Login

russian armor

Brits and Ost late game tech comparison

30 Sep 2015, 09:18 AM

Nerf churchills' health (again), nerf centaur, nerf that Air Supremacy batshit and we see it from then.
Untill then, brits have no chance to be called a balanced faction.

And what is with this early game weakness nonsense? I would understand it if brits had no early hmg. But since they have one.... followed by that UC which is much harder to kill than any of its counterpart in any other faction?

It may seem weak in early game in 1v1 but in other game modes where the team mate/s can support it, this weakness is totaly irrelevant.
30 Sep 2015, 09:27 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2015, 10:16 AMKatitof

Except neither UKF nor ost have reliable light armor, yes they can use it, but in ost case its cheap 222 to cunter sniper or light of opponent and in case of UKF, no one is going to get AEC just for AT as its better to use sniper+6 pounder to counter lights.

So these two factions go for meds, because they don't really have any choice, Ost doesn't even feel that 15 fuel 222 expense and brits have nothing with AEC being as it is and emplacements being butchered.

pls start playing the game already.
30 Sep 2015, 09:34 AM

pls start playing the game already.
His new GTX980 should have brought enough excitement to make him play the game, but that is not the case.
30 Sep 2015, 10:19 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2015, 14:59 PMKatitof

5 tanks in one tier?
Which tier you're talking about?

Because all I can see is cromwell, centaur and firefly.
I wasn't best in school from math, but t me that seems like three instead of 5 with 4th being unlocked by side tech which costs as much as tier.

And no, OKW can get panther well before brits will even think about comet.
Ost T3 and brit T3 arrive at about same time and are equal to each other with the centaur>ostwind exception.
Going for anything above that requires brit field domination, which isn't really possible against either axis faction.

Besides, how many comets or anvil churchills have we seen during the OCF?

Brits don't really have it easier because of the side costs and the attrition, which is by far highest among all armies.

I am was not best in shool too.
Pay 50 fuel to open comet and church its so many ? Just image Ostheer t3 for 50 fuel open panther and brumbar.
Why brits must go comet if thay have centaur OpieOP with AT guns.
I dont watch OCF a lot.
30 Sep 2015, 11:27 AM

Minor note regarding the rush centaur strategy:
I generally buy brit infantry upgrades after i rushed the centaur.

Carry on.
30 Sep 2015, 11:59 AM

I am was not best in shool too.
Pay 50 fuel to open comet and church its so many ? Just image Ostheer t3 for 50 fuel open panther and brumbar.
Why brits must go comet if thay have centaur OpieOP with AT guns.
I dont watch OCF a lot.

Fundamental difference:

Ost T4 grants you three different units for three different situations.
UKF specialization just a single one with exclusive choice.

Why would you pay as much for the possibility to unlock three units as for one?
Doesn't make sense in my book.

And you should've watched OCF, brits don't have to go for it, but its needed for that additional push when you're at stalemate.

In the same manner we could ask why OKW doesn't have to pay additional costs to unlock panther, but instead have it just there.
30 Sep 2015, 12:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2015, 06:49 AMwongtp
glaring lack of indirect fire options, heavy mp bleed. surely you have played against ost who have set up a good position with mortars mg snipers and grenadiers.

good luck getting up a centaur before his panzer4 with that kind of heavy mp bleed.

Only bad players go Pz4 vs Brits.
30 Sep 2015, 13:51 PM

Or really good ones :P

I generally buy brit infantry upgrades after i rushed the centaur.

I thought everyone does that now?
30 Sep 2015, 14:09 PM

Permanently Banned

And waht do good players ?
30 Sep 2015, 14:10 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2015, 11:59 AMKatitof

Fundamental difference:

Ost T4 grants you three different units for three different situations.
UKF specialization just a single one with exclusive choice.

Why would you pay as much for the possibility to unlock three units as for one?
Doesn't make sense in my book.

And you should've watched OCF, brits don't have to go for it, but its needed for that additional push when you're at stalemate.

In the same manner we could ask why OKW doesn't have to pay additional costs to unlock panther, but instead have it just there.

Nope, pay to much its not way too.
30 Sep 2015, 14:24 PM

So if pay more to get more is not the way to go, then I don't know what is.
Only brits have anything comparable to ost T4 and they still get just a single unit for that.
30 Sep 2015, 16:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2015, 09:18 AMJohnnyB
Nerf churchills' health (again), nerf centaur, nerf that Air Supremacy batshit and we see it from then.
Untill then, brits have no chance to be called a balanced faction.

And what is with this early game weakness nonsense? I would understand it if brits had no early hmg. But since they have one.... followed by that UC which is much harder to kill than any of its counterpart in any other faction?

It may seem weak in early game in 1v1 but in other game modes where the team mate/s can support it, this weakness is totaly irrelevant.

How is the UC harder to kill than any of his counter parts? you faust it and its pretty much dead? At least the kubel can pin like 3 squads at once, does not have to be upgraded to do so, is faster and I am pretty sure it is cheaper. The UC does almost 0 dmg now and is completely fucking useless cause the wasp was nerfed to hell (use to be only good thing about it) the flamer does no dmg now and the UC never did before when it didn't get upgraded to the wasp which cost 90 munitions which I think no one thought about when the nerf bat came.

2v2 there still weak it is like playing 2v1 most the early game. They are completely worthless until centuar which yeah I agree needs a nerf but not until the early game is fixed. IS can't attack because they are useless with out cover, they have no smoke, they have no at snare, and piats are useless against any one with half a brain that does not just move there vehicle a bit. Vickers thanks to okw new nade gets wiped like crazy.

Leig (which i'm sure you will defend despite the mile long thread of how it makes the game unplayable) further makes brit useless with it wiping and bleeding MP from IS and rendering emplacements useless. How you would let brit even get to centuar is beyond me and by the time they get one you should have more than enough counters.

Fix Brit early game then worry about there late game.

The church has a lot of hp but has a shit gun its a damage sponge what it is suppose to be. The comet is a 185 fuel expensive to tech good tank but not OP its similar to panther why shouldn't allied get a good tanks?
30 Sep 2015, 17:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2015, 14:24 PMKatitof
So if pay more to get more is not the way to go, then I don't know what is.
Only brits have anything comparable to ost T4 and they still get just a single unit for that.

But they will get 3 special skills which are very useful. Except the brits won't get a panzerwerfer,they get a single unit which is such excellent and too effective. The comet is very good at both AT and AI. I'm pretty sure it's the best medium tank of the whole game. Then that OP churchill... While the ost panther is only good at AT and brumbar is only good at AI.They both have limitations and expensive.

So getting a single unit is fair enough. The unfair thing is, it's too easy and no risky to tech up to the heavies tier after they go for a T3 unit. Totally unfair. Ost must spend 120 fuel and much time to tech up. It makes this faction struggles a lot and takes a huge risk when teching. So when they go to T3 for pz4s or stugs, they hardly go to T4 but wait for tigers instead.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★