Login

russian armor

ML20 and OKW faction design

28 Sep 2015, 18:40 PM

This thing can cover the whole base of your opponent on all 1vs1 maps. Further more, OKW is designed in a way which requires you to use forward HQs in order to remain in game. Nevertheless, ML20 can reach out your base sector, so your HQs won't be safe even if you deploy your trucks inside your base. High damage, 1000 penetration and small scatter make this unit into an instant I-Win button. You wonder why they designed OKW in this way if a single howie can completely end the game for you. Any of the following changes could solve the issue and this unit will retrain its usefulness.

- Massive penetration nerf
- Increased scatter
- Damage reduction (same as all other howies)
28 Sep 2015, 18:58 PM
Donator 11

This thing can cover the whole base of your opponent on all 1vs1 maps. Further more, OKW is designed in a way which requires you to use forward HQs in order to remain in game. Nevertheless, ML20 can reach out your base sector, so your HQs won't be safe even if you deploy your trucks inside your base. High damage, 1000 penetration and small scatter make this unit into an instant I-Win button. You wonder why they designed OKW in this way if a single howie can completely end the game for you. Any of the following changes could solve the issue and this unit will retrain its usefulness.

- Increased scatter

The ML20 got nerfed hard a couple of patches ago. It is currently the worst on map artillery. Build a stuka to counter in 1v1, since artillery pieces can no longer be built in base sector.
28 Sep 2015, 19:19 PM

Further more, OKW is designed in a way which requires you to use forward HQs in order to remain in game.
This simply isn't true. OKW infantry is just as good as soviet infantry, even better if you keep them alive. They have a fuel disadvantage, but it really isn't by as much as it seems and they can access better armor then the other factions incredibly quick. On top of this their base sector provides them with everything they may need if they fall behind on resources.

they have plenty more ways of making up for their resource disatvantage then the base structures, and they only exist as a way to keep up momentum and aggresion. If you don't think you can keep up your momentum then don't build these in the field. If you do so you should be aware that they WILL eventually be destroyed one way or another. They aren't meant to be permanent emplacements that allow you to lock down sectors of the maps for the entire duration of the game. That would just be unfair to the allies if they had no means to counter it. They are a risk and you should treat them accordingly.
28 Sep 2015, 19:27 PM

If you don't think you can keep up your momentum then don't build these in the field.
Pay more attention :
Nevertheless, ML20 can reach out your base sector, so your HQs won't be safe even if you deploy your trucks inside your base.
28 Sep 2015, 19:33 PM

The same is true for literally every artillery piece. They are attrition units. The longer they are out on the field the more damage to your army they will do.

Luckily they are no longer buildable in the base. So you will need to be aggressive and raid your enemies backline and destroy it.

If it immediately begins attacking your base then this is a good opening since your opponent just spent 600mp that isn't doing any damage to your fighting forces. Use that 600mp advantage to assault him.

The same is true for every artillery piece in the game. If they build one, you need to get aggresive quick and come up with a way to destroy it or you will lose the game. There is nothing special about the ML-20.

28 Sep 2015, 20:19 PM

A ML20 thread op now lol. After the massive ninja move by Relic. Im losing faith in the balance forums..
28 Sep 2015, 20:28 PM

I have a protip for OP:
Repair your damaged shit between barrages, you don't operate on gliders or ambient buildings which can't be repaired, so use that sturmpios for something more then derping around.
28 Sep 2015, 20:31 PM

The ML20 got nerfed hard a couple of patches ago. It is currently the worst on map artillery. Build a stuka to counter in 1v1, since artillery pieces can no longer be built in base sector.

I think you forgot to tell him to read a book on how to play.

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2015, 20:28 PMKatitof
I have a protip for OP:
Repair your damaged shit between barrages, you don't operate on gliders or ambient buildings which can't be repaired, so use that sturmpios for something more then derping around.

Well said katherine.
28 Sep 2015, 20:46 PM

The cool down is so short that you'll also lose your expensive sturmpio while repairing. I appreciate the protip though , especially from someone who doesn't even play the game.
28 Sep 2015, 20:55 PM

- Increased scatter

It's hardly an I Win button and I only use them on 3v3 and up because they are a big MP sink and they aren't accurate enough to hit anything except static targets so pretty much base buildings, bunkers and trucks. As other said, it isn't hard to get a unit close to them and gun their crew or toss a nade. Luckily for OKW you can get units out of houses (Falls) but if you used another doctrine almost all your infantry have some type of grenade available....best advice I can give you when you think a unit is an "I win" button...try playing with that faction and bring out their OP unit then see how your enemy counters...you will often see they aren't as awesome as you think. I know from experience :)
11 Apr 2019, 14:23 PM

Build your own lefh and counterbarrage or take that 50 fuel they invested into the arty and use it to pressure them. Soviet are the worst faction in the entire game at holding ground. Take advantage of that.
11 Apr 2019, 14:33 PM

Build your own lefh and counterbarrage or take that 50 fuel they invested into the arty and use it to pressure them. Soviet are the worst faction in the entire game at holding ground. Take advantage of that.

Funny how a 2015 thread is still incredibily relevant.

However, I think these long range indirect fire units should be forbiden from shooting into the base sector
11 Apr 2019, 15:24 PM

Funny how a 2015 thread is still incredibily relevant.

However, I think these long range indirect fire units should be forbiden from shooting into the base sector

Tbh I almost think the base sector should give a bit of a damage reduction effect. I mean it's your base so if you were chased into it odds are you are fucked anyways right? If you are fighting out of base you are in a sore spot but getting hit with arty in base just sucks...
11 Apr 2019, 16:06 PM

Nevertheless, ML20 can reach out your base sector, so your HQs won't be safe even if you deploy your trucks inside your base.

The German howy can do this too. I assume you want that nerfed as well?
11 Apr 2019, 16:11 PM

The German howy can do this too. I assume you want that nerfed as well?

German Howitzer does it better, leFH 18 has better accuracy and rate of fire.
11 Apr 2019, 16:26 PM

LefH will counter it nicely with counter-barrage.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★
  • The British Forces flag 보드카 중대
  • Oberkommando West flag VonManteuffel
  • Ostheer flag Heartless Jäger
uploaded by XXxxHeartlessxxXX

Board Info

202 users are online: 7 members and 195 guests
OKSpitfire, Tiger Baron, nigo, DIRTY_FINISHER, Katitof, amanitamuscariaomh, Hannibal
9 posts in the last 24h
35 posts in the last week
89 posts in the last month
Registered members: 44642
Welcome our newest member, amanitamuscariaomh
Most online: 2043 users on 29 Oct 2023, 01:04 AM