Login

russian armor

Current State of Balance

28 Sep 2015, 13:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2015, 13:24 PMJohnnyB

It was more balanced than ever before british faction was launched. Now, the balance is a total mess with broken units on both sides, especially on allied side (if we referring to numbers).

Play axis sometimes, it's harder now and good for improve your overall game skills. Just sayin'.

I sometime play Axis as the queue wait time is now shorter but i still find it a lot more easy to win...

Try to play Allies for some time you will understand.

Speaking for 4vs4 match format only.
28 Sep 2015, 14:15 PM

Speaking for 4vs4 match format only.

Well, I wouldn't know about that so it appears we are talking about different things.
28 Sep 2015, 15:21 PM
Donator 11

I don't think balance is that bad at the moment. There are just a few grossly over-performing units. Centaur, leig, croc, etc - you see the threads.
28 Sep 2015, 15:24 PM

The main shit that is currently overperforming is british units
28 Sep 2015, 15:27 PM

ISG and Pack Howie are nuts at the moment. Too reliable accuracy and suppression, it often pins as well. The ISG range at vet 1 becomes just ridiculous. It doesnt need the +15 range at all.

All churchill tanks still have too much hp, should be brought down to 1280.

Panzergrens might need a slight DPS buff.

SU76 is currently too good for its cost.

Rework Penals, give them a long range profile or just buff their rifles, do something meaningful to them.

Give the P4 either a cost reduction or a pen buff.

Buff Mech Company and Recon Support Company.

Overhaul Soviet Industry.

Give Volks slightly better vet bonuses to boost their anti infantry viability in the lategame or just give them an AI upgrade that locks the AT upgrade out.

NERF CENTAUR

Slightly reduce the cooldown on brace.

Buff the M8A1 Scott.

28 Sep 2015, 15:30 PM
Patrion 14

stuff
+1, great list.
28 Sep 2015, 15:59 PM

As Hiflex pointed out:

http://coh2chart.com/

28 Sep 2015, 16:04 PM

ISG and Pack Howie are nuts at the moment. Too reliable accuracy and suppression, it often pins as well. The ISG range at vet 1 becomes just ridiculous. It doesnt need the +15 range at all.

Rework Penals, give them a long range profile or just buff their rifles, do something meaningful to them.

Give Volks slightly better vet bonuses to boost their anti infantry viability in the lategame or just give them an AI upgrade that locks the AT upgrade out.

NERF CENTAUR

Buff the M8A1 Scott.

+1
28 Sep 2015, 16:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

List

I'll add SU/OH vet1 overhaul.
28 Sep 2015, 17:37 PM

As a mediocre at best player at the moment, I say axis is really in a tough point. It's absolutely correct to say that you just react to allies, and you have to keep having faith you can do it. I mainly play 1v1, so that's my standpoint.

Trying to be agressive and cutoff your enemy being axis is for those blessed with skills that exceed by quite a lot the allies' player. More often than not, I just get surrounded and beaten to a pulp of an army. OTOH, with the allies, this is expected, and if you manage to do it well, you'll be pushing a tank quite earlier than the german player.

I might say that allied tanks are not worse at all than axis tanks. I think it's just a matter of swapping some numbers, with all the balance addresses.
28 Sep 2015, 18:07 PM

NERF CENTAUR

Buff the M8A1 Scott.

+1
especially the idea with an AI upgrade for volks, shreks is a nobrainer atm without another option.
28 Sep 2015, 18:34 PM

NERF CENTAUR

Buff the M8A1 Scott.

I agree with all of these except the greyed out ones. I don't want Penals role to change, but their effectiveness at it. Besides, I love the pop of the SVT, and I'd hate to see it be replaced by boring old Mosin's that every other unit has. Unless Guards get SVT's instead, that could work maybe but it'd be at odds with their long range AT Rifles and DP Upgrades.

I don't agree with a straight buff for the Scott just because it feels a tad strong to have a mortar that can fire at full speed and direct-fire, but I guess I just disagree with the unit on principal.
28 Sep 2015, 18:48 PM

Also need to fix the Churchill's grenade and acceleration.
28 Sep 2015, 18:52 PM

What if you don't have these bulletins?

Farm them.
28 Sep 2015, 18:58 PM

dasheepeh you have some good stuff on your list, but I must disagree. Without buffs to early game Brits, there is no way we can continue to nerf them. Brits still suffer badly from MP bleed and cool down brace is not going to change that. They need a way to get on the field.

OKW off maps should be looked at.

P4 cost is about right, penetration buff at vet? You already have excellent AT in the stug. The P4 should not be a one stop shop, it should be an intermediate answer to everything.

Volks have quite a bit of versatility right now. Buffing their AI would limit the importance of other units and make them a one stop shop again. If you want AI use Sturms, then elite infantry and obers. AI upgrade is hard to understand because then volks would be able to deal with their counters. Volks are vulnerable to AI units because they should be.

SU76 is quite good, still very vulnerable to AT of all types. We have had a whole thread on that, and various strategists have suggested it is in a good place. What about the SU76 is too good? Maybe a slight increase in fuel cost?
28 Sep 2015, 19:01 PM

Penals just need a straight up DPS buff. They are supposed to be anti infantry squads, yet honestly they dont perform much better than conscripts. These guys should be riflemen without the ability to get BARs or M1919s, not conscripts +- like they currently are.

28 Sep 2015, 19:19 PM

P4 cost is about right, penetration buff at vet? You already have excellent AT in the stug. The P4 should not be a one stop shop, it should be an intermediate answer to everything?

The problem is you can't afford a PIV and a StuG III, the PIV locks you into having a unit putzing around that doesn't scale well when facing off against heavies/advanced tanks like the ISU/IS2/Churchill variants/Comet/Easy Eight/T34/85 because it's pen is sub par for what your paying for.

Basically a lot of the issue lay in Ostheer T3 being very expensive, and the USF 75mm low velocity Sherman having the exact same pen for lower cost on it's AP shells with the added bonus of the ability to switch to HE shells that are great for wiping low model count Ostheer squads right off the map.

The solution lay in two things; either making the PIV better in pen or something else or lowering it's cost. It was suggested in the other thread putting the Ost one at 115 and OKW at 125.

Volks have quite a bit of versatility right now. Buffing their AI would limit the importance of other units and make them a one stop shop again. If you want AI use Sturms, then elite infantry and obers. AI upgrade is hard to understand because then volks would be able to deal with their counters. Volks are vulnerable to AI units because they should be.

But no other army in the game has to make this sacrifice. Conscripts get AT nades, molotovs, better veterancy, and doctrinally they get an AI upgrade. USF can put basically anything on it's mainline infantry (and doctrinally add the ability to put down Schu mines). Brits can also put any variety of upgrades they want on their mainline infantry as well.

Simply put, Volks are the only basic infantry in the game with neither a doctrinal upgrade or a selection of upgrades period. This of course isn't getting into the fact Volks scaling got a huge kick in the nuts with the Conscript and Rifle scaling buffs.

28 Sep 2015, 19:43 PM

But no other army in the game has to make this sacrifice. Conscripts get AT nades, molotovs, better veterancy, and doctrinally they get an AI upgrade. USF can put basically anything on it's mainline infantry (and doctrinally add the ability to put down Schu mines). Brits can also put any variety of upgrades they want on their mainline infantry as well.

Simply put, Volks are the only basic infantry in the game with neither a doctrinal upgrade or a selection of upgrades period. This of course isn't getting into the fact Volks scaling got a huge kick in the nuts with the Conscript and Rifle scaling buffs.

not entirely true. first off, volks can get G43s (doctrinal). they do have the lmg42 upgrade and the faust regardless. they're decent main line infantry, but the real problem is that there basically is no wehr infantry that can deal with late game allied infantry (commandos, rifles with upgrades/vet, REs with upgrades/vet, shocks etc.).
28 Sep 2015, 19:50 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2015, 19:43 PMcr4wler

not entirely true. first off, volks can get G43s (doctrinal). they do have the lmg42 upgrade and the faust regardless.

Volks can get lmg42s and have fausts? When did that get patched in?
28 Sep 2015, 20:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2015, 19:43 PMcr4wler

not entirely true. first off, volks can get G43s (doctrinal). they do have the lmg42 upgrade and the faust regardless. they're decent main line infantry, but the real problem is that there basically is no wehr infantry that can deal with late game allied infantry (commandos, rifles with upgrades/vet, REs with upgrades/vet, shocks etc.).

Read; Volks not Grens.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment