Login

russian armor

Angry Joe plays Company of Heroes 2 British Forces

24 Sep 2015, 06:03 AM

Apparently this is Joe's first time playing CoH2, so as you can imagine, he is utterly dreadful at every aspect of the game. Regardless he seems to really enjoy himself for what little he plays

WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK...

Something else to note: He talks about the in-game store and the microtransactions within the game at the end of his video, and he criticizes Relic/Sega for including such a model.

24 Sep 2015, 06:33 AM
Donator 33

IMO Angry Joe is an outstanding reviewer, but if you don't know AJ in advance, this particular show isn't going to convince you.

I didn't watch him play, but I *did* watch the ending with them ranting on the micro-transaction. I don't think it's going to have all that big of an impact on numbers of players honestly, the ending was a fizzle. As it should be.

Imagine if he'd known CoH2, waiting for the hotfix and experiencing the bugs and how long they are allowed to stick around. I don't think that would be pretty.

Ballsy of Relic and SEGA to ask AJ to mini-review. Could have been a lot worse.
24 Sep 2015, 06:41 AM
Patrion 14

Ballsy of Relic and SEGA to ask AJ to mini-review. Could have been a lot worse.

None of this will be important when relic finally makes COH 2 into the f2p title they want it to be.

There's a reason microtransactions are in their current state and have not changed despite multiple petitions requesting them to do so. And honestly, if they are struggling for money as I think they are, it's the right move to do despite what I think will happen when they do it.
24 Sep 2015, 06:47 AM

None of this will be important when relic finally makes COH 2 into the f2p title they want it to be.

There's a reason microtransactions are in their current state and have not changed despite multiple petitions requesting them to do so. And honestly, if they are struggling for money as I think they are, it's the right move to do despite what I think will happen when they do it.
They aren't struggling for money. They have decent sales and with all the DLC stuff on top of that they probably aren't struggling.

They were struggling when they made it though an THQ was going under so that's probably a big reason why they did it in the first place though.
24 Sep 2015, 07:35 AM

Well, its some marketing, I call it progress.
24 Sep 2015, 07:40 AM

I really like Joe Vargas and appreciate the honest reviews he does,
Even if i don't agree with it sometimes he seems sincere.

However if Joe knew half of the BS that relic/sega has pulled the last
two years, I feel like it would incite a angry rant.

As a fan relic really let me down with coh2 as a whole.

24 Sep 2015, 08:21 AM

Angry Joe gets angry about DLC commanders, surprised? nope.
24 Sep 2015, 08:49 AM
Benefactor 115

to be fair DLC commanders are bullshit
24 Sep 2015, 09:03 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 08:21 AMwuff
Angry Joe gets angry about DLC commanders, surprised? nope.

Relic makes it very easy for people to criticize this game. It would also have been interesting to watch Angry Joe play against players with DLC commanders that have the Tiger Ace or the Crocodile.
24 Sep 2015, 09:21 AM

Same stuff with all SEGA titles. DLC commanders are utter shit. Multiplayer content which affects your strategic possibilities should not be put behind a paywall.

Anyway, good to see the game getting some publicity where it matters.
24 Sep 2015, 09:33 AM

15 euros of skins for british

How you can be more a BITCH
24 Sep 2015, 09:36 AM

I think :

Sega paid him for make this video

Don't know why he will make a video on a unknow game lol
24 Sep 2015, 09:41 AM
Benefactor 115

I think :

Sega paid him for make this video

It says so right in the video description :snfPeter:
24 Sep 2015, 11:23 AM

Nothing wrong with skins as DLC.
24 Sep 2015, 14:34 PM

Joe knows all about what Sega can do to games; you have only to watch his Rome 2 review to know that.

Watching him bumbling around was painful though.
24 Sep 2015, 14:48 PM

Joe knows all about what Sega can do to games; you have only to watch his Rome 2 review to know that.

Watching him bumbling around was painful though.

SEGA, EA, Ubisoft, even Square Enix.

All of the "big players" go for what can leech most money and because it works and because players buy everything contrary to what 1% on forum screams it will only further go in that direction.

Why do you think all AAA games are littered with DLCs and micropays?
Why there is an avalanche of bad F2P games recently?
Why literally ALL of indie games are success?

People are willing to throw away money, players are lowering their standards and will buy anything and everything, when they have a feeling that extra money will help them win, they will go for it.

CoH2 isn't an exception here, we can either take what content they give us or quit gaming at all, because we won't change masses literally throwing money at shitty games and supporting shitty monetization decisions with their own wallets.
24 Sep 2015, 17:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 14:48 PMKatitof

Why literally ALL of indie games are success?

http://radiatoryang.itch.io/stick-shift

Best indie game ever.
24 Sep 2015, 17:36 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 14:48 PMKatitof
People are willing to throw away money, players are lowering their standards and will buy anything and everything, when they have a feeling that extra money will help them win, they will go for it.

CoH2 isn't an exception here, we can either take what content they give us or quit gaming at all, because we won't change masses literally throwing money at shitty games and supporting shitty monetization decisions with their own wallets.

+1

PD: the moment his souls is crushed when he saw the store.
24 Sep 2015, 19:09 PM
Patrion 26

Guys you make it sound like you can`t get the items unless you buy them. At least they added warspoils that have a chance to drop the commanders so I don`t see a reason for all your hate about paid DLC.
Play some games and you might get a chance to get a commander....
You do realize they have to get money from somwhere to pay for the server hosting and people salaries. Money don`t just magically appear
24 Sep 2015, 21:59 PM

That's not a bad thing though, skins are cosmetic and don't effect anything. For the most extreme example, the value of some knives in CS:GO is higher than $400 Steam market cap. It's the Commanders that people don't like being for sale.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 39
unknown 27
Mexico 15
Germany 852

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %