar or if using mec assault rush with assault grens
6 Oct 2015, 09:49 AM
Donator 22

sniper rush/spam is useless half the time I verse UKF its a sniper spam/rush all u need to do is get a othseer sniper or mortar or if using mec assault rush with assault grens

IF well microed, UKF sniper is just as annoying as Osth sniper. Sure you "can" countersnipe him. If you don't go early sniper as osther but you're forced to do one to counter UKF sniper, it's worth the cost.

Rush with assault gren, your will be dead even before you past the IS or RE protecting him.

Mortar ? It need a direct hit + specific attack order on sniper, they won't harass the IS, it's good for me.
6 Oct 2015, 23:40 PM

assault gren rushs are quit easy to pull off against snipers u use there sprint ability and u can usually mange to go right past there IS and if there a HMG guarding the sniper use anther squad on the other side of the firing ark to draw its fire then use sprint to get close to it and then grenade it then continue on ur way to the sniper
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★